overall

RATINGS: 2239   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.58   EST. CALORIES: 159   ABV: 5.3%
Bottle: Filtered.
Ingredients: 2 row German pale malt; Czech Saaz, German Northern Brewer hops.
Heaps o’ hops are hiding under the full, frothy head of this elegant Pils. All German malt subtleties linger beneath a long dry finish of this classy quencher. One of Michael Jackson’s 500 Classic Brews

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
apoptosis (1317) - Denver, Colorado, USA - DEC 18, 2002
UPDATED: JUL 5, 2003 re-rate: This beer deserves a little more than I had originally given it. Crisp, sharp finish is very refreshing in warm weather, and the hops are mild, but fill the beer with their goodness. Definetly not my favorite Victory Beer. Original rating: In fairness, I don't care for most of the pilsners I've had in the past either. However, in general, I don't like my beers watery no matter what the style - Prima Pils has a watered-down flavor and a sour finish.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
slimjim (106) - New Jersey, USA - DEC 17, 2002
The best beer of this style by a long shot. Im not a big pilsner fan but this was very good. Golden in color, nice hop presence.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
CaptainCougar (7132) - Columbia, Maryland, USA - DEC 14, 2002
A soft pour yielded a glass 75% full of foam. The bottle must have been mishandled. Semi-sweet mild hoppy aroma very accurate to the style. The body is smooth and finishes moderately bitter, but crisp. A great pilsner.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
Racegoer (353) - Indiana, Indiana, USA - DEC 11, 2002
Light , hazy, poured into a huge long lasting head.I looks like Mr Bubbles has entered my glass.Light crisp clean, a touch bitter, quite refreshing. Something about the after taste just doesn’t set well with me .grassy,malty some hops, perfume. Not really my style still another good one from Victory.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
hieronim (15) - Schenectady, New York, USA - DEC 7, 2002
I am not a huge fan of pilsners, let alone American brews. However, this is hands down the best pilsners I’ve ever tried, and now one of my new favorite beers.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
aledrinka2299 (4) - USA - DEC 5, 2002 does not count

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
Jokes (1453) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - DEC 1, 2002
Re-rate: Still a good beer, but not quite deserving of the 4.1 I gave it before. 10/31/02: Best pilsner I’ve ever had. At first I thought it was not even really a pilsner. However, the qualities of a pils come through, despite the immense amount of hops. The hoppiest, tastiest example of a pils ever. Well done.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
iwantalambic (1478) - St. Louis, Missouri, USA - DEC 1, 2002
Head to head with 3 Floyds Burnham Pilsner. Cloudy lemon, huge frothy head. Tangy hoppy mouth feel. . .bitter finish. . .lingering citrus notes complete a pretty good beer.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
grant (842) - Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA - NOV 30, 2002
Pretty good, although it seems a little bitter for the pilsener style. An IPL, perhaps (India Pale Lager)? Warm, malty nose followed by heaps of hops. Just seems like they’re trying to fit too much in here. I’d rather have a Czechvar for pure refreshment.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 16/20
freekyp (1490) - Thomasville, North Carolina, USA - NOV 29, 2002
UPDATED: DEC 30, 2003 They really hit you over the head with the hops on this one, and it feels good. Piny, bark like flavor. Great bitter effervencent finish. One of my favorite pilseners.