overall

RATINGS: 2257   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.58   EST. CALORIES: 159   ABV: 5.3%
Bottle: Filtered.
Ingredients: 2 row German pale malt; Czech Saaz, German Northern Brewer hops.
Heaps o’ hops are hiding under the full, frothy head of this elegant Pils. All German malt subtleties linger beneath a long dry finish of this classy quencher. One of Michael Jackson’s 500 Classic Brews

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
harlequinn (2744) - Tacoma, Washington, USA - AUG 30, 2003
Wow, not what I expected at all, I mean I had high expectations since it is Victory, but really really tasty. A nicely hoppy Pilsener, that is nicely balanced and slightly complex. A really sweet pilsener, that I higly recommend.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
matta (1140) - Tampa, Florida, USA - AUG 29, 2003
This beer was acquired in trade with jgb9348, many thanks again. ** This is a golden/copper beauty! This Prima Pils pours a large fuzzy cream-colored head into my Pilsner Urquell drinking glass; it looks delicious! The aroma is hoppy, sweet, citric, some notes of lemon/lime. The flavor is magnificent, the hops are heavy but controlled and the malt is still easily distinguishable. Aurelius, two ratings below me mentions some showing of pine and spruce, my reaction from the first sniff, it’s always nice you’re your thoughts are confirmed. This is quit a fine Pilsner, with a strong lacing from beginning to end.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
PorterPounder (5659) - Tallahassee, Florida, USA - AUG 25, 2003
Nice, pleasant murky light golden pour with a generous head with decent lacing. Aroma is a mix of citrus cleaning solutions and Canada Dry Bitter Lemon. Tangy sweet flavor with zesty hoppiness and some sprucey undertones. Good rendition of a pilsener. Very dry finish. Overall impressed with Victory thus far.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
Aurelius (4322) - Tallahassee, Florida, USA - AUG 25, 2003
Hazy, lemony (I've used lemony in like 3 ratings tonight, but that's what it looks like) colored, OK label, beady white head which fades to poofy meringue. Smells like what I wanted all those Eastern European lagers to smell like: sweaty women, citrus, pine and malt. Nicely hoppy, sprucey. Perhaps a bit too thin, perhaps a bit too fizzy. Very refreshing.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
bender (293) - Reynoldsburg, Ohio, USA - AUG 24, 2003
Hazy yellow to copper body with a thick white head. Some floaterss. Lots of lacing too.
Somewhat subdued malt and hop aroma. Spicey, fresh hop aroma.
Nice complex malt profile. Sweet malts balanced with a juicy bite of hops. Great malty/bitter aftertaste that sticks with you.
Full bodied and extremely smooth. One of the better lagers that I've had.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
Ubiquibeer (140) - Cleveland, USA - AUG 22, 2003
For a long time I have searched for an American pils that would remind me of the 3 glorious beer drinking years I spent in Germany. I was always disappointed--that is until now. Pours a golden color with a lot of small bubbles, and a beautiful head that lingers forever. I was initially put off by certain characteristics of the aroma, but all that was quickly forgotten with my first sip. This, my friends, is a delicious pils, the rival of any I had in Germany. A rich malty taste with a beautiful bitterness at the end. Although I still am an IPA man, this is perhaps the best pils I have ever had, including my former favorite, Jever pils. Excellent.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
DubbelO7 (42) - Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA - AUG 18, 2003
Light hazy froth poured out of a cold bottle. Floral hoppy zest followed by spritzy Pils character . Bitter as per a Pilsener. I like more sweetness and less bitter in my beer. AMong the best pils i've had though .

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
mribm (458) - Ocala, Florida, USA - AUG 16, 2003
Bottled. This beer was a cloudy golden color with a white head that left some nice lacing behind. It had a skunky smell, but luckily it didn't carry over to the taste. Lots of hops which overshadows the malt taste. The hops also linger in the finish. Kinda IPA'ish with the hop bitterness, not that I'm complaining. Once I got past the initial skunk aroma, the beer was quite good. I probably received a bad bottle, since nobody else here mentions the skunky aroma. I will try this again!

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
crazyvin (1979) - New York, USA - AUG 14, 2003
A very good pilsner a noticeable malty taste with a nice bitter finish. I found the aroma objectionable there was a nice malty aroma too it, but it was masked by a sweaty presence. It is still the best pilsener i have had too date.

IPFreely (1470) - Sanborn, New York, USA - AUG 14, 2003
Gold colored. Malty aroma. Plenty of hops, slightly bitter. Dry finish. A very nice pilsener.