overall

RATINGS: 2211   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.58   EST. CALORIES: 159   ABV: 5.3%
Bottle: Filtered.
Ingredients: 2 row German pale malt; Czech Saaz, German Northern Brewer hops.
Heaps o’ hops are hiding under the full, frothy head of this elegant Pils. All German malt subtleties linger beneath a long dry finish of this classy quencher. One of Michael Jackson’s 500 Classic Brews

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
whooh (13) - mt. holly, New Jersey, USA - DEC 22, 2002
very hoppie,nice texture, taste stays long after you finish.head looks like beaten egg whites.good pilsner but not close to urquell,or bitburger.

notalush (4788) - Denver, Colorado, USA - DEC 21, 2002
UPDATED: MAY 4, 2007 [upon gaining an appreciation of pilsners, this has become on of my favorite american-made examples] I’m not a fan of pilsners at all, but I’ll try anything made by Victory that I can get my hands on. Looks pretty much like a standard pilsner should look, light golden color with a medium-sized head. The aroma is a subtle mix of hops and malts. The subtle malt character is in the flavor, and the hops come through very much. The finish is all hops and bitterness that I really didn’t enjoy very much. For the style it is very good, at the very least drinkable, but still not my thing. Nice try Victory, but not even you can make me like pilsners. [RE-RATE] (original 12/17/02, now 12/21/02) After a second bottle, I must give the beer props for being the best of its style. That is saying a lot. And I can’t remember the last time I was able to finish an entire 12 ounces of pilsner. Bravo, Victory. This may be a bad style of beer, but there is still something to be said about making the best of the worst.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
apoptosis (1317) - Denver, Colorado, USA - DEC 18, 2002
UPDATED: JUL 5, 2003 re-rate: This beer deserves a little more than I had originally given it. Crisp, sharp finish is very refreshing in warm weather, and the hops are mild, but fill the beer with their goodness. Definetly not my favorite Victory Beer. Original rating: In fairness, I don't care for most of the pilsners I've had in the past either. However, in general, I don't like my beers watery no matter what the style - Prima Pils has a watered-down flavor and a sour finish.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
slimjim (106) - New Jersey, USA - DEC 17, 2002
The best beer of this style by a long shot. Im not a big pilsner fan but this was very good. Golden in color, nice hop presence.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
CaptainCougar (7129) - Columbia, Maryland, USA - DEC 14, 2002
A soft pour yielded a glass 75% full of foam. The bottle must have been mishandled. Semi-sweet mild hoppy aroma very accurate to the style. The body is smooth and finishes moderately bitter, but crisp. A great pilsner.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
Racegoer (352) - Indiana, Indiana, USA - DEC 11, 2002
Light , hazy, poured into a huge long lasting head.I looks like Mr Bubbles has entered my glass.Light crisp clean, a touch bitter, quite refreshing. Something about the after taste just doesn’t set well with me .grassy,malty some hops, perfume. Not really my style still another good one from Victory.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
hieronim (15) - Schenectady, New York, USA - DEC 7, 2002
I am not a huge fan of pilsners, let alone American brews. However, this is hands down the best pilsners I’ve ever tried, and now one of my new favorite beers.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
aledrinka2299 (4) - USA - DEC 5, 2002 does not count

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
Jokes (1453) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - DEC 1, 2002
Re-rate: Still a good beer, but not quite deserving of the 4.1 I gave it before. 10/31/02: Best pilsner I’ve ever had. At first I thought it was not even really a pilsner. However, the qualities of a pils come through, despite the immense amount of hops. The hoppiest, tastiest example of a pils ever. Well done.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
iwantalambic (1478) - St. Louis, Missouri, USA - DEC 1, 2002
Head to head with 3 Floyds Burnham Pilsner. Cloudy lemon, huge frothy head. Tangy hoppy mouth feel. . .bitter finish. . .lingering citrus notes complete a pretty good beer.