overall

RATINGS: 2285   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.65   EST. CALORIES: 285   ABV: 9.5%
Enchanting and enlightening, this golden, frothy ale boasts an intriguing herbal aroma, warming alcohol esters on the tongue and light, but firm body to finish. Exotic spices add subtle notes to both the aroma and flavor. Strong, sensual and satisfying.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
YogiBeera (2435) - Hamburg, GERMANY - DEC 12, 2002
UPDATED: JUL 24, 2004 Oh Victory...lalalala, oh victory! Sour apricots, pomegranate aroma. Dusty golden orange color with a little layer of a head. Lively carbonation. Mixture of flavors springing back and forth between oranges, pomegranates, honey and apples. Nice and refreshing fruity finish. Oh Victory...I*m getting silly, I think I had to much beer the last month. My Rerate is not leading to another opinion though I believe now that this beer makes you punchy!!!!

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
Tom Servo (424) - Arlington, Virginia, USA - DEC 11, 2002
Very, very nice. A Belgian, but not one thatís overpowering. Has a firm body to it, which makes it a departure from other Belgians Iíve had. Hardly any head.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
Racegoer (351) - Indiana, Indiana, USA - DEC 10, 2002
Hello, wow this oneís aroma hits up quickly upon pouring it.Strong perfume spicy aroma, nice head.A blind tasting I would have immediately said Belgian, perfect style.Reminds me of La Fin Du Monde, except better, more tart, more complex.Superb flavours of bananas, tropical fruits, kiwi,with a unique spice, awesomely complex. My tongue is in total contentiment. I wish I could purchase Victory Beers where I live, this one was purchased at Binnyís in Chicago. yes I am glad I bought a 6 pack,only wish I would have had more room, but I did bring back almost 100 beers, 4 growlers, and 2 mini kegs. as I like to say Highly Recommended, Awesome, go get you some !

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
elnadeau (786) - Laguna Niguel, California, USA - DEC 10, 2002
Hail the golden monkey! I had just one bottle to savor and rewarded myself after a very long bike ride earlier that day - was totally exhausted and receptive to this wonderful írecoveryí drink. Wow, did I have colorful dreams that night; full of (you guessed it) golden monkees. The color and white floating sediment makes for a very interesting display. So it was bit sweet, like liquid candy, but I mean that in a good way. Overall very impressive.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
apoptosis (1317) - Denver, Colorado, USA - DEC 6, 2002
10/02: Iíve been trying really hard to like this beer, but I can barely bring it to my lips. It is just too heavy, and it tastes somewhat medicinal. The finish is reminiscent of Robitussin. It was worth a shot considering itís otherwise great ratings! 12/02: OK, well, initially I gave it a 2.6, but I kept drinking it because I really wanted to like it. Itís beginning to work. Iím getting accustomed to the strange sweetness, and maybe, just maybe...Iíll even say its quite good.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
freekyp (1473) - Thomasville, North Carolina, USA - NOV 29, 2002
UPDATED: SEP 30, 2007 Complex tropical fruity overtones. High alchohol content very present in flavor.Light golden color really conceals the waterfall of flavor contained within. A whack of clove and coriander and a hint of pear is present in the full aroma. A nice bitterness tempers the ample sweetness at the end of the swallow. Great, but heavy as well.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
raindog (560) - Evansville, Indiana, USA - NOV 29, 2002
UPDATED: FEB 4, 2003 Re-Rate of last years. Deep golden appearance with inch pillowy head. Aromas of mustard seed,coriander,spicy hops,&fruity yeast. Earthy,yeasty,flavors with a tangy hop finish.Little yeast in the finish as well.Probably has something to do with the many particles in the glass. Gets thicker as it warms and the yeast and alcohol flavors are intsensified.Decent example of a Belgian triple in US IMO.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 16/20
Jokes (1453) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - NOV 25, 2002
A clear, golden orange color with a white head producing decent lacing. The aroma is sweet and spicy, with a touch of yeast. One of the best triples Iíve had because none of the flavors are overpowering. A nice yeastiness, but not too much. There are certainly spices in this, but none are two strong. The flavors blend and mesh, creating a wonderful triple, perhaps my favorite so far. How can you not be impressed by Victory?

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
iwantalambic (1478) - St. Louis, Missouri, USA - NOV 25, 2002
Clear golden yellow. Warm apple pie with plenty of gooey icing. A perfect amount of chewy yeast mixes with a delicate pastry mouth feel. This is a great beer!

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
TChrome (1409) - Bedford, Texas, USA - NOV 15, 2002
Very impressive belgium brewed in Pennsylvania. Wonderful spicy, fruity kind of dry flavor. No sense of the almost 10% ABV other than a bit of burn when it hits the tummy. Excellent!!