overall

RATINGS: 2239   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.58   EST. CALORIES: 159   ABV: 5.3%
Bottle: Filtered.
Ingredients: 2 row German pale malt; Czech Saaz, German Northern Brewer hops.
Heaps o’ hops are hiding under the full, frothy head of this elegant Pils. All German malt subtleties linger beneath a long dry finish of this classy quencher. One of Michael Jackson’s 500 Classic Brews

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
Silphium (3167) - East Lansing, Michigan, USA - APR 3, 2003
Like Mrs. Dash, this one hits the palate with a bit of lemon and spice. A clean, refreshing yet dry pilsener. Not my favorite style by any means, but I can understand why Prima is highly regarded.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 18/20
humulus (339) - Salem, Missouri, USA - APR 2, 2003
This beer stretches the limits of a pilsner a bit, but it is so damn good I don't mind. A nice citrus aroma and flavor followed by a sweet snap of hops. Sweet, but not so that it sticks to the mouth. Overall refreshing, tasty and quite impressive. My hats of, once again, to Victory. Peace.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 13/20
phillymonksman (60) - Ardmore, Pennsylvania, USA - APR 2, 2003
Very light golden color with a light sweet smell. Smooth and creamy flavor on the light side with some pop to it.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
elnadeau (786) - Laguna Niguel, California, USA - MAR 26, 2003
Just a bit of haze in the golden color, underneath a healthy head of white foam. Nice hop aroma hints of the bitterness to come. Excellent balance, satisfying mouthfeel with a crisp finish. Hats off to Victory for attempting to make the best pilsner; a brave undertaking that works very well and raises the bar. Wish I had bought a sixer.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
mixamatt (427) - San Francisco, California, USA - MAR 25, 2003
Bitter herbal anise aroma.Cloudy blond appearance.Dry herbal bitter flavor with a hint of peach.Reminds me of Orval.lingering licorice bitter aftertaste.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
Brodie (540) - Blowing Rock, North Carolina, USA - MAR 25, 2003
I am not a lager drinker, and especially not pilseners, but I thought this beer was outstanding. Great German noble hop aroma. Brilliantly clear golden beer with a thick white head that laced my glass. Flavor is well-balanced between hops and malt, there is some good bitterness present, and the finish is dry. Absolutely no skunky/nasty flavors or aromas that I usually detect in lagers. Overall, this is a crisp, flavorful, refreshing beer!

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
DrGonzo (625) - Somerville, Massachusetts, USA - MAR 22, 2003
What a great pilsener. Tons of hops,very clean, bursting with flavor. A true standout in its style.

LiebeBier (808) - Annapolis, Maryland, USA - MAR 20, 2003
Bottle - Has a nice yellow, amber color. My first thought - this is great tasting beer. Though it is from a bottle, it reminds me of the quality Pils you get in the pubs in Parague. Great, great hop aroma. My only complaint is that the head dissipated quickly.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
kyzr (1152) - Belgrade, Montana, USA - MAR 14, 2003
This is a great pilsener from the time you pour it out to the last drop that smacks your mouth. Great color and head with a wonderful balance of hops and malt.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
Kasteelfreak (341) - Fallbrook, California, USA - MAR 13, 2003
Very nice on this hot day in San diego. Lively carbonation, crisp, malty, and well hopped. I like this a lot. I didn't care for the beer I drank in Prague, and I drank a lot. This is fuller, stronger in alcahol, and tastes better in almost every way