overall
Serve in Snifter, Tulip, Tumbler

RATINGS: 2334   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.7   EST. CALORIES: 186   ABV: 6.2%

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
OldPeculiar (11) - Stockholm, SWEDEN - AUG 7, 2014
Bottle, bought at a store in Brussels. Beautiful brown-red appearance. Solid, creamy head. Winey, sour nose. Sweet, flavorful taste. A lively, lovely beer, very well balanced.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
LuckyDog (139) - - AUG 27, 2014
I don’t get a chance to try a lot of sour beers. I tend to like them but this is off the charts great! Stop reading and drink this beer!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
kimcgolf (872) - Dacula, Georgia, USA - AUG 1, 2006
This was my first Flemish Sour, and it really grew on me. Poured to darlk brown with hints of red, and a thick tan head that lasted for the whole drink and left excellent lacing. The aroma was very funky, reminded me of those old Paz Easter Egg Coloring kits where you drop a colored tablet in pure vinegar. I was afraid of what I would be drinking next. To my great surprise, the taste was excellent. It was sour fruit, and at first caught me off guard, but I quickly adapted. Finish was dry, sour and warming. I bought this in a 4pack, and was concerned that I may have over-bought. Now, I know I will be heading back for more.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
Jerre (2680) - Waregem, BELGIUM - AUG 27, 2006
Deep, mahogany color. Fruity aroma. Huge flavor. A bit of maltiness. Strong tartness on the back of my tongue. Wonderful blend of flavors. Slight oakiness. Possibly a touch of barnyard but it tastes like lactic/pedio dominates the funk. Excellent beer!

Adverse2Bitter (35) - Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA - AUG 30, 2006
A well balanced top fermented Belgian ale. The blending of 8 and 18 mouth aged ale shows in the sweet flowery aroma . The taste of this beauty is equally refined. Sweets Fruits and spices seam to great the taste buds before wine like characteristics take over. The ale finishes well, and has a pleasant aftertaste of fresh spices. As a wine lover, I feel this is ale is the perfect gateway into the world of beers /ales for the uninitiated. Possibly my favorite Belgian

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
Augustijn55 (82) - Izegem, BELGIUM - SEP 8, 2006
Red-dark colour. A good Flanders red, however I found it a little too sweet and a little less tart than I prefer. This is a great looking brew though, with an excellent rocky head and nice lacing. The favorite of my father.

dmtroyer (431) - Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA - SEP 29, 2007
UPDATED: APR 24, 2008 RERATE: After trying this for a second time, I have confirmed that my first attempt was in fact a skunky bottle. That said, this is my first flemish sour, quite an experience! Nose is loads of sweet cherry, sweet apple and almonds. Moderate carbonation, lots of intriguing sweet malt and sour mash, almost strikes me as a very concentrated cider. Ever so slightly syrup character leaves a lingering nutty finish much like a good sherry, where the sour really shines. The finish really is the best part, it lasts for minutes and invites the next sip. An excellent beer.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
roder60 (1284) - Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA - NOV 8, 2007
UPDATED: JUN 22, 2008 Pours a clear dark mohageny color with a thin amount of fizzy offwhite head. Aroma is tart and burbony,dark cherries, and sour apple. Flavor is much smoother than I had imagined. A bit heavy on palate, silky and smooth, sweet rumminess and slight tartness. Balance is exceptional. Great beer.

stchloe (793) - Portland, Oregon, USA - AUG 19, 2014
Best beer of PIB ’14, an incredible smooth creamy malt body perfectly balances sour cherry flavor with a hint of alcohol flavor.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
wojciechianna (75) - Poznań, POLAND - SEP 14, 2014
Clear ruby beer with stable wite head. Aroma of wine, sour fruits and alcohol. Tastes of cherries and wine, it’s sour with long fruity aftertaste. Lively carbonation. Very good, noble beer.