overall

RATINGS: 3103   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.78   EST. CALORIES: 201   ABV: 6.7%
Bold, spicy and menacingly delicious, this American-hopped India Pale Ale offers an aromatic punch and then follows through with a lasting, full-bodied finish.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
brownaler (378) - Topsail Beach, North Carolina, USA - FEB 9, 2004
Has a sweet, citrusy aroma with a chewy hop flavor from front to back having a nice, bitter finish. A smooth and tasty IPA from Victory.

Sham (1845) - Seattle, Washington, USA - FEB 8, 2004
Cloudy amber pour, nice off white head and lace. Malt aroma, and a pleasent citrus and floral hop accompany that. Very nice balance of malts and all kinds of hops. Floral and citrus hops mostly, but the finish has a nice bitterness to it. Medium bodied and a nice tangy palate. A fine IPA.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
HopsOrDie (687) - New Lenox, Illinois, USA - FEB 4, 2004
Nice citrusy aroma. The flavor didn't seem hoppy enough for something called Hop Devil. Very tasty but I don't think it lives up to the hype.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
beerlover82 (225) - Gettysburg, Pennsylvania, USA - FEB 4, 2004
My first real beer-- since I was so used to swill like Bud-- I found this overwhelming. But then I caught on. Appearnce is amazing--dark amber color, head is decent and foam sticks to the glass--aroma is of malt, and hops, hops and hops!!! Taste is very spicy and hoppy, pretty strong and body is medium to full But I think this is better on tap because the bottles don't seem to do this justice.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
Baroque1977 (25) - Southeastern, Massachusetts, USA - FEB 3, 2004
A thirst quencher- perfect malt/hop balance; if you like pilsner beers and want something with more complexity and kick, you can't go wrong with this.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
axilla (962) - New Providence, Pennsylvania, USA - FEB 2, 2004
A beer that needs no introduction!! This has been my go to beer for about a year and a half now. Still my number one. Reddish orange color. Aroma is citrusy. Flavor is hoppy with some pine and tangerine flavor. Big favorite of mine!!

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
hershiser2 (1446) - Charlottesville, Virginia, USA - JAN 30, 2004
Paid $7.99 for a 6-pack. Nice burnt-orange color, with a decent head. Most of the IPAs I've had recently have had an extreme head, so this one is small in comparrison. Hoppiness in the nose, with a light citrus (grapefruit). Very nice smell, but not strong... I must admit, I love IPAs that smell up the room the moment I open the bottle. This one doesn't, but still has a nice aroma. Not quite as hoppy as I had imagined. I've heard for so long that I needed to try this since I loved IPAs/hops, and I must say, I'm a bit disappointed. I thought it was going to be insanely hoppy. Instead, it's nice hoppy. Anyway, it's still a good brew: slightly malty, pretty hoppy, hints of citrus, hints of pine, hints of pepper.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
auto (163) - California, USA - JAN 28, 2004
very nice aroma, not really sure how to describe it but it's strong. the aroma, however, doesnt make up for the fact that this beer has very little bite to it. i was disappointed with the weak flavor.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
y0cola (361) - fremont, California, USA - JAN 28, 2004
At first I thought I had a bad batch, but after reading a few of the ratings I see the name hop devil doesn't reflect the flavor. It did, however, have quite a nice aroma which was filled with floral and bitter hints. Flavor, even though not hoppy, was not that good. Reminded me of an altbier or an amber or something.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Alcoholist (570) - Peoria, Illinois, USA - JAN 25, 2004
Hop bunny rabbit is more like it. Despite the misleading name, this is quite a good well balanced IPA.