overall

RATINGS: 3092   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.78   EST. CALORIES: 201   ABV: 6.7%
Bold, spicy and menacingly delicious, this American-hopped India Pale Ale offers an aromatic punch and then follows through with a lasting, full-bodied finish.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
YogiBeera (2545) - New Jersey, USA - NOV 27, 2002
Oh man, I wanna live next to this brewery!!! Wonderful hoppy, flower, parfume aroma. Orange red color with a little head. Bitter taste with nice tones of malt. Dry finish, pockers.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
cb (810) - Roeland Park, Kansas, USA - NOV 26, 2002
Oooh delicious! I really liked this one, definitely get your money’s worth with the spicy hops...definitely a complexity that I won’t attempt to describe, as well. I tried to savor it so long that it got kind of warm; it was still awesome. More please!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
grant (842) - Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA - NOV 26, 2002
I agree; the aroma is the weakest point of this beer; not that a "7" is bad! Very complex and tasty. Starts creamy and bitter with pear and guava fruit tastes. Then the hops march back through your mouth and tingle your nose. It’s like drinking two beers. Still enough malty sweetness to keep it from being too one-sided. An experience.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
DaSilky1 (2606) - San Diego, California, USA - NOV 24, 2002
UPDATED: FEB 23, 2003 6/18/02: disappointing aroma, hoppy but not that grassy IPAish aroma I love, amber color with a nice head that sticks around for a while, Hoppy but completely balanced by the malts, Extremely smooth! but could use a stronger hop finish, I was expecting more from this beer...I prefer west coast IPAs...

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
Tom Servo (424) - Arlington, Virginia, USA - NOV 24, 2002
A brilliant red-orange hue, with a medium sized head. Very hoppy, as the name would suggest. The lace on the glass was a thing of beauty. I thouroughly enjoyed this one, and highly recommend it.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
joeycapps (1468) - Waterdown, Ontario, CANADA - NOV 24, 2002
Beautiful clear orange colour w/ big, off white head. Fresh floral, citrus nose w/ notes of pine. Wonderfully sticky, resiny mouthfeel. Sublimely balanced beer. Fresh malt character up front w/ orange, grapefruit, and pine notes. Slightly oily in the middle and quite bitter in the finish. Close to the perfect beer, in my opinion.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
Gunshy (479) - Ohio, USA - NOV 24, 2002
Well I finally got to try this. The supply of Victory’s recently dried up in Columbus. But my favorite beer supplier came through. This beer poured a lovely reddish copper color and formed a nice off white head that left some nice lace. The aroma was of malt and citrus-grapefruit. The flavor was of malt, caramel and hops. The finish is sweet and astrigent. Also the alcohol makes it’s presence known in the finish. A great beer. Now the big decision, which do I get at the store, Victory’s or Stones? Definately different characters which makes the decision even harder. Definiately worth the wait and harassing I gave my stores.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
garv (24) - dalton, Massachusetts, USA - NOV 23, 2002
Basically, Awful. I appreciate a good hoppy IPA, but this taste like one of my bad batches from college... Simply an excersise in how much hops can be jammed into a beer with no regard for balance. This beer has nothing on Sierra Nevada’s Pale. I brought 5 1/2 bottles back to the store...

beermonger (11) - Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA - NOV 22, 2002
Good stuff. Not as crazily hopped as the name suggests. It’s just as drinkable as Sierra Nevada Pale Ale, and maybe a little more interesting tasting. Overall, this is Pennsylvania’s best beer.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20