overall

RATINGS: 2206   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.58   EST. CALORIES: 159   ABV: 5.3%
Bottle: Filtered.
Ingredients: 2 row German pale malt; Czech Saaz, German Northern Brewer hops.
Heaps o’ hops are hiding under the full, frothy head of this elegant Pils. All German malt subtleties linger beneath a long dry finish of this classy quencher. One of Michael Jackson’s 500 Classic Brews

rodolito (163) - San Diego, California, USA - JAN 18, 2003
Imbibed in November 2002. A light hoppy aroma with a faint yeastiness. Poured a light straw yellow color. Slightly cloudy with a lemon merangue head made up of small bubbles. A steady stream of carbonation persisted the whole time. Hoppy with light malt flavors and a citrus twang. Crisp and clean. I'm not a pilsener fan but I could drink this on a nice summer day.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
jeffwhalen (45) - Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA - JAN 17, 2003
A good full pils, excites the taste buds and stays with you in just the right way.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
xmandax (130) - Astoria, New York, USA - JAN 17, 2003
generally, i don't like pils beers at all, but this one i did. hoppy (of course, coming from victory), a little bit bitter, but light enough that you can drink it all night. a beer i enjoyed a great deal.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
jskendzel (602) - Washington DC, USA - JAN 16, 2003
Mild bitterness but not nearly as much as I expected. Good, dry aftertaste and a quenchable palate that isn’t skunky like a lot of the imported Pils I’ve had. Not as good as some native European beers but surely the best in America.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
ConiseurofBeer (242) - Downingtown, Pennsylvania, USA - JAN 13, 2003
UPDATED: JAN 26, 2003 A nice "hoppy" beer. Light and refreshing as most good pilsners are but with a good almost fruity flavor and an excellent finish.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
blandoon (7) - Eugene, Oregon, USA - JAN 13, 2003 does not count
I guess this is what they call ’a good session beer.’ Light and drinkable, without being dull or skunky. A little more hop flavor, and lots more character, than the macro-brews it otherwise resembles, which makes it a good, not-too-threatening way to introduce your Bud-drinking buddies to ’good’ beer.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
666seth (222) - California, USA - JAN 8, 2003
????? When I was looking here for another Pils to try I checked the top 10 page and noticed this one being number 1! I thought well, I gotta try this one if its true what the reviews are saying then i am missing out on something. Said and done I went to Bevmo and got me a six pack (which I thought was very expensive 8.99$ but well you gotta pay for quality). After cooling the beer I couldn"t wait to try it. It pourd in with a nice white head. The color was light golden with a bit of a haze. But then..... bummer!! The taste of this one is not what I was used from a Pilsener! Bitter fruity sour flavor which is definately overhopped for this style of beer(and I consider myself being a hophead cause I like heavily overhopped IPA"s) . Not that there is a rule but again I found it disturbinly overpowering and not suited for this style. You keep this bitter/oevrpwoering sourtaste in your mouth for quite a while! The aroma was also a surprise which means it didn"t smell as pleaseant as I expected (to be not offensive). So overall I didn"t like it and I am surprised about the rating it gets here. Maybe it is better freshly draft but for 8.99 the six-pack it was definately not worth it!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
Dorwart (2359) - Robbinsville, New Jersey, USA - JAN 7, 2003
Decent thick head. Very strong aroma of hops and a slight ovetone of fruit? Light golden color. Smooth taste with more hops. Finish is dry and slightly bitter (yummy!) with more hops again. The best pilsner I have had yet. So much better than most of those imported (skunky) pilsners. PRIMA Victory!

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
JFGrind (1835) - Glenside, Pennsylvania, USA - JAN 4, 2003
I, too find Pilsners drinakable but boring. However, Victory’s version, "bohemian style" is easy drinking complete with fresh hop aroma and mouth feel. Left me very "hoppy".

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
zoomer6999 (20) - winnipeg, Manitoba, CANADA - JAN 3, 2003
It tastes good,looks good and its overall great