overall

RATINGS: 3061   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.79   EST. CALORIES: 201   ABV: 6.7%
Bold, spicy and menacingly delicious, this American-hopped India Pale Ale offers an aromatic punch and then follows through with a lasting, full-bodied finish.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
aracauna (3196) - Georgia, USA - OCT 7, 2002
Rerate 9/14/02: Had some great hoppy beers since this and itís sad to say but I have to drop my rating a bit. Not quite as floral as I remembered. More pine aroma and flavor. Nice appeareance, amber with decent head. Nice sweet malt really balances the hops. Just not the great earth-shattering experience I remember after Terrapin Rye PA and Stoneís IPAs. 5/6/02: I have to admit that this beer surprised me. Iím usually kind of iffy on IPAs and other hoppy beers, but I really liked this one. The aroma is very floral/perfumy. The taste is definitely hoppy, but not so bitter as to overwhelm the rest of the flavors in the beer. My fiancee described it as like drinking perfume, and it did have a powerful floral quality to it. I really enjoyed this beer, but Iím not sure if I could drink more than one or two in a sitting.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
MilkmanDan (1943) - Eagan, Minnesota, USA - OCT 5, 2002
Re-upgrading yet again. My, this is just simply the most spectacular session beer in the world. Improving this one based on the fact that Iím enjoying it more and more with every one I try. Excellent hoppiness balanced with maltiness. Very fruity in the hops in both the nose and flavor.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
Reathai (7) - USA - OCT 3, 2002 does not count
This is a nearly perfect beer. All business hopiness with a great color and sturdy head. A fruity start that gets smooth as you take it down. A high quality beer.

papajohn (1249) - San Diego (Mira Mesa), California, USA - OCT 3, 2002
UPDATED: JUL 1, 2009 Nice light caramel malt sweetness balanced with a dry, hoppy bitter citrus/ grapefruit taste. Really good, but expensive here in California. One of my top three favorite IPAís.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
muzzlehatch (4420) - Burlington, Vermont, USA - SEP 30, 2002
Very clear, reddish amber, medium lasting head. Big fruity nose, citrus but also cherries and apples. Not as bitter as I expected (am I finally getting used to these big hop attacks?), and with a nice smoothness at the front that only gradually gives way to the bite, but not a lot of subtlety here either. Very good, with a great body, but could have more to the finish and flavor.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
Marc (486) - Yokosuka, JAPAN - SEP 29, 2002
Citrusy hops in the nose. Amber color with a loose head that dissapates quickly. Good balace of hoppiness and bready malt. Very impressed for an east coast IPA.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
Drew Blood (151) - Mt.Prospect, Illinois, USA - SEP 28, 2002
Nothing refreshes like a hop axe to the head. This one does not miss. As a hop nut that measures every IPA against the titan, 90 Minute; this one scores high. very pretty and well balanced. It has become one of my big five weekly dinkers. The others are: Dogfish 90 Minute, New Glarus Hearty Hops, 3 Floyds Alpha King and SN Ale.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
Discofish (152) - USA - SEP 28, 2002
This is one of the best IPAís that Iíve had.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
sloth (2605) - Ceciltucky, Co., Maryland, USA - SEP 26, 2002
this is my boy! The "if you were stuck on a desert island" thing. If i had to choose, the devil would be it!Its always in my fridge. An old trusted friend.Beautiful dark copper color, clear.great hop presence, kinda got an inky? flavor going on.Feels good in yer mouth!Damn good beer from a damn good brewery!One hoppy sumbitch!

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20