overall

RATINGS: 2860   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.79   EST. CALORIES: 201   ABV: 6.7%
Bold, spicy and menacingly delicious, this American-hopped India Pale Ale offers an aromatic punch and then follows through with a lasting, full-bodied finish.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
JoeM500 (1902) - Crown Point, Indiana, USA - JUN 4, 2002
A great ruby red color with all the nose of the great IPAs. Citrus rind dominated the aroma. Very close to Alpha King or Hop Ottin but a bit behind.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
belgianhomebrew (646) - Acworth, Georgia, USA - JUN 2, 2002
Slight maltiness in the aroma. Malt and huge bitterness are very well balanced. A true hophead’s beer.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
austinpowers (2826) - New York, New York, USA - JUN 2, 2002
Mega-hoppy, yes, but balanced by substantial malt presence. Upon retaste, I think the hops are a tad overpowering.

hakadriver99 (8) - USA - MAY 31, 2002 does not count
Balls to the wall, I love this beer. Give it to me in the bottle of draft.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
igneous1 (1489) - Davenport, Iowa, USA - MAY 30, 2002
Hop damn!! This is one great beer. I’m a bit of a hophead myself, so it is only fitting that this floats my boat. highly carbonated with a creamy off-white head that leaves behind some good lacing. The oft-mentioned grapefruit quality is apparent in the aroma, but DEFINITELY makes itself known in the flavor. Excellent bitterness in this brew that lingers on and on, which is a very good thing!!! This is one of the top 5 i’ve tried.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
Balthazar (86) - Clinton, Massachusetts, USA - MAY 25, 2002
A little bit too hoppy for my tastes... lingering taste of hops, hence the low rating for palate

tartz99 (10) - USA - MAY 23, 2002
The BEST!!!

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
Admiral (524) - Schnecksville, Pennsylvania, USA - MAY 22, 2002
Full-bodied, rich, and unmistakably hoppy. There’s a good amount of citrus, but the brewers eschewed the overly floral Northwestern approach to high-hopped beers. This is to their credit. The bitterness is apparent throughout, in a very pleasant way. The beer itself is copper-colored, and the head is just off-white. There’s good lace on the glass, too. All around, one of the best beers I’ve had in a while, if not the best.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
ToadMan (559) - Washington, Washington DC, USA - MAY 18, 2002
IPA isnt my favorite stype, but this is the best one I have ever had. The aroma is absolutly amazing, the taste is hoppy and rich, but still very quenching, the strength adds a great touch. It leaves a great mouth feel. If I were a gay man, I would like to kiss the wizards at Victory Brewing.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
estoppel (1028) - Buffalo, New York, USA - MAY 18, 2002
UPDATED: MAR 14, 2008 I have made this my ’regular beer’ lately, as it really delivers a beautifully balanced mouthful of hop and malt flavors. This deserves a place on any desert island list. RERATE 3/08: Did not compare well to my homebrewed IPA. How the mighty have fallen.