overall
Serve in Snifter, Tulip, Tumbler

RATINGS: 2286   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.7   EST. CALORIES: 186   ABV: 6.2%

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
Hoss (607) - Florida, USA - FEB 9, 2003
I can not appreciate this style, the winney taste distracts for me. The sweet and sour I can understand but it just does not come together for me

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
Delbomber (387) - Philadelphia, USA - MAY 9, 2002
Didnít have a full glass of this, but what I had was memorable enough to write about here. Eccentric nose of ketchup coincides with the vinegarette flavors. There is a depth of flavor that is overwhelmed by the harsher characteristics consisting of a sturdy fruit backbone and balanced sourness. Light and earthy, the first word that comes to mind is bizarre.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
Toiletduck (20) - Philadelphia, USA - MAY 14, 2002
Tastes like a light vinegarette dressing. Would go great on my salad, but I donít know about drinking an entire bottle.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 10/20
Prostman (1077) - Pennsylvania, USA - DEC 14, 2002
This was too winey for me...I donít usually mind Red Ales from Belgium, but this was not up my alley.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
RichardGretton (4220) - Leicestershire, ENGLAND - NOV 11, 2004
Black beer with little head retention. The aroma is sweet/sour and kriek like, and the flavour is thick and syrupy with a sweet/sour and kriek feel. Overall a very disappointing beer.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
Garrat (1254) - Suffolk, ENGLAND - APR 25, 2005
From A Bottle.Dark red in colour with a small head, aroma is sour like old cider and vinegar, taste is sour, woody with some cherry and airfix glue.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
HazelRah (276) - Summerland, British Columbia, CANADA - OCT 6, 2005
Dark brown with a thin but solid head. Sweet aroma carrying wine and pine. Flavour is tart, sweet, and smoky with a viscous mouthfeel.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
ApisAles (1576) - Greenbelt, Maryland, USA - MAR 2, 2008
I thought it smelled like nail polish remover initially and K said all she could smell was barbecued shrimp. Interesting sour ale with a lot of complexity going on, but I couldnít get over the smell. The more I drank, the more a cherry syrup flavor started coming to the forefront. Definitely had better sours. Poured a gorgeous amber color, however.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
Cirrhosis (1192) - Edmonton, Alberta, CANADA - JUN 3, 2009
First time ever reviewing a Flemish sour so Iím not to sure how there suppose to taste but here we go. Pours very dark clear reddish brown, massive fizzy head that had moderate retention. Weak aroma, I think I can smell some malts and Iím picking up some kind of weak sweet fruit aroma. What the hell is this taste!!!! Insanely sweet way sweeter then I ever imagined it would be, I was expecting a sour beverage but I got this. Maybe possibly sour caramel flavor but what the hell is that?!?!?!?!? Not bad tasting but I just canít handle the intense sweetness of this brew, would never be able to drink more then one in a night. I shall rereview

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
Benzai (7218) - Oirschot, THE NETHERLANDS, NETHERLANDS - JUN 25, 2011
Only thing good about this beer is the great dark brown color with the deep red glare. Smell sour and a little chemical, taste is just not good. Low to medium carbo.