overall
Serve in Snifter, Tulip, Tumbler

RATINGS: 2360   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.7   EST. CALORIES: 186   ABV: 6.2%

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
Abio (1616) - Waasland, BELGIUM - JUL 19, 2010
Sour ale... Not my thing... but stands in my house, so have to taste it some day... Pours out brow-redish. A pretty good medium head, could hold longer for me, but sticks very good at the glass. The looks are ok... But then the smell, sourness is comming to me instantly, sourness, some fruits, and if I do an effort, I even get some spices to smell and some wood. This canít be my thing... Tasting will be a bit a torture I think... But itís ok. Maybe Iím getting used some more to the sour ales, but the sour-sweet taste is not to bad. Red fruits and spices, and cause of the sweetness the sourness is somehow moderated. Itís there, but not only sourness. Carbonation could be some more, and maybe some less soda-taste, but itís more drinkeable then I expected, specially after smelling.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 6/20
superflyguy (428) - Leeds, West Yorkshire, ENGLAND - DEC 21, 2011
clearly my palate isnít evolved enough to appreciate this. deep ruby with almost no head. smells of old cheap red wine, with a hint of pepper. tastes very sour (as i assume itís supposed to) to the point of almost wanting to spit it out. one the second sip there were hints of cherry and sour apples. palate was pretty good if a little thin. maybe i need to sit by a fire and sip at this next time. keg - old bell , harrogate

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 6/20
jvhemert (332) - Edinburgh, SCOTLAND - OCT 27, 2012
AROMA: resin, sour berries, mustard? APPEARANCE: amber TASTE: lightly bitter, heavily sour, PALATE: medium body, thin feel, average carbonation, astringent, OVERALL: too sour to be enjoyable.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 6/20
20107589 (304) - randers, DENMARK - MAY 3, 2013
sour aroma, bit floral, black clear beer, with a frothy foam. a bit sweet, nearly nothing bitterns, ang heavy sour. light body with a soft carbonation

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
jflopsu (580) - New Jersey, USA - APR 1, 2014
Pours a dark brown with thin light brown head. Has the strongest dark fruit aroma Iíve even encountered. Almost like a red wine. Has a strong sour cherry flavor, other dark fruits, and some malt aftertaste. Has lots of carbonation and finishes really dry.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 6/20
TheBeerSlayer (8) - vienna, West Virginia, USA - MAY 26, 2014 does not count
Like....I need someones help explaining this. I couldnt even try this beer because it exploded into foaminess so fast. I bought this beer cold, kept it cold in my fridge for a couple days, took it out and opened it and tried to pour it into a glass, and with just a few drops of beer, less than a shot of liquid, the entire glass foamed up hard and fast, and when someone tried to take a drink from the bottle a few minutes later it exploded into their face with the force of a mentos in a 2liter. I dont understand what happened. And you can rule out the obvious, i.e. shaking the beer or hot temps. Im so confused and saddened. over 7 dollars for 11 oz, and it was basically just a joke beer for a laugh. I would love to have been able to actually test this, but it was no fault of mine, I donít think, that cause the beer to be horrible.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
Spiesy (2338) - Sydney, Greater London, AUSTRALIA - MAY 10, 2003
Bottled. Crimson, deep mahogany with a light lacy head. Sour, sour and more sour. Twist of something else, not sure what. A new experience but not my style.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 6/20
Emil (6066) - Copenhagen, DENMARK - NOV 25, 2004
My wife loves this one but itīs not my style of beer. Dark red-brown color and a sour aroma with a jint of cherry. the taste is also light sour and with some cherry in there. Medium body and a long sour finish.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 7/20
jefcon (1400) - Arlington, Virginia, USA - DEC 20, 2004
Decent-looking, but thatís not the point here. The aromas of vinegar and even horseradish are strange and out of place. The finish is sickly sweet. I wondered if something had gone wrong with the bottle fermentation until I read other reviews. Maybe itís my unsophisticated palate, but I simply didnít like this "Flemish Sour Ale," and cannot vouch for the beer or the style. Sorry.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 7/20
michael-pollack (4960) - King of Prussia, Pennsylvania, USA - OCT 6, 2007
Draught: Sour aroma. Smells of schmegma, funk, and Limburger cheese. Poured ruby red/brown with a small tan head. Good lacing. Clear. Disgusting sour and tart flavor. Tastes of dark fruit, Limburger cheese, and mold. Medium to full body. Dry texture. Lively carbonation. Dry sour finish. Overall, YUCK!