overall

RATINGS: 719   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.52   EST. CALORIES: 156   ABV: 5.2%
The pure water we receive from the East Branch of the Brandywine Creek that begins its journey to us just under 14 miles from where we brew with it. We’ll be celebrating this water (insert your lite beer joke here) with our anniversary beer, Headwaters Pale Ale, due to be released February 15, 2011. Now, considering that beer is the product of four simple ingredients and the three other than water rely on water for their existence, we’ve had a fair amount of latitude in paying homage to water in our beer. So, we’ve played all of our cards deftly, bringing the hops, malt and yeast in harmony, with our great local water as the conductor in Headwaters Pale Ale.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Robbievegas (230) - Las vegas, Nevada, USA - OCT 15, 2012
Tried this beer on tap at the GABF in Denver, CO 2012. Smooth with a nice hoppiness and a clean crisp finish. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
nittanytide (225) - Pennsylvania, USA - AUG 3, 2011
Poured golden in color with a half finger, white head. Aroma is floral, biscuity. Taste is rather plain, but not bland. Bread and grass dominated the tasting. I could see this complementing a variety of summer foods.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
BazookaJoe (224) - Washington, Washington DC, USA - OCT 23, 2011
A nice crisp refreshing pale ale with lots of flavor. A good beer when it’s way too hot for hop devil.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 20/20
beerlover82 (220) - Gettysburg, Pennsylvania, USA - APR 3, 2011
Light,clear orange, with a nice half-inch of fluffy white head.Lacing is rather minimal. Sweet citrus,floral hops, combined with nice sweet malt backbone. Wow,very inviting. I love this very pleasant aroma,nice citrusy hops are there right in your nose,with the steady level of malt sweetness. Yes. Upon sip,what I experience in the nose is pleasantly repeated on the tongue. Good bitter citrus hops,yet very restrained, which is appropriate for a pale ale. Sweet caramel malts. Good medium body,with average carbonation,not too much,just the right amount of it. Yet another winner from Victory,they never cease to amaze me, and always fail to dissapoint me.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
TOSG55 (219) - Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA - JAN 9, 2012
Bottle. Pours amber-gold with a medium white head. Aroma of hops, and a bit of fruit (apple?). The flavor is surprisingly hoppy for a pale ale, quite reminiscent of the excellent Three Floyds Alpha King. The finish has faint bready and metallic notes that mar the beer slightly, but it’s still a first-rate pale ale.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
Photog (215) - Camillus, New York, USA - APR 23, 2011
My favorite at victory! This was a nice copper color. Aroma was herbal and earthy hops, light caramel malt. Tasted of herbs and citrus, medium sweetness and bitterness. the Biterness lasts a bit. Really enjoyed this one, solid pale ale.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
shonobiwan (212) - Sound Beach, New York, USA - MAR 16, 2012
Long Island, NY - 12 oz bottle poured a wonderful slightly hazy golden color with moderate head an very nice lacing. Aroma was of pine, slight citrus and hops. As a witbier lover I have slowly been easing myself into hoppier brews. Victory is usually solid and so was this brew. By FAR the best pale ale I've ever had. Taste was completely balanced with hops and malt and a slight tang. Yes, I want more! ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
BeeriedEyed (211) - USA - APR 19, 2011
Good American pale ale. I like pale ales alot and this one is not weak but it also doesn’t go above and beyond. With that said this is an excellent pale ale, if this was more redaly available I would buy this beer instead of sierra neveda.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 12/20
Hartung32 (206) - Indiana, USA - FEB 12, 2013
Another good Victory beer. This isn't one I'd buy on its own though(got it in a sampler). Good and smooth with a hoppy bite, but there's a sourness I don't quite like. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 13/20
davidajensen (206) - Nashville, Tennessee, USA - MAR 16, 2013
I really like the aroma and the appearance of this beer. The beer smells of a damp forest. The lacing is off white, sticky and the head is rich. The beer falls flat on the palate. It falls flat and leaves a dull bitter taste. I bit of a disappointment.