overall

RATINGS: 2211   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.58   EST. CALORIES: 159   ABV: 5.3%
Bottle: Filtered.
Ingredients: 2 row German pale malt; Czech Saaz, German Northern Brewer hops.
Heaps o’ hops are hiding under the full, frothy head of this elegant Pils. All German malt subtleties linger beneath a long dry finish of this classy quencher. One of Michael Jackson’s 500 Classic Brews

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
blandoon (7) - Eugene, Oregon, USA - JAN 13, 2003 does not count
I guess this is what they call ’a good session beer.’ Light and drinkable, without being dull or skunky. A little more hop flavor, and lots more character, than the macro-brews it otherwise resembles, which makes it a good, not-too-threatening way to introduce your Bud-drinking buddies to ’good’ beer.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
666seth (222) - California, USA - JAN 8, 2003
????? When I was looking here for another Pils to try I checked the top 10 page and noticed this one being number 1! I thought well, I gotta try this one if its true what the reviews are saying then i am missing out on something. Said and done I went to Bevmo and got me a six pack (which I thought was very expensive 8.99$ but well you gotta pay for quality). After cooling the beer I couldn"t wait to try it. It pourd in with a nice white head. The color was light golden with a bit of a haze. But then..... bummer!! The taste of this one is not what I was used from a Pilsener! Bitter fruity sour flavor which is definately overhopped for this style of beer(and I consider myself being a hophead cause I like heavily overhopped IPA"s) . Not that there is a rule but again I found it disturbinly overpowering and not suited for this style. You keep this bitter/oevrpwoering sourtaste in your mouth for quite a while! The aroma was also a surprise which means it didn"t smell as pleaseant as I expected (to be not offensive). So overall I didn"t like it and I am surprised about the rating it gets here. Maybe it is better freshly draft but for 8.99 the six-pack it was definately not worth it!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
Dorwart (2363) - Robbinsville, New Jersey, USA - JAN 7, 2003
Decent thick head. Very strong aroma of hops and a slight ovetone of fruit? Light golden color. Smooth taste with more hops. Finish is dry and slightly bitter (yummy!) with more hops again. The best pilsner I have had yet. So much better than most of those imported (skunky) pilsners. PRIMA Victory!

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
JFGrind (1837) - Glenside, Pennsylvania, USA - JAN 4, 2003
I, too find Pilsners drinakable but boring. However, Victory’s version, "bohemian style" is easy drinking complete with fresh hop aroma and mouth feel. Left me very "hoppy".

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
zoomer6999 (20) - winnipeg, Manitoba, CANADA - JAN 3, 2003
It tastes good,looks good and its overall great

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
Radek Kliber (6378) - Toronto (Can) Krotoszyn (Pol), POLAND - JAN 1, 2003
UPDATED: MAY 18, 2004 First Rating 3.5 As I promised I gave this beer second try. As I suspected the first sample was not as fresh as it could be. Great hop nose, soft medium with sweet well refined malt. Very Bohemian like. Gold pils with great lacing .Medium body, slightly dry with unusual oily tone. Bitter roundup supported with strong enough for that malt. Dry alcohol is just great add-on. I did worry that this Pils as is in many cases will be over hopped. Here it is not the case, hefty but sensible amount. Great brew!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
DougShoemaker (3147) - Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - JAN 1, 2003
Hoppy, and some sweet malt aroma, golden, with a very foamy head. Great hoppy taste, good balance of malts. Fine bitterness, in a fine beer, I was surprised to have so hoppy a Pilsner. Thanks Radek.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
amx1970390 (480) - Southampton, Pennsylvania, USA - DEC 30, 2002
All pilsners should taste this good. Nice light hop aroma that hides that traditional pilsner skunk. Golden color with fluffy head. Dry palate and nice aftertaste.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
MrRomero (1974) - Nolanville, USA - DEC 30, 2002
Poured a glassful of head. A small volcano going off in my glass from the carbonation streaking upwards. Has a mildly fruity taste. Like others, I’m not a pilsner fan but this is very tasty and well done.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
nlanza (18) - Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA - DEC 22, 2002
I’m not usually a pilsner drinker, but I ended up with some of this in a Victory variety pack and tried it out. It’s still a style I don’t particularly care for, but this is definitely a well-made example of a pilsner. Very pretty appearance and a nice head, smooth flavor with a bit of the sourness at the end that other reviewers have mentioned.