overall

RATINGS: 2907   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.79   EST. CALORIES: 201   ABV: 6.7%
Bold, spicy and menacingly delicious, this American-hopped India Pale Ale offers an aromatic punch and then follows through with a lasting, full-bodied finish.

KURTO99 (18) - wexford, Pennsylvania, USA - APR 6, 2003
This is it for me. My all-time favorite beer. I never get tired of it. Great color. Wonderful hop nose. Tremendous balance. Simply world class.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
Kasteelfreak (341) - Fallbrook, California, USA - APR 5, 2003
UPDATED: JUL 31, 2005 Didn’t mean to rate this so high, but if you rate it by the categories above, it is a winner. Almost Belgian-like, but with more hops. Really well balanced. Amber golden brown, fresh tasting, with a creamy finish. The more I drink, the better it gets Rerate 073105: Unlike the new version of Storm King, this is just as good as it used to be. Sweet double IPA like nose, taste and mouthfeel, but without the overly hopped bite. Creamy and smooth. A little syrupy with lots of crystal malt Very nice.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
winterlager (101) - Orchard Park, New York, USA - APR 5, 2003
Smells so good when you first pour it and the first taste is great. Smooth refreshing taste...nice bitterness with a sweet citrus twist as well.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
Frank (2728) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - APR 4, 2003
Slightly hazy amber. Diminishing head. Spotty lace. Aroma, as expected, is hoppy as all fuck. Strong grapefruit/citrus notes. Full mouthfeel punctuated by soft carbonation. I was pleasantly surprised there's enough malt here to survive the onslaught of hops. More citrus than pine, which is a good thing in my book. A straightforward and impressive American IPA.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
TheBeerGod (5165) - Newport News, Virginia, USA - MAR 31, 2003
This was good. Much better than I would have thought. My bottle released a beautiful amber brown with a fluffy tan head. The immediate aroma is full of hops but other scents emerge as well like iced tea, caramel, syrup, and peaches. The taste is hoppy but very smooth. Feels non astringent in the mouth and didn't leave a soapy aftertaste. Recommended.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
jjw2000 (72) - USA - MAR 28, 2003
UPDATED: APR 22, 2003 The hop aroma and bite distinguish the beer. Very drinkable in fair/substantial quantities despite the strong flavor.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
LiebeBier (808) - Annapolis, Maryland, USA - MAR 24, 2003
UPDATED: APR 4, 2003 Re-Rate: Draft at Victory Brewing . On draft and fresh, this beer is phenominal. Hops! Hops! Hops! Old Rating: Bottle - This is the perfect style IPA for me. It's a great looking beer with tall white head. You can smell the hops on each drink, but they do not overwhelm the flavor of the beer. The beer is very drinkably bitter unlike so many other IPA's. Top Notch, Top Notch. AR -7, App - 5, FL - 9, PAL - 4, OV -17

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
DrGonzo (625) - Somerville, Massachusetts, USA - MAR 22, 2003
UPDATED: MAR 2, 2004 Holy hops. Perhaps my favorite IPA, at least to drink on a regular basis. Great in bottles and on tap. RERATE: I didn't lower the rating too much, and this still remains one of my favorites all around, it just isn't quite as good as I once thought. The hop syrup feel is oh so smooth, given that it tastes like pinecones. Relatively full bodied. Bitter aftertaste, somewhat sticky, finish is more on the malt side. I think I figured that since I rated this early on in my ratebeer days that it wasn't as hoppy as I thought, but upon returning to this wonder, but nope, it really has got tons of hops. Lovely beer.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
AustinMilbarge (681) - Denver, Colorado, USA - MAR 12, 2003
I get excited and start salivating when I hear about this stuff. It has just the right amount of hops. It's refreshing as well. It makes me sad when I realize that stuff from this brewery isn't available out here in CO.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
dinojrbtom (1) - Richboro, Pennsylvania, USA - MAR 11, 2003 does not count
Possibly the best beer I've ever had. I always have a keg on tap at home.