overall

RATINGS: 2298   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.58   EST. CALORIES: 159   ABV: 5.3%
Bottle: Filtered.
Ingredients: 2 row German pale malt; Czech Saaz, German Northern Brewer hops.
Heaps oí hops are hiding under the full, frothy head of this elegant Pils. All German malt subtleties linger beneath a long dry finish of this classy quencher. One of Michael Jacksonís 500 Classic Brews

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
tobias (204) - West Chester, Ohio, USA - JAN 16, 2005
12 oz bottle: pours a golden straw color with a white frothy head. aroma is spicy, grasy, floral earthy. smototh blalbce hoppy malty flavor. spicy, herbal grassy. slightly fruity. i get the taste of unfermented wort. very clean and smoth i have grown to like pilsners.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
Alexandros (4) - Wyomissing, Pennsylvania, USA - JAN 7, 2005 does not count
This is my favorite micro brew pilsner. While it is most enjoyable during the summer, one can drink this anytime. It is a hoppy pilsner with a really great color and aroma. They go down really really smoothly. I canít cut the grass without downing a bottle of this afterwards.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
barleyPops (1141) - Quad-Cities, Illinois, USA - JAN 3, 2005
bottle. while I am not a big fan of the pilsner style or of strongly hopped beer for that matter, this is one of the best pilsner I have ever tried.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
Jine (896) - Nutley, New Jersey, USA - DEC 23, 2004
This beer is awesome I swear, Really good pilseners are quite rare. Victory has given us a pilsener to drink, that is extremely good I think.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
heemer77 (5156) - Urbandale, Iowa, USA - DEC 14, 2004
UPDATED: FEB 21, 2008 Thin white head. The body is a rich gold color with few bubbles. Aroma is floral and slightly herbal. Also notes of iced tea. The taste the taste has strong vegetable notes with some earthy hops to back it up. A little carrots, ginger and some white bread. Interesting and solid for the style. Thanks civforprez for bringing this one to me. Trying agian recently as it arrived fresh in Iowa. Solid and it is a prime example of the style.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
wnhay (722) - Princeton, New Jersey, USA - DEC 10, 2004
UPDATED: DEC 21, 2004 This beer is quite enjoyable. I am drinking it as we speak. The Aroma is a little weak, but the taste and the aftertaste make up for it. The aftertaste is even better then Pilsner Urquell. The overall taste is quite similar to that beer. This beer has more hops which I dig.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
GuilTTy (728) - Cherry Hill, New Jersey, USA - DEC 10, 2004
UPDATED: SEP 13, 2007 Pours like filtered gold with a clean and lasting white head which lingers with good lacing throughout the glass. Mild hops and straw in the aroma. Very crisp solid pilsner flavor but with a fantastic and unexpected fruity finish/aftertaste. I may be crazy but Iím sure I detected plums, apricots & even blackberries or casis. Iíve rarely been disappointed by an offering from Victory and this one was no exception!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
shoeshineboy (81) - Youngstown, Ohio, USA - DEC 5, 2004
My Favorite Pils ever... hard to go wrong with this one. Great for the first time anti-macro. or for the seasoned vet!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 18/20
DKlovesbeer (172) - Sarasota, Florida, USA - DEC 5, 2004
Pours crisp, clean, and golden. Very light color with lots of carbonation. Head is fluffy, pure white, and leaves a good amount of lace as it quickly settles. Aroma is cool and hoppy with hints of malt. Somewhat typical fragrance for a lager but has a bit more cleanliness to it. The bottle I sampled expired back in April but I canít really tell the difference. I guess Iíll have to find a fresher bottle somewhere and sample it to see if I am missing something. Flavor is sweet, hoppy, a bit fruity. Definitely not typical of the style. This is a clean crisp beer with good hops character and lots of malt complexity. After sampling a nice variety of beers I have decided that I am definitely an ale guy, but this is a lager that satisfies my palate. Overall, Prima Pils is a great session beer. I like it!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
skaughty (652) - Marietta, Georgia, USA - NOV 27, 2004
Pours a clear, golden beauty. Drinks far much too like its pedestrian sibilings. I was hoping for more crispness - instead it had a round palate and a pear taste.