overall

RATINGS: 2940   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.79   EST. CALORIES: 201   ABV: 6.7%
Bold, spicy and menacingly delicious, this American-hopped India Pale Ale offers an aromatic punch and then follows through with a lasting, full-bodied finish.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
DrGonzo (625) - Somerville, Massachusetts, USA - MAR 22, 2003
UPDATED: MAR 2, 2004 Holy hops. Perhaps my favorite IPA, at least to drink on a regular basis. Great in bottles and on tap. RERATE: I didn't lower the rating too much, and this still remains one of my favorites all around, it just isn't quite as good as I once thought. The hop syrup feel is oh so smooth, given that it tastes like pinecones. Relatively full bodied. Bitter aftertaste, somewhat sticky, finish is more on the malt side. I think I figured that since I rated this early on in my ratebeer days that it wasn't as hoppy as I thought, but upon returning to this wonder, but nope, it really has got tons of hops. Lovely beer.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
AustinMilbarge (681) - Denver, Colorado, USA - MAR 12, 2003
I get excited and start salivating when I hear about this stuff. It has just the right amount of hops. It's refreshing as well. It makes me sad when I realize that stuff from this brewery isn't available out here in CO.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
dinojrbtom (1) - Richboro, Pennsylvania, USA - MAR 11, 2003 does not count
Possibly the best beer I've ever had. I always have a keg on tap at home.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
Vac (2445) - San Diego, California, USA - MAR 11, 2003
Pours with a beautiful amber body topped by a medium thick off white lasting head taht leaves lots of lace on the glass. Sweet and citrusy (lemon) hop aroma with some grassy note. Sweet and citrusy (lemon) hop flavor with strong bitter notes and a bitter finish. Medium bodied and slightly dry.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
WabashMan (1012) - Noblesville, Indiana, USA - MAR 10, 2003
UPDATED: SEP 5, 2003 A very nice medium copper color and good off white/tannish head start this brew. Aroma is hoppy and slightly sweet...really quite nice. Flavor is, again, mostly hops, but the brew isn't overpoweringly bitter. Rather, the hops make it a little crisp, but unfortunately the beauty of the flavor last only a short time on the tongue. A very good IPA, but a fuller, richer experience would have made it better.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
JMerritt (1802) - Macomb, Illinois, USA - MAR 8, 2003
Sampled at the Peoria International Beer Festival. I think this was my favorite of the night. Everything I expect in an IPA, and a must-have for hop heads.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
JasonG (776) - Salt Lake City, Utah, USA - MAR 5, 2003
I tend not to be a huge IPA fan, but this was a great beer. Pours with just a bit of white head, a cloudy yellowish color. Aroma is citrusy, and of course hoppy, but not overpowering. Flavor has citrus and floral notes, with hops throughout, but very well balanced, with a subtle but nice bitterness in the finish. I was pleasantly surprised at how smooth and well balanced this IPA was.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
GearHead (32) - Woodridge, Illinois, USA - MAR 5, 2003
Hoppy goodness. Great hop smell and flavor. A good body slam for the tongue. Sweet yet bitter. Another great Victory beer.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
aobecksy (700) - Middle of no where, Ohio, USA - MAR 4, 2003
Amber color; hoppy aroma; little head; grapefruit taste tempers spiciness Pleasing maltiness, long hoppy finish.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
Aurelius (4178) - Tallahassee, Florida, USA - FEB 27, 2003
Nice buttery aroma featuring toffee, caramel and hops. Minor grumbles about the label, but the beer itself is a nice orange, with good pour appearance. Dry-ish but still malty, woody and hoppy. You can tell from the start that this beer is extremely well-crafted. Good mothfeel. Hoppy, but still very mellow. Excellent, excellent.