overall
Serve in Snifter, Tulip, Tumbler

RATINGS: 2386   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.7   EST. CALORIES: 186   ABV: 6.2%

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
Mejs (115) - Poznań, POLAND - FEB 21, 2014
Absolutely great beer. Sour ales are a love or hate thing, and this one made me love them. Aroma is strong sour, vinegar with some fruits underneath it, mostly apples. Pours clear red with medium head. Very refreshing, very drinkable. Taste is fruity and sour, with some bitterness in the aftertaste, quite dry.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
OldPeculiar (11) - Stockholm, SWEDEN - AUG 7, 2014
Bottle, bought at a store in Brussels. Beautiful brown-red appearance. Solid, creamy head. Winey, sour nose. Sweet, flavorful taste. A lively, lovely beer, very well balanced.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
LuckyDog (363) - - AUG 27, 2014
I don’t get a chance to try a lot of sour beers. I tend to like them but this is off the charts great! Stop reading and drink this beer!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
kimcgolf (872) - Dacula, Georgia, USA - AUG 1, 2006
This was my first Flemish Sour, and it really grew on me. Poured to darlk brown with hints of red, and a thick tan head that lasted for the whole drink and left excellent lacing. The aroma was very funky, reminded me of those old Paz Easter Egg Coloring kits where you drop a colored tablet in pure vinegar. I was afraid of what I would be drinking next. To my great surprise, the taste was excellent. It was sour fruit, and at first caught me off guard, but I quickly adapted. Finish was dry, sour and warming. I bought this in a 4pack, and was concerned that I may have over-bought. Now, I know I will be heading back for more.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
Adverse2Bitter (35) - Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA - AUG 30, 2006
A well balanced top fermented Belgian ale. The blending of 8 and 18 mouth aged ale shows in the sweet flowery aroma . The taste of this beauty is equally refined. Sweets Fruits and spices seam to great the taste buds before wine like characteristics take over. The ale finishes well, and has a pleasant aftertaste of fresh spices. As a wine lover, I feel this is ale is the perfect gateway into the world of beers /ales for the uninitiated. Possibly my favorite Belgian

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
Augustijn55 (82) - Izegem, BELGIUM - SEP 8, 2006
Red-dark colour. A good Flanders red, however I found it a little too sweet and a little less tart than I prefer. This is a great looking brew though, with an excellent rocky head and nice lacing. The favorite of my father.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
stchloe (793) - Portland, Oregon, USA - AUG 19, 2014
Best beer of PIB ’14, an incredible smooth creamy malt body perfectly balances sour cherry flavor with a hint of alcohol flavor.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
wojciechianna (104) - Poznań, POLAND - SEP 14, 2014
Clear ruby beer with stable wite head. Aroma of wine, sour fruits and alcohol. Tastes of cherries and wine, it’s sour with long fruity aftertaste. Lively carbonation. Very good, noble beer.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
Syfher (113) - Brussels, BELGIUM - OCT 4, 2014
One of my favourite beers. Because of his maturation in oak casks, we got here a beer with great and complex aroma, with a little bit resin taste. For the appearance, we face à reddish-brown beer (as said in the description) but more than that, it’s like a very "brune kriek". I can’t really describe the palate and taste beacause of all the particularities of its. You must try one of our best "Vieille Brune des Flandres".

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
Lele (155) - Padova, ITALY - OCT 29, 2014
Birra veramente spettacolare. Ve lo dice uno che non apprezza particolarmente lo stile. ASPETTO: marrone scuro con toni rosso granata, quasi impenetrabile a bicchiere pieno, ma se si inclina, si vede un marrone che ricorda il whisky con tonalità granata. Schiuma un po’ fine e un po’ grossolana, poco abbondante e poco persistente, dal colore marroncino chiaro sempre con tonalità granata. AROMA: chiarissimi toni acetosi, barricati, che stimolano le ghiandole salivari. Si sentono bene anche toni vinosi, liquorosi e di frutta rossa, nonché un tocco di marzapane e crema pasticciera. GUSTO: complessissima, ma allo stesso tempo abbastanza facile da bere. Si avverte un acidulo gradevolissimo e di classe, che non stanca mai. Si sente anche l’acidulo dei frutti di bosco (soprattutto ribes e lamponi), bilanciato dal dolce cremoso e da toni vinosi. Il rischio di queste birre è che a lungo andare stanchino un po’. Questa invece no! Sapore forte e deciso, ogni sorso è un colpo, ma non stanca mai. Complessa e leggera allo stesso tempo, ripulisce stranamente la bocca abbastanza bene, con un lieve retrogusto dolciastro.