overall

RATINGS: 746   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.52   EST. CALORIES: 156   ABV: 5.2%
The pure water we receive from the East Branch of the Brandywine Creek that begins its journey to us just under 14 miles from where we brew with it. We’ll be celebrating this water (insert your lite beer joke here) with our anniversary beer, Headwaters Pale Ale, due to be released February 15, 2011. Now, considering that beer is the product of four simple ingredients and the three other than water rely on water for their existence, we’ve had a fair amount of latitude in paying homage to water in our beer. So, we’ve played all of our cards deftly, bringing the hops, malt and yeast in harmony, with our great local water as the conductor in Headwaters Pale Ale.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
Photog (215) - Camillus, New York, USA - APR 23, 2011
My favorite at victory! This was a nice copper color. Aroma was herbal and earthy hops, light caramel malt. Tasted of herbs and citrus, medium sweetness and bitterness. the Biterness lasts a bit. Really enjoyed this one, solid pale ale.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
shonobiwan (213) - Sound Beach, New York, USA - MAR 16, 2012
Long Island, NY - 12 oz bottle poured a wonderful slightly hazy golden color with moderate head an very nice lacing. Aroma was of pine, slight citrus and hops. As a witbier lover I have slowly been easing myself into hoppier brews. Victory is usually solid and so was this brew. By FAR the best pale ale I've ever had. Taste was completely balanced with hops and malt and a slight tang. Yes, I want more! ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
BeeriedEyed (211) - USA - APR 19, 2011
Good American pale ale. I like pale ales alot and this one is not weak but it also doesn’t go above and beyond. With that said this is an excellent pale ale, if this was more redaly available I would buy this beer instead of sierra neveda.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 13/20
davidajensen (206) - Nashville, Tennessee, USA - MAR 16, 2013
I really like the aroma and the appearance of this beer. The beer smells of a damp forest. The lacing is off white, sticky and the head is rich. The beer falls flat on the palate. It falls flat and leaves a dull bitter taste. I bit of a disappointment.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
BlackWarrior (203) - Spartanburg, South Carolina, USA - JUL 17, 2011
12Oz. Bottle - best by Oct 18,2011: With a thick, foamy, off-white head this pours a nice copper color. Definite pine notes up front w/ citrus and some spice; not much malt. Nice rounded mouthfeel, on the lighter side of medium in body, crisp/light carbonation. Very nice, but a little watery near the finish. First taste was full of hops. This mellows on drinking, with lingering bitterness leaving me wanting another sip. Biscuit malts balance the hops. Excellent APA, in my opinion and another great beer from Victory.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
c0fein (201) - Helsinki, FINLAND - OCT 28, 2013
355ml bottle @ home. Ordered from Ales By Mail. Fourth beer from Victory. Great body and nice colour, fruity aroma. Delicious pale ale!

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
RyanK (200) - Rhode Island, USA - MAR 23, 2012
Pours a murky amber with a white foamy head that is slow to dissipate. Smells strongly of cascade hops (grassy) as well as orange and biscuit. Until reading reviews of this I didn’t notice the taste of orange but pouring this in a glass I get more of that and the biscuit taste for the malt. Usually I drink this from the bottle and notice how its probably one of the most hoppy pale ales out their. Gives it more character than other Pale ales and makes an interesting and easily drinkable brew. Delicious

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
Tortman18 (188) - Batavia, Illinois, USA - MAY 11, 2013
Pours a clear golden with a Small white head. Decent lacing. Slight carbonation. Aroma is very sweet and hoppy. Floral and citrus mainly grapefruit and orange peel. A decent yeast presence. Mouth is very bitter and hoppy. Yeast is strong up front. The citrus hops are present, but a pine/resinous quality takes over here.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
themightyjag (187) - - JUN 24, 2014
330ml bottle from Brewdog shop. Small bubbly white head, some lacing. Clear amber body. Not much on the nose, grass, a little citrus. Flavour is grass, caramel, a hint of berries. Bitter finish. Light carbonation, decent mouthfeel. Not blown away by this one.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
Slubgob (184) - West Hartford, USA - APR 28, 2012
UPDATED: JUN 20, 2012 20 oz mug pour off tap. golden copper in the glass, scant head. Hoppy nose. Assertive hops on the tongue balanced with a good malt backbone. Hops become more prominent on the finish but not IPAish. Nicely balanced and drinkable.