overall

RATINGS: 2927   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.79   EST. CALORIES: 201   ABV: 6.7%
Bold, spicy and menacingly delicious, this American-hopped India Pale Ale offers an aromatic punch and then follows through with a lasting, full-bodied finish.

hakadriver99 (8) - USA - MAY 31, 2002 does not count
Balls to the wall, I love this beer. Give it to me in the bottle of draft.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
igneous1 (1495) - Davenport, Iowa, USA - MAY 30, 2002
Hop damn!! This is one great beer. Iím a bit of a hophead myself, so it is only fitting that this floats my boat. highly carbonated with a creamy off-white head that leaves behind some good lacing. The oft-mentioned grapefruit quality is apparent in the aroma, but DEFINITELY makes itself known in the flavor. Excellent bitterness in this brew that lingers on and on, which is a very good thing!!! This is one of the top 5 iíve tried.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
Balthazar (86) - Clinton, Massachusetts, USA - MAY 25, 2002
A little bit too hoppy for my tastes... lingering taste of hops, hence the low rating for palate

tartz99 (10) - USA - MAY 23, 2002
The BEST!!!

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
Admiral (524) - Schnecksville, Pennsylvania, USA - MAY 22, 2002
Full-bodied, rich, and unmistakably hoppy. Thereís a good amount of citrus, but the brewers eschewed the overly floral Northwestern approach to high-hopped beers. This is to their credit. The bitterness is apparent throughout, in a very pleasant way. The beer itself is copper-colored, and the head is just off-white. Thereís good lace on the glass, too. All around, one of the best beers Iíve had in a while, if not the best.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
ToadMan (559) - Washington, Washington DC, USA - MAY 18, 2002
IPA isnt my favorite stype, but this is the best one I have ever had. The aroma is absolutly amazing, the taste is hoppy and rich, but still very quenching, the strength adds a great touch. It leaves a great mouth feel. If I were a gay man, I would like to kiss the wizards at Victory Brewing.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
estoppel (1028) - Buffalo, New York, USA - MAY 18, 2002
UPDATED: MAR 14, 2008 I have made this my íregular beerí lately, as it really delivers a beautifully balanced mouthful of hop and malt flavors. This deserves a place on any desert island list. RERATE 3/08: Did not compare well to my homebrewed IPA. How the mighty have fallen.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
Davhgbrew (934) - Coconut Creek, Florida, USA - MAY 14, 2002
UPDATED: APR 2, 2014 Spicy,dark red and a little thicker than the other IPAís Iíve had, but very smooth. When I have an IPA I want crisp and refreshing and this was more of chill and sip brew, and not your typical IPA. But for what it was I liked it. Re-Rate 5/14/02 This brew is damn hoppy, thus coining the name "Hop Devil," though I donít know where I came up with the thick idea from. Orig rates 5/14/02...3.5. Amber, spicy floral, with big citrus notes. One of the classic quality craft ipa. Very hoppy citrus bitterness with caramel malt backing it substantialy.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
proc (342) - Dearborn, Michigan, USA - MAY 13, 2002
As my beer knowledge grows, I have found that I have gone from a newbie a few years ago who would cringe at the taste of hops to a seasoned pro, who craves a hoppy beer. I compared this to my beloved Bellís Bellís Two Hearted and found it to be just as good, excellent even. Pours out to a beautiful copper, with a slight head. Taste and smell is that of grapefruit and other citrus. The hop taste is fantastic, but doesnít overwhelm the beer. I believe this is due to my palate digging hops, someone who is new to beer would probably make a face. I believe this could be a nice session quaffer. It went down that easy. I still give Bellís a slight nod over Victory ONLY because Victory isnít available in Michigan and Bellís cloudy, golden give it just a slight appearance grade higher. But, if this beer were available here...itíd be a tie.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
AceOfHearts (1375) - Mountain View, California, USA - MAY 11, 2002
Easily my favorite IPA, I wish I could get it in Austin, TX. Nice aroma, spiciness, maybe a hint of dull woodiness that I found downright classy. Hoppy taste but not overpowering. Nice mouthfeel and one of those lasting finishes that makes you wish you had another. Excellent!!