RATINGS: 3127   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.78/5   EST. CALORIES: 201   ABV: 6.7%
Bold, spicy and menacingly delicious, this American-hopped India Pale Ale offers an aromatic punch and then follows through with a lasting, full-bodied finish.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
drinkbeer (283) - Redondo Beach, California, USA - SEP 20, 2003
UPDATED: NOV 17, 2003 I love IPA's. Victory is one of my top 3 favorite american brewing companies. Thus, you realize my excitement upon trying a Victory IPA. Let me tell y'all that Victory kicked my ass once again. Awesome IPA! From the pungent hop aroma, to the spicey hop taste balanced by just the right amount of malt. Wow! They know how to put american hops to good use. This is one of my favorite beers of all time. Also, if you let this one warm up a bit it brings out these awesome citrusy notes similar to other victory beers such as Golden Monkey.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
MaBeer1972 (1558) - Taunton, Massachusetts, USA - SEP 16, 2003
UPDATED: OCT 9, 2012 I will be the first to admit Iím not a big IPA fan, but this one isnít as bad as others. The color is somewhat reddish-copper. Flavor is more on the spicy side than flowery, and I even detect a good malty tone, which for me, is always nice to see. The finish isnít as sticky as other IPAs. 2012: upgrade.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
bvkamp (2) - USA - SEP 9, 2003 does not count
Translucent amber color with a light soapy head that disappears quickly. Sweet almost floral aroma. Taste is kind of citrus-sweet with a bitter but pleasant aftertaste. I will recommend this beer to my friends.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
BCAR (222) - Naperville, Illinois, USA - SEP 9, 2003
Great fruit/hop aroma. minimal head. Excellent floral taste with a nice bitter finish. Very refreshing. I've only tried a couple of Victory's offerings and I am impressed.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
Spiesy (2338) - Sydney, Greater London, AUSTRALIA - SEP 5, 2003
Bottled. Lovely deep amber coloured body with a fine, lightly serviced beige head. Balanced hop and malt aroma. Lacy vale resulting from every sip. Big hop bitter flavour up front resulting in a long tailed palate. Very well presented ale.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
Libeerian (209) - Garner, North Carolina, USA - SEP 4, 2003
Assertively hoppy aroma and flavor yet well balanced with malt. Amazingly smooth.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
matta (1140) - Tampa, Florida, USA - AUG 31, 2003
This is another of the Victory beers I acquired in trade with jgb9348, thanks for hooking me up with the upper east coast goodies. This HopDevil is yet another Winner brewed by Victory, I am continually amazed by how well crafted these beers are! This Devil is copper/amber in color, pours a fragrant nose, flowers, honey, and some toasty maltyness. The flavor is a great balance, the hops are not over powering; I find citrus, grapefruit, honey, caramel, and spiciness, with a oily palate, but a dry finish. This is simply a wonderful IPA!

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
BŁckDich (5464) - McCall, Idaho, USA - AUG 31, 2003
This one surprised me as I was expecting another other-the-top IPA with tons of hops. Instead, I found this to be a mainly floral hop monster, without the scorching bitterness. This makes it a little unbalanced, but great for those who like a session IPA with lots of hops.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
bubslang (438) - Kentwood, Michigan, USA - AUG 28, 2003
poured a hazy amberish orange with a billowing beige head. aroma of citrus,flowers. taste was of grapefruit, orange, with a touch of malt sweetness, with a bitter hop finish. not as balanced as other IPA's and a tad on the thin side, but overall a solid IPA

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
wnp22 (698) - Toronto (Roncesvalles Village), Ontario, CANADA - AUG 26, 2003
UPDATED: AUG 28, 2003 Tasted in DC from Cairo. Dark Orange colour. Nice tan head. Scent of orange and spice, some mild hoppy bitternes. Flavour has a nice hop bite, but not over bitter. Good malt balance, with a wonderful finish.