overall

RATINGS: 2347   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.64   EST. CALORIES: 285   ABV: 9.5%
Enchanting and enlightening, this golden, frothy ale boasts an intriguing herbal aroma, warming alcohol esters on the tongue and light, but firm body to finish. Exotic spices add subtle notes to both the aroma and flavor. Strong, sensual and satisfying.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
desurfer (1231) - Melbourne, Florida, USA - JAN 4, 2004
UPDATED: FEB 28, 2005 Hazy gold body, foamy white head. Aroma of clove and spice. Tastes great, some banana and spice giving way to a sweet and dry finish. Deceptively drinkable! An excellent tripel.

beerhugger (542) - Oshawa, Ontario, CANADA - JAN 3, 2004
Golden as the name implies but a nice cloudy golden. Alcohol is noticeable but not a bad way. I like the fruitiness that comes out as it warms slightly - extremely enjoyable beer.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
ElGaucho (2253) - Minnetonka, Minnesota, USA - JAN 1, 2004
Fruity and wheaty aroma. Dark yellow, almost orange in color, not unlike a German hefe. Particles are visible in the murky body. Off-white head. Good visible carbonation and decent lace. Very flavorful and high in alcohol. Faithful to the style, this brew is Belgian through and through. Palate is beautiful. A very good, flavorful brew.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
Gromit (479) - Port Orchard, Washington, USA - DEC 24, 2003
I've heard such wonderful words about all things "Victory." This falls short, though. Pours a cloudy golden with very little head for the style and leaves minimal lacing. Tastes good; lots of fruits and such, just not exceptional. It's not as sweet as some I've tried lately, which I like. Drinkability is good because of the lack of sickening sweetness. This is a decent tripel indeed, but nothing special.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
whaleman (2178) - North Wales, Pennsylvania, USA - DEC 22, 2003
UPDATED: APR 5, 2006 Pale golden body with some haze. Biscuity aroma with pleasant floral and citrus esters and some musky, leathery yeast. Fairly sweet but tasty full fruity flavor with nice pungent spice and clove. Can get a little plastic, batch to batch. Pleasing fullness of texture and smooth palate. Nice carbonation keeps it clean and highly drinkable despite its strength. Good when its on (I tasted an unmistakably infected bottle once or twice - both 750s).

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
matta (1140) - Tampa, Florida, USA - DEC 20, 2003
Well this is the very last beer remaining from Jeremy’s shipment to me in early August, the guy is a great trader!
Pours a pale golden orange body with a soft lace of head. The aroma is slightly bitter…it’s yeasty, and spicy. Flavor is the apex of this Triple; large notes of coriander and orange peel, the an introduction to my spice garden: thyme, clove, cardamom, and a sweet pickling spice, somehow all strewn together to make a very delightful brew! Mostly the yeasty notes and the thyme stand out to me, but hey, I just call it like I taste it.
The palate is medium, rather fizzy and soft…. The finish is a chunk of fresh sourdough bread. Enjoyable brew!

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
Discofish (152) - USA - DEC 19, 2003
At first you taste the alcohol, then a sweet fruityness. It is not too sweet, but it isn't the type of thing I could drink one after another. Slightly yeasty finish.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 15/20
egajdzis (5435) - Spring Mount, Pennsylvania, USA - DEC 18, 2003
UPDATED: JUL 24, 2005 Bottled March 03... Poured a cloudy yellow orange color with hardly any head or lacing. Light fruits, oranges, apples, and some alcohol in the aroma. Spice, some honey, spice, some yeast all present in the taste. Very citrusy and only alittle alcoholic. I think I will enjoy this whole 750 by myself.
At 2 yrs old, the characteristics really haven’t changed much. Tastes sweeter, alcohol is still noticed.
At 5 yrs, wow, heres the change! Very fruity aroma, sweet taste, a tart citrus flavor develops. No alcohol. The taste struck me very similar to sweet tarts. Age this 4 - 5 years, I know I will.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 18/20
Appletart (10) - San Diego, California, USA - DEC 17, 2003
Don't you just love when your beer is the color of late afternoon sunshine? Well, I do. Basic fruity beer scent, spicy, and inviting. I'm suddenly craving pie, hmm, interesting. Dude, this beer rocks! Spicy, not sweet. Amazingly smooth & unoffensive for 9.5er. Cheap too. I'm always a sucker for a colorful, psychodelic bottle.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
DragonStout (1408) - Pickerington, Ohio, USA - DEC 14, 2003
Ahh another beautiful Victory.Poured a nice gold color with an aroma of fruits and spice.The alcohol was not hidden at all and warmed your mouth all the way down to my belly.I want more of this stuff.