overall

RATINGS: 3061   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.79   EST. CALORIES: 201   ABV: 6.7%
Bold, spicy and menacingly delicious, this American-hopped India Pale Ale offers an aromatic punch and then follows through with a lasting, full-bodied finish.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
pjk33 (390) - Sligo - Curllsville Heights, Pennsylvania, USA - DEC 15, 2003
UPDATED: DEC 29, 2003 This is a deep amber colored beer with a few more spice notes than most IPA's that I enjoy. More body than most as well with that wonderful hoppy bite that all good ones have. It finishes well, but does not have an incredibly long finish. Good bitterness with a surprising sweetness on the back of your tongue... I can't place the flavor... maybe 5 or 6 more will help me pinpoint it. A good solid beer from what has proven to me so far to be a solid brewery.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
drismyhero (815) - Tacoma, Washington, USA - DEC 13, 2003
My experience with IPAs is fairly broad, but the hops used in this beer seemed particularly unique - spicy, as the description says. Very tasty, I must send credit where credit is due, and the hop selection here is simply fantastic. Very tasty and the bitterness (although definitely prominent while cold) does nothing to detract from the flavor. Great balance here, almost like a grassy vanilla bean with a wonderfully smooth mouthfeel. Great IPA.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
rudolf (2342) - Buffalo, New York, USA - DEC 12, 2003
Light copper color. Very nice thick head. The smell makes me want to dive in. Hops and grapefruit dominate the nose. The first sip is heaven. Grapefruit and hops continue in the flavor but are joined by grass and sweet, sweet malt. This has been one of my favorites since I first had it a few years ago. It'll always put a smile on my face.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
tsarman (794) - Northern, New Jersey, USA - DEC 12, 2003
Orangy amber color. The bottle, as are all Victory's, is amazing. Fruity aroma and flavor, though I found this one a little tough to drink overall. Hard to finish the whole bottle.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
Jedsbrew (465) - Rhineland, Missouri, USA - DEC 11, 2003
Orange amber color with a moderate head and good lacing. Fine spicy fruity aroma predominantly citrus, with orange, lemon and grapefruit, and some apple, pear and alcohol notes. Upfront, fullbodied and semisweet with a surprising maltiness considering all the hops, it definitely got my attention. Long bittersweet finish. Heady stuff, although I thought Two Hearted seemed more tangy and lively on the tongue.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
beerguy717 (20) - , Pennsylvania, USA - DEC 11, 2003
Bitter, dry hoppiness needed better balance but otherwise an excellent brew.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
SirTom (89) - Atlanta, Georgia, USA - DEC 5, 2003
Fantastic! * Had this at a beer club meeting with many other beers, hence I don't remember all my comments - only the ratings which I wrote down at the time.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
GEOBRAU (188) - Mesa, Arizona, USA - NOV 30, 2003
UPDATED: SEP 2, 2004 Bottle: Orange hue, awesome citrus malty aroma. Lacing clung to the glass even though the bottle was one month from being out of the freshness window. (gotta love IPA!) Huge sweet malty flavor backed up with huge citrus hop notes without either one being over the top. High IBU's without being overly bitter. BEERS LIKE THIS ARE WHY I DRINK AND BREW BEER! A wonderful beer. Thanks to Austinpowers for hooking me up.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
ukoolaid (576) - Amherst, Massachusetts, USA - NOV 26, 2003
UPDATED: NOV 27, 2003 On tap. Light amber color with a white head. I liked the haziness. Aroma is citrus/fruit. Taste is hoppy as a mofo. Dry and bitter. I like it.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
CapFlu (4725) - Victoria, British Columbia, CANADA - NOV 25, 2003
(Draught) Pours a medium white head and an amber body. High cascade hop nose and flavour. Bitter finish. Good.