overall
Serve in Snifter, Tulip, Tumbler

RATINGS: 2312   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.7   EST. CALORIES: 186   ABV: 6.2%

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
Spiesy (2338) - Sydney, Greater London, AUSTRALIA - MAY 10, 2003
Bottled. Crimson, deep mahogany with a light lacy head. Sour, sour and more sour. Twist of something else, not sure what. A new experience but not my style.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 6/20
Emil (6066) - Copenhagen, DENMARK - NOV 25, 2004
My wife loves this one but it´s not my style of beer. Dark red-brown color and a sour aroma with a jint of cherry. the taste is also light sour and with some cherry in there. Medium body and a long sour finish.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 7/20
jefcon (1376) - Arlington, Virginia, USA - DEC 20, 2004
Decent-looking, but that’s not the point here. The aromas of vinegar and even horseradish are strange and out of place. The finish is sickly sweet. I wondered if something had gone wrong with the bottle fermentation until I read other reviews. Maybe it’s my unsophisticated palate, but I simply didn’t like this "Flemish Sour Ale," and cannot vouch for the beer or the style. Sorry.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 7/20
michael-pollack (4960) - King of Prussia, Pennsylvania, USA - OCT 6, 2007
Draught: Sour aroma. Smells of schmegma, funk, and Limburger cheese. Poured ruby red/brown with a small tan head. Good lacing. Clear. Disgusting sour and tart flavor. Tastes of dark fruit, Limburger cheese, and mold. Medium to full body. Dry texture. Lively carbonation. Dry sour finish. Overall, YUCK!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
slf245 (50) - USA - MAR 1, 2008
Too much like a carbonated dessert wine for me. Tart cherry. Good if I was in the mood for something other than beer. Would give me a tummy ache, like malt beverages (a la Smirnoff). Eww.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 5/20
terrybail (591) - London, Ontario, CANADA - NOV 26, 2008
UPDATED: NOV 28, 2008 330ml bottle from the SAQ in a trade for a server cabinet  The aroma is tart and very vinegary it smells like sweet malt vinegar Pours a nice dark reddish copper with a small off white head no lacing at all The taste is very sour and vinegary and highly carbonated if I had not read other reviews I would have sworn this had gone bad I love malt vinegar just not in my beer not for me i could not even finish it

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
maddmatt639 (224) - Pacifica, California, USA - JUL 14, 2013
Smells sour and a little putrid. Tastes like sour apples in a brown ale. I do not like. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 4/20
bb (6851) - Alamo, California, USA - AUG 2, 2003
Bottled. Be prepared, it's not your typical Belgian Ale (more like a lambic profile which I was not expecting with the first sip). If it wasn't quite so sour, it would be a nice cherry lambic with a little extra something. As it is, I'm wondering if I got a bad bottle.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 4/20
bob32256 (171) - Jacksonville, Florida, USA - JAN 4, 2004
the aroma is a strange combination of sweet and vinegar; dark brown color with a long-lasting tan head; the taste is definitely sour - too much so for my taste

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 4/20
Jwasciuk (198) - Lowell, Michigan, USA - AUG 22, 2006
Aroma is of bread and molasses with moderatly perfume and earthy overtones. It poured clear and red with a light brown fizzy head which didnt last long. The taste was a surprise, sweet and acetic at the same time finish was lightly bitter and again the vinegar was promanate, light to medium bodied watery and fizzy with moderate alcohol flavor.