RATINGS: 3116   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.78   EST. CALORIES: 201   ABV: 6.7%
Bold, spicy and menacingly delicious, this American-hopped India Pale Ale offers an aromatic punch and then follows through with a lasting, full-bodied finish.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
civforprez (229) - Galesburg, Illinois, USA - MAY 4, 2004
UPDATED: AUG 11, 2004 Small but lasting head. Aroma of hops, and dry. Taste is fry and hoppy, with hints of caramel and maybe peach. Palate is strong, almost kicking you in the mouth. I thoroughly enjoyed this beer each time I have had it. I had it again, recently, and decided there is no other beer I have ever had as well balanced as HopDevil.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
sfontain (846) - Columbus, Ohio, USA - MAY 1, 2004
Pours a nice brownish ruby color with a thin, off-white head. Hoppy, citrusy aroma. Flavor has a fair bit of malty sweetness up front, with extremely earthy hops through the finish. Lingers on the tongue for a very long time. I thought the hops would be ridiculously overpowering, and, while they are quite strong, they do not make this beer unpalatable. For a quality IPA, this stuff is very good because of the hoppiness. I just like flavors other than hops in my beer.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 20/20
Sammy (9823) - Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - APR 30, 2004
UPDATED: AUG 11, 2007 A redish colour with a retaining head. Pleasant aroma, great choice late afternoon and before dinner as so tasty and inetresting on its own. A wake up call to the senses from the hops. Very popular with my mates. We all will have it again. Will tingle and numb the tongue. Had on tap but not as good as fresh bottle.

biznizness (1140) - Charlotte, North Carolina, USA - APR 26, 2004
UPDATED: JAN 26, 2006 This is just an awesome IPA. Seems obivous, but if you like hops, this is your beer. Nice color and aroma too, but the taste is off the charts. I think I like this a little more than even the DFH 90 minute. UPDATED 01/26/06: Just kidding, 90 Min is my fav. I may even prefer Victory’s own Hop Wallop to this beer.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
Eirikur (378) - hafnarfjordur, ICELAND - APR 25, 2004
Deep but bright Amber colour, Its hoppy of course, I just cant get the hang of that Hops combo, its well malted aswell. Nice to have one of now and again.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
phiconners (149) - Massachusetts, USA - APR 24, 2004
Strong hops aroma and flavor, with a sweet and fruity aftertaste. Victory shows its skill with this very nice IPA.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 11/20
HubCitySkin (2) - Hub-City, New Jersey, USA - APR 22, 2004 does not count
Beuatiful amber-colored ale, rich in hops which adds some wonderful flavor. I'm a big fan of hoppy beers, and IPAs in particular, so this one was a breath of fresh air when my local bar was stocking it. If you don't like hops, avoid this one. If you do, seek it out and revel.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
haukur (1474) - Reykjavik, ICELAND - APR 21, 2004
citrusy and a very hoppy aroma. Taste is more bitter then I expected, but gets very interesting as its worms up. The hops arent as aggresive as a thought, but very well balanced. Some acid, hints of peaches with a dry bitter finish.. this is a very nice brew, but maybe not my favorite style, but a very balanced, well made beer none of the less.....

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
Kalli (502) - Falun, SWEDEN - APR 20, 2004
Malt and hops team up for a surprisingly sweet, citrusy aroma. Still, there's some more fruit there that I'm not sure of. A heavy copper transparent with a fair head, tan in colour, that leaves a bit of lacing. After the nice aroma and all the anticipation, the flavour feels a bit of a let down. The bitterness is not particularly heady, nor soaring, but more masked by the malts than I'd have expected. It starts of with a hint of citrusy hoppy freshness, quickly leading to fearly heavy peachy sweetness. Then, thin citrusy notes re-appear, with a dry aftertaste of some bitterness. The body is perhaps too big for the flavour and although this is not the best IPA I've had, it is still an interesting one and a nice brew.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
kwoeltje (2233) - Manchester, Missouri, USA - APR 20, 2004
(bottle) copper colored with small white head. Hops aroma. Pine and citrus hops flavor supported by a solid malt backbone.