overall

RATINGS: 2166   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.58   EST. CALORIES: 159   ABV: 5.3%
Bottle: Filtered.
Ingredients: 2 row German pale malt; Czech Saaz, German Northern Brewer hops.
Heaps o’ hops are hiding under the full, frothy head of this elegant Pils. All German malt subtleties linger beneath a long dry finish of this classy quencher. One of Michael Jackson’s 500 Classic Brews

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
morty99 (371) - Maryland, USA - SEP 29, 2002
Typical Victory product. Tasty, well made, and hoppy as hell. nice golden color with cloud white head. Big hoppy, floral aroma. Incredibly hoppy taste for a pilsener which I enjoyed thoroughly. Dry, bitter finish.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
booyaatribe (453) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - SEP 26, 2002
Beeeauuutiful looking beer. Nice balanced flavors and a very clean finish.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 12/20
SETANTA (582) - Bangor, Pennsylvania, USA - SEP 22, 2002
Pils just isn’t my style

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
TChrome (1399) - Bedford, Texas, USA - SEP 21, 2002
Another good Victory Brewing product. Smells good. The bottle I just opened almost sounded like a champagne bottle upon opening. Highly carbonated and pours the biggest head of any brew I have seen. Wonderful hop, kinda spicy flavor with a dry finish. Very good pils.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 16/20
MartinT (7523) - Montreal, Quebec, CANADA - SEP 15, 2002
UPDATED: NOV 10, 2010 Spicy, grassy hops on a soft cereal carpet...Dry feel of hay accompanied by a light herbal note and an eagerness to try more...This is a superbly efficient trip to Bavaria...

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 18/20
UnionMade (621) - Connecticut, USA - SEP 14, 2002
This stuff is great. Sharp, crisp, and hoppy. Probably the best pilsner not actually from the Czech Republic.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
GregL40 (97) - Massachusetts, USA - SEP 13, 2002
I dig the cloudiness compared to other pilsners. Definitely the best pilsner I’ve had. Not skunked out. Has a lemony flavor. Good all around.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
ARMed (590) - Garnet Valley, Pennsylvania, USA - SEP 10, 2002
An incredible clear yellow color. Another great appearance for a Victory brew, yet I was not as impressed by the aroma or flavor. The aroma an flavor immediately reminded me of Grolsh, which I am not a fan of. Also, the beer had a tremendous amount of carbonation.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
monkeyman (57) - Alabama, USA - SEP 7, 2002
My absolutely favorite pilsner. As noted below, it pours with tremendous clarity and a delicate yellow color. The head is absolutely magnificent for a lager… almost Duvel-like! A gentle aroma somewhat indeterminate, then the taste… Pure heaven! First and foremost, Saaz hops, then more Saaz hops, then a delicate maltiness, then a gentle but persistent malty finish with more Saaz hops. Oh so crisp (I hate that adjective!) and refreshing. Served ice-cold, it’s fun to drink – the hops and malt more than hold their own.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
Davhgbrew (886) - Coconut Creek, Florida, USA - SEP 5, 2002
Ok, I was skeptical about this one. I have never described a pilsner as a ’good’ beer. I’ve seen the ratings for this one, and read the comments. I said to this beer prove it(I crossed my arms). Needless to say this brew lived up to its hype, but first off this is no typical pilsner. It has terrific hop character, full body, and a great apearance. This ain’t yo mama’s pilsner. Victory truly created a great pilsner, and probably one of the only one’s I would say that about.