overall

RATINGS: 28   MEAN: 3.74/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.56   SEASONAL: Winter   EST. CALORIES: 156   ABV: 5.2%
A draught only offering from Victory - part of their series of Varietal Pilsners: unfiltered draught pilsners made with a single hop variety. In this case, its Hallertauer.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
egajdzis (5336) - Spring Mount, Pennsylvania, USA - FEB 27, 2005
Poured a cloudy, light yellow color with a small, white head, that left light lacing on the glass. Aroma of bread, and grass and lemon hoppiness. Taste was rather sweet, more lemon (I think from the hops) and bread, more citrus, and a dry finish. A nice, crisp, and dry pilsener.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
DocLock (7861) - Lower Pottsgrove, Pennsylvania, USA - FEB 23, 2005
Draft at Victory. Slight hazy gold pour with aroma and taste of hops, malt, some citrus. This one is very hoppy, with a semi-dry finish. I still prefer the Prima, but this one is very good also. I really hope Victory makes more styles this year. I’d love to see Oak barrel Storm King and Oaked St. Victorious.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
WISEGUY572 (1373) - Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA - FEB 13, 2005
I had the 2004 draft at Victory. I love their Prima Pils and had high hopes for this one, but was somewhat disappointed. Cloudy yeasty gold — I have always thought of lagers and pilsners as crystal clear. Taste has the salty finish of a prima or other pilsner, but lacked the complexity and the full awesome hopiness of their Prima. I would be interested in trying it again, but I did not love it.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
RAUCHFEST (122) - PROSPECT PARK, Pennsylvania, USA - SEP 2, 2002
awsome keller beer

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
obxdude10 (2043) - Limerick, Pennsylvania, USA - MAR 9, 2002
Watery, not much body to the brew at all, like their other Pils much, much better

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
Todd (20) - Palm Bay, Pennsylvania, USA - DEC 12, 2001
Definitely not Victory’s best or one of the best pilseners, but ok. But then again, I’m not a big pilsener fan, so take my opinion with a grain of salt....

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
aledrinkerLS (101) - New Brunswick, USA - NOV 28, 2001
Mouthpuckering hoppy. Noticed a hint of sulfur in the flavor. Good beer, but I prefer the Prima Pils.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
PhillyBeer2112 (2525) - Oviedo, Florida, USA - JUL 27, 2001
Fan-freakin-tastic. I’ve never had such a hoppy pils and its just a wonderful thing. The aroma is herbal/spicy/grassy and just full of Hallertauer aroma - and what a fine hop it is. The beer isn’t real bitter though: it has a nice round malt base, and a generally sweet profile, complemented with a good dose of hop flavor (similar notes as in the aroma). Light yellow gold with a bit of a chill haze, good foamy head and long lingering lace. I loved it so much I brought some home in one of their big German-style 68oz growlers.