overall

RATINGS: 2382   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.64   EST. CALORIES: 285   ABV: 9.5%
Enchanting and enlightening, this golden, frothy ale boasts an intriguing herbal aroma, warming alcohol esters on the tongue and light, but firm body to finish. Exotic spices add subtle notes to both the aroma and flavor. Strong, sensual and satisfying.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
daalamar (405) - new albany, Indiana, USA - DEC 17, 2002
Someone could really hurt themselves on this.Had on tap at aa local brewpub, cloudy golden yelloww color with a frothy white heat that lasted through every glass. Sweet fried banana and honey, flowery spices, oh and did I mention banana? Flavor was delicate and soft yet overwhelming at the same time. Soft banana and snappy spice, warm alcohol and sweet honey. Taste keeps going for eternity. This beer is incredible.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
DaSilky1 (2606) - San Diego, California, USA - DEC 16, 2002
UPDATED: JAN 29, 2004 I've had this rated at 2.3 for the last year or so because i repeatedly got infected and soured bottles and it was disgusting...but since i've been buying the 750ml bottles, i havent had any problems...and when this beer is in good condition, it is superb in every way. the aroma is amazingly fruity with a mysterious brett character though im not too sure theres any brett in there...the yeasty flavors blend perfectly with the spices and the mandarine orange fruitiness glows...Its very very very similar to beatrix actually.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
MikeF (538) - Cleveland, Ohio, USA - DEC 16, 2002
Where to start... This beer is one of the most flavorful Belgians I have ever tried. The honey sets it apart. To me, it has the perfect level of carbonation and a very impressive head. Try it!

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
Drew (2411) - Kent, Ohio, USA - DEC 15, 2002
Poured hazy golden - I expected more yeast. Big fluffy head and good lacing. Spices are there - not peppery, more soft, and perfumes. Everything was well balanced, but the alcohol was a little too apparent. Thanks Jsquire!

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
PTomkinson (50) - Virginia, USA - DEC 13, 2002
Perfect golden straw appearance with stylistically appropriate large head. Sweet, spicy, fruity (apples, pears, something citrusy) flavor. Slighty tart; more than expected. 9.5% abv well hidden. Too bad I have to drive 150 mi to find this beer.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 16/20
pivo (2622) - GERMANY - DEC 13, 2002
Fruit, apricots in the nose - pleasant. Hazy pale gold/orange color and fizzy, fluffy head. Honey and apple tastes with a tart finish. Medium body and a refined balance of complex flavors.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
TAR (2518) - Lafayette, Colorado, USA - DEC 12, 2002
UPDATED: OCT 27, 2008 Hazy straw appearance with sand-like yeast particles and nice head retention. The aroma mainly consists of perfume, spice (pepper), metal, grass, and phenolic characteristics. Tropical fruitiness and spicy alcohol are in the forefront. Finishes doughy with unclean yeast. Way too ordinary, simple, and dull.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
YogiBeera (2534) - New Jersey, USA - DEC 12, 2002
UPDATED: JUL 24, 2004 Oh Victory...lalalala, oh victory! Sour apricots, pomegranate aroma. Dusty golden orange color with a little layer of a head. Lively carbonation. Mixture of flavors springing back and forth between oranges, pomegranates, honey and apples. Nice and refreshing fruity finish. Oh Victory...I*m getting silly, I think I had to much beer the last month. My Rerate is not leading to another opinion though I believe now that this beer makes you punchy!!!!

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
Tom Servo (424) - Arlington, Virginia, USA - DEC 11, 2002
Very, very nice. A Belgian, but not one that’s overpowering. Has a firm body to it, which makes it a departure from other Belgians I’ve had. Hardly any head.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
Racegoer (353) - Indiana, Indiana, USA - DEC 10, 2002
Hello, wow this one’s aroma hits up quickly upon pouring it.Strong perfume spicy aroma, nice head.A blind tasting I would have immediately said Belgian, perfect style.Reminds me of La Fin Du Monde, except better, more tart, more complex.Superb flavours of bananas, tropical fruits, kiwi,with a unique spice, awesomely complex. My tongue is in total contentiment. I wish I could purchase Victory Beers where I live, this one was purchased at Binny’s in Chicago. yes I am glad I bought a 6 pack,only wish I would have had more room, but I did bring back almost 100 beers, 4 growlers, and 2 mini kegs. as I like to say Highly Recommended, Awesome, go get you some !