RATINGS: 3119   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.78   EST. CALORIES: 201   ABV: 6.7%
Bold, spicy and menacingly delicious, this American-hopped India Pale Ale offers an aromatic punch and then follows through with a lasting, full-bodied finish.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
chronictonic (473) - Oreland, Pennsylvania, USA - OCT 11, 2003
One of my all time favorite IPAs. Great balance between a big malt body and an intense hop profile. Great mix of hops - flavor, bitterness and awesome aroma.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
jeffin7 (613) - Silver Spring, Maryland, USA - OCT 8, 2003
Very drinkable IPA. Strong but not overpowering hop presence with a nice sweet malty backbone to provide very nice balance. Maybe its all the IIPAs I have been having lately but this just seemed remarkably easy to drink while still providing very good flavor

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
warrior (213) - Mt. Wolf, Pennsylvania, USA - OCT 6, 2003
A very good example of an American IPA. I love the full hop bitterness, flavor and aroma. Balanced very nicely with a good malt base and the crystal malt sweetness that comes through. A very good clone of the original Sierra Nevada Celebtaion, actually a little better! I get it draft to go at Thirsty's in York, $7.50 a half gallon.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
ElGaucho (2319) - Minnetonka, Minnesota, USA - OCT 1, 2003
I was the first one on my block to try Victory Hop Devil. I featured it as one of 12 beers in a beer tasting event I hosted in April 2002. It was in the online research for that event that I stumbled across Ratebeer.com, but all of the Hop Devil from the beer tasting had been consumed before I realized I was about to embark upon rating beers for a hobby. Anyway, I finally got my paws on another 6 pack! Sweet pine aroma, with a distinct piney hop profile. Amber in color with attractive, large off-white head, which is mostly diminishing. Very nice lace. Flavor is unbelievably good. If I could put down 11 points in this category I would. A perfectly balanced palate between hops and malt. The hops are strong and sweet without being overbearing. The closest thing to an IPA session caliber beer I have ever tasted. It tastes so pristinely good that you would think that to brew it that way would be effortless. But scores of IPAs that fall short are clear evidence that it is very difficult indeed.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
mkobes (2142) - paramus, New Jersey, USA - SEP 29, 2003
UPDATED: JAN 22, 2004 Very hoppy IPA. Reddish in color. Made with cascade hops but its a very good beer. I don't really care for cascade hops, will drink beer when the beer is made with them, but not one of my favorite hops, but the IPA tastes good. A good choice to get from Victory. Very well balanced.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
unclebleen (620) - California, USA - SEP 28, 2003
Aroma was nice and hoppy as one would expect from an IPA. Flavor did not quite live up to the billing presented by the aroma. Definetly a good beer but expected a little more hop bite.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
beermatrix (1497) - Twin Cities, Minnesota, USA - SEP 28, 2003
Nice hazy orange with dark golden tones, thin foamy head that really lasts for awhile fades to a thin haze and thick ring. Fresh dried floral hops and fruity aroma with an awesome grainy, toasted bakery-like back. This had a really complex aroma with lots of floral hop, some citrus, spice, & grassy grain, super fresh, yum. Tastes like it smells, fresh dried floral hops, with some citrus & spice notes and sneaky bitter, grassy notes as well. But not enough to ruin the solid hop crispy drying finish. Feel has a somewhat creamy medium body and airy dry. This is a solid IPA with great balanced hop bite and toasty malt backbone that tasted very fresh and is very drinkable.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
SubstanceT (1092) - Saint Louis, Missouri, USA - SEP 28, 2003
orangeish reddish colour to it with a thin head that leaves little to no lacing on the glass. Hops in the nose and flavour. Initially the hops arent too strong but after the drink it builds and becomes more bitter. This is good and very easily drinkable. However, not as good as I was expecting. But, it sure cut through the spicy chilli I was having.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
aaronh (201) - McMurray, Pennsylvania, USA - SEP 28, 2003
The copper red beer with amber highlights pours with a moderate white head that quickly dissipates. The hops are very intense from the first couple of sips. As the beer warms slightly, the flavor profile tries to become more balanced, but the hops always re-assert themselves. The finish has an excellent bitterness. The mouthfeel is solid, but has too much astringency for my tastes. A good beer that I enjoy much better in draught form.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
haddon90 (1565) - Costa Mesa, California, USA - SEP 27, 2003
Amber pour with some white head that diminishes quickly. jgb9348 gave it to me when he came down to Knoxville. Hops jump out of the glass and in the flavor as well. Pretty good IPA! Too bad I can't get it in Tennessee.