overall

RATINGS: 2218   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.58   EST. CALORIES: 159   ABV: 5.3%
Bottle: Filtered.
Ingredients: 2 row German pale malt; Czech Saaz, German Northern Brewer hops.
Heaps oí hops are hiding under the full, frothy head of this elegant Pils. All German malt subtleties linger beneath a long dry finish of this classy quencher. One of Michael Jacksonís 500 Classic Brews

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
JFGrind (1842) - Glenside, Pennsylvania, USA - JAN 4, 2003
I, too find Pilsners drinakable but boring. However, Victoryís version, "bohemian style" is easy drinking complete with fresh hop aroma and mouth feel. Left me very "hoppy".

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
zoomer6999 (20) - winnipeg, Manitoba, CANADA - JAN 3, 2003
It tastes good,looks good and its overall great

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
Radek Kliber (6386) - Toronto (Can) Krotoszyn (Pol), POLAND - JAN 1, 2003
UPDATED: MAY 18, 2004 First Rating 3.5 As I promised I gave this beer second try. As I suspected the first sample was not as fresh as it could be. Great hop nose, soft medium with sweet well refined malt. Very Bohemian like. Gold pils with great lacing .Medium body, slightly dry with unusual oily tone. Bitter roundup supported with strong enough for that malt. Dry alcohol is just great add-on. I did worry that this Pils as is in many cases will be over hopped. Here it is not the case, hefty but sensible amount. Great brew!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
DougShoemaker (3147) - Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - JAN 1, 2003
Hoppy, and some sweet malt aroma, golden, with a very foamy head. Great hoppy taste, good balance of malts. Fine bitterness, in a fine beer, I was surprised to have so hoppy a Pilsner. Thanks Radek.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
amx1970390 (480) - Southampton, Pennsylvania, USA - DEC 30, 2002
All pilsners should taste this good. Nice light hop aroma that hides that traditional pilsner skunk. Golden color with fluffy head. Dry palate and nice aftertaste.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
MrRomero (1974) - Nolanville, USA - DEC 30, 2002
Poured a glassful of head. A small volcano going off in my glass from the carbonation streaking upwards. Has a mildly fruity taste. Like others, Iím not a pilsner fan but this is very tasty and well done.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
nlanza (18) - Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA - DEC 22, 2002
Iím not usually a pilsner drinker, but I ended up with some of this in a Victory variety pack and tried it out. Itís still a style I donít particularly care for, but this is definitely a well-made example of a pilsner. Very pretty appearance and a nice head, smooth flavor with a bit of the sourness at the end that other reviewers have mentioned.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
whooh (13) - mt. holly, New Jersey, USA - DEC 22, 2002
very hoppie,nice texture, taste stays long after you finish.head looks like beaten egg whites.good pilsner but not close to urquell,or bitburger.

notalush (4823) - Denver, Colorado, USA - DEC 21, 2002
UPDATED: MAY 4, 2007 [upon gaining an appreciation of pilsners, this has become on of my favorite american-made examples] Iím not a fan of pilsners at all, but Iíll try anything made by Victory that I can get my hands on. Looks pretty much like a standard pilsner should look, light golden color with a medium-sized head. The aroma is a subtle mix of hops and malts. The subtle malt character is in the flavor, and the hops come through very much. The finish is all hops and bitterness that I really didnít enjoy very much. For the style it is very good, at the very least drinkable, but still not my thing. Nice try Victory, but not even you can make me like pilsners. [RE-RATE] (original 12/17/02, now 12/21/02) After a second bottle, I must give the beer props for being the best of its style. That is saying a lot. And I canít remember the last time I was able to finish an entire 12 ounces of pilsner. Bravo, Victory. This may be a bad style of beer, but there is still something to be said about making the best of the worst.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
apoptosis (1317) - Denver, Colorado, USA - DEC 18, 2002
UPDATED: JUL 5, 2003 re-rate: This beer deserves a little more than I had originally given it. Crisp, sharp finish is very refreshing in warm weather, and the hops are mild, but fill the beer with their goodness. Definetly not my favorite Victory Beer. Original rating: In fairness, I don't care for most of the pilsners I've had in the past either. However, in general, I don't like my beers watery no matter what the style - Prima Pils has a watered-down flavor and a sour finish.