overall

RATINGS: 785   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.52   EST. CALORIES: 156   ABV: 5.2%
The pure water we receive from the East Branch of the Brandywine Creek that begins its journey to us just under 14 miles from where we brew with it. We’ll be celebrating this water (insert your lite beer joke here) with our anniversary beer, Headwaters Pale Ale, due to be released February 15, 2011. Now, considering that beer is the product of four simple ingredients and the three other than water rely on water for their existence, we’ve had a fair amount of latitude in paying homage to water in our beer. So, we’ve played all of our cards deftly, bringing the hops, malt and yeast in harmony, with our great local water as the conductor in Headwaters Pale Ale.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
BeeriedEyed (211) - USA - APR 19, 2011
Good American pale ale. I like pale ales alot and this one is not weak but it also doesn’t go above and beyond. With that said this is an excellent pale ale, if this was more redaly available I would buy this beer instead of sierra neveda.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
leah2974 (453) - Georgia, USA - JAN 29, 2012
Creamy, sweet but with a crisp, dry finish. Hoppy finish. Only slightly bitter at the end.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
PhillyCraft (3580) - Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA - MAY 25, 2012
On tap at Geraghtys for Victory meet the brewer.When fresh, this pale ale is tough to top. Pours a hazy orange, with medium head that dissipates quickly. Aromas and taste are filled with marshmallow, vanilla, light pine, and other citrus. Perfect amount of malt in the back end. My favorite beer from Victory, pure session brew.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
mattern33 (99) - Pennsylvania, USA - JAN 6, 2013
GREAT hoppy aroma, light/medium color. Great taste and easy on palate. Overall a well balanced ale. Recommended

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
Lemke10 (848) - Waukesha, Wisconsin, USA - JAN 24, 2013
Pours a semi-clear copper color with a slight head but not much of one leaving a little lacing in the middle of the glass. the scent smells great with its bitter hops and blend of grains and malts. The taste isn’t anything new but it is great. It has just the right volume to it as well as flavors. There’s just enough hops to make the beer great without going too far overboard. Some nice citrus and wheat hints as well. A very well made beer that I definitely suggest trying!

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
Bryan313 (1) - - JUN 23, 2013 does not count
This is an excellent American pale ale. It has a clean pour with good color and head. The taste is likewise clean and crisp, with faint notes of citrus. I find it to be an excellent beer to pair with fish and shellfish dishes as well as pasta entrees.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
Cybercat (3680) - Georgia, USA - JUL 25, 2011
Pours a beautiful dark amber with a pale tan head that has just a tinge of golden amber. Aroma is rather hoppy, almost more like an IPA than a regular ale, with a malty underpinning and a hint of citrus. Rich flavor has a nice balance of malt and hops with grassy, fruity and honey hints. This ale is very drinkable! Texture is smooth and quite pleasantly fizzy. Recommended.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
hesscabob (9) - - MAR 7, 2012 does not count
A game-changer due to the clean, hoppy taste that Victory presents. Different than the usual in your face Victory tastes, but a good different. An organic take on an IPA. GREAT.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
KUEric (886) - Washington, Washington DC, USA - DEC 8, 2012
Holy flowers batman! I can’t say that I’ve ever tasted a beer quite this floral. The flavor is sweet, floral and hoppy, but not in a bitter way, not in an overpowering way, an absolutely amazingly delicious way. Flavor is a 10 (there is also some citrus), I give it a 10, I still got wood (Varsity Blues reference a decade later is fine).

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
Alextricity (509) - Michigan, USA - MAR 20, 2013
Says to drink by June 23 2013, so I figure this is beer’s likely not more than a couple months old. Poured into a Samuel Adams "Perfect Pint" glass. Appearance: Almost crystal clear with a very slight haze; orange in color. There’s about a two finger head after the pour, but it isn’t long before it’s just a film on top. Lacing is pretty spotty from top to bottom. Smell: I first thought it really smelled like woman’s shampoo with spices in it. That sounds odd, but it really did -- and not in a bad way at all. It smells great. As it warms up a tad, I find that it smells a lot more like a quality pale ale with a valiant blend of hops and malt. Probably the high light of this beer. Taste/feel: Sweetness with the hops up front, that develops into more hops... and then more hops... and then finishes with the bitterness, with the flavor of caramel malts coming in to balance the hops. It’s odd to me, because the hops seem sweet, and the malts seem bitter. Hey, I’m not complaining. The Citra (I believe they’re Citra) hops, as usual, provide a very juicy quality to this beer, and the slight malty and spicy aftertaste on this beer makes it all the more satisfying. This is a great pale ale that has the bitterness of an IPA, but more overall qualities of an APA. Definitely a tasty pale ale worth seeking out. For the best flavor, I say take it out of the fridge five minutes before drinking it -- it’s when it’s at its best, I think.