overall

RATINGS: 2298   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.58   EST. CALORIES: 159   ABV: 5.3%
Bottle: Filtered.
Ingredients: 2 row German pale malt; Czech Saaz, German Northern Brewer hops.
Heaps o’ hops are hiding under the full, frothy head of this elegant Pils. All German malt subtleties linger beneath a long dry finish of this classy quencher. One of Michael Jackson’s 500 Classic Brews

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 18/20
humulus (339) - Salem, Missouri, USA - APR 2, 2003
This beer stretches the limits of a pilsner a bit, but it is so damn good I don't mind. A nice citrus aroma and flavor followed by a sweet snap of hops. Sweet, but not so that it sticks to the mouth. Overall refreshing, tasty and quite impressive. My hats of, once again, to Victory. Peace.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 13/20
phillymonksman (60) - Ardmore, Pennsylvania, USA - APR 2, 2003
Very light golden color with a light sweet smell. Smooth and creamy flavor on the light side with some pop to it.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
elnadeau (786) - Laguna Niguel, California, USA - MAR 26, 2003
Just a bit of haze in the golden color, underneath a healthy head of white foam. Nice hop aroma hints of the bitterness to come. Excellent balance, satisfying mouthfeel with a crisp finish. Hats off to Victory for attempting to make the best pilsner; a brave undertaking that works very well and raises the bar. Wish I had bought a sixer.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
mixamatt (427) - San Francisco, California, USA - MAR 25, 2003
Bitter herbal anise aroma.Cloudy blond appearance.Dry herbal bitter flavor with a hint of peach.Reminds me of Orval.lingering licorice bitter aftertaste.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
Brodie (540) - Blowing Rock, North Carolina, USA - MAR 25, 2003
I am not a lager drinker, and especially not pilseners, but I thought this beer was outstanding. Great German noble hop aroma. Brilliantly clear golden beer with a thick white head that laced my glass. Flavor is well-balanced between hops and malt, there is some good bitterness present, and the finish is dry. Absolutely no skunky/nasty flavors or aromas that I usually detect in lagers. Overall, this is a crisp, flavorful, refreshing beer!

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
DrGonzo (625) - Somerville, Massachusetts, USA - MAR 22, 2003
What a great pilsener. Tons of hops,very clean, bursting with flavor. A true standout in its style.

LiebeBier (808) - Annapolis, Maryland, USA - MAR 20, 2003
Bottle - Has a nice yellow, amber color. My first thought - this is great tasting beer. Though it is from a bottle, it reminds me of the quality Pils you get in the pubs in Parague. Great, great hop aroma. My only complaint is that the head dissipated quickly.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
kyzr (1153) - Belgrade, Montana, USA - MAR 14, 2003
This is a great pilsener from the time you pour it out to the last drop that smacks your mouth. Great color and head with a wonderful balance of hops and malt.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
Kasteelfreak (341) - Fallbrook, California, USA - MAR 13, 2003
Very nice on this hot day in San diego. Lively carbonation, crisp, malty, and well hopped. I like this a lot. I didn't care for the beer I drank in Prague, and I drank a lot. This is fuller, stronger in alcahol, and tastes better in almost every way

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
EddieG (169) - Palos Heights, Illinois, USA - MAR 13, 2003
One of the better "slight to style" Pils I've tried. Bursting with Hops and definately well balanced malt v. hops. My problem is with the carbonation. Way too carbonated. Overall, one of my favorite pilsners and would drink often if they lightened up on the CO2.