overall

RATINGS: 2389   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.64   EST. CALORIES: 285   ABV: 9.5%
Enchanting and enlightening, this golden, frothy ale boasts an intriguing herbal aroma, warming alcohol esters on the tongue and light, but firm body to finish. Exotic spices add subtle notes to both the aroma and flavor. Strong, sensual and satisfying.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
y0cola (361) - fremont, California, USA - APR 2, 2004
Golden, translucent apple juice color with lots of sediment floating in the vody. I put v instead of b for body because of how vicious the alcohol kick is. Aroma is faint but I pick up apples and grapes. flavor is potent and of alcohol with tart and sweet endings.

BigSkyman007 (202) - USA - MAR 28, 2004
Finally tried this fine Victory beer. Cloudy, golden color. Starts off with an interesting ginger spice nose, then the body is quite interesting, with very noticeable flavors of banana, cotton candy, and a hint of caramelized sugar. Warms the body going down. A fine beer!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
SubstanceT (1092) - Saint Louis, Missouri, USA - MAR 28, 2004
I just dont get this one. Golden hazy and cloudy with a thin white head. Th nose is malty and sweet. the taste is sweet but one nasty kick of yeast and wheat. Overall, interesting but I just dont dig it.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
squiggs07 (2) - Massachusetts, USA - MAR 22, 2004 does not count
Suprisingly sweet fruity taste. Cloudy golden beer. Almost too sweet to have more than one

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
willblake (2654) - Bel Air, Maryland, USA - MAR 21, 2004
UPDATED: JUL 24, 2006 Pure gold, clouded, glowing; massive frothy head astounds, rivals Duvel in its own glass...okay, not quite. Aromas are everywhere and not at all subtle: apples, honey, banana, bubblegum, candied ginger, spiced black tea. I could linger over the aromas all day, but the awesome flavor is far too seductive. Sensual sweet, toasty malts that carry wonderful spiced fruit and floral flavors across the tongue on a creamy smooth, full palate. I had no idea before today how much I love this style of beer! Another great beer from a great company.

it ain’t what it used to be

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
SETANTA (582) - Bangor, Pennsylvania, USA - MAR 15, 2004
Subdued aroma, good lacing, nice spice: clove, butterscotch, banana and apple tones. Was almost too sweet.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
FROTHINGSLOSH (5311) - GREENSBURG, Pennsylvania, USA - MAR 15, 2004
UPDATED: AUG 21, 2011 I have been in love with this beer for some time now. As I have it more and more it becomes my beer of choice for I find it satisfying no matter what mood I am in. My beer fridge now never goes with out some of this fine beer. +++ Sampled from a 12 oz brown bottle with a funky label, this beer pours a dark golden color with a medium sized white head that quickly dissipates. It is cloudy and has floaters. Sweet and spicy scent. There is a light nutty flavor and a spicy aftertaste. The front end flavor is very strong and has a nice fruity element - almost pear and apricot. . This is a very nice American tripel. A true classic! Redone 8/2007 - the more recent batches of this beer have slipped in quality. There is more of a tangy off flavor and the alcohol has become more noticable. This used to be a 5.0 beer for me but has slipped in my esteem.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
Brewso (238) - Mt Kisco, New York, USA - MAR 14, 2004
I love this beer. The sweet malt and spices work very well together. I can see how the corrianderish spices might get in the way for some belgian purists but it works for me. I would really like to try this on tap.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
Lubiere (10840) - Ottawa, Ontario, CANADA - MAR 13, 2004
Intense yellow colour, with strawberries, lemon and yeast. Lactic, sweet tatste with fruit compote (apple jam and pears). medium body.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
haddon90 (1561) - Costa Mesa, California, USA - MAR 13, 2004
Cloudy golden color. Slim white head. Not like every other Belgian Beer I've had. Some wheat and honey in the aroma, as well as the taste. Overally, pretty decent. Bought this 12 oz bottle from Beers of the World in Rochester, NY.