overall

RATINGS: 2211   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.58   EST. CALORIES: 159   ABV: 5.3%
Bottle: Filtered.
Ingredients: 2 row German pale malt; Czech Saaz, German Northern Brewer hops.
Heaps o’ hops are hiding under the full, frothy head of this elegant Pils. All German malt subtleties linger beneath a long dry finish of this classy quencher. One of Michael Jackson’s 500 Classic Brews

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 20/20
MaxPower (961) - St. Louis, Missouri, USA - JUL 23, 2002
UPDATED: FEB 1, 2003 This is my kind of pills, golden color , nice foamy white head, leaves a lace in my glass, hoppy aroma for a pils, balanced flavors in this nectar , it has a very tasty hop bite and finishes dry.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
igneous1 (1492) - Davenport, Iowa, USA - JUL 23, 2002
just as the description reads. very frothy head with a golden color and lots of carbonation. hoppy aroma and i think i caught just a hint of vinegar, but my sense of smell isnt the best. awesome pils with a dry aftertaste. victory is awesome!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
stephen (308) - California, USA - JUL 18, 2002
Pretty good for a Pils. One of the few Pils I’ve really found a pleasant noble hoppiness from aroma to flavor to bitterness. A great beer but I’m still not a pilsner fan.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
mwsf (360) - San Francisco, California, USA - JUL 18, 2002
Yellow fizzy beer in the kindest sense of the term. Wonderful hoppy, malty aroma. Huge frothy white head that lasts ’til the last drop. Quite bitter, crisp, clean, spicy, malty, hoppy flavor. Medium body. As first, I thought this was overhopped but by the bottom of the glass, the strong hop bitterness, flavor, and aroma had grown on me. This is a damn fine beer.

tartz99 (10) - USA - JUL 18, 2002
This may well be a perfect beer. From the bottle to the glass, it screams ’drink me’. There is a floral/spicy mouthwatering aroma. Wonderful. And the taste is pilsner perfection. A beautiful meld of hops and clean malt flavor. This beer is a must-have.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
Jayb0 (1001) - Cherry Hill, New Jersey, USA - JUL 17, 2002
my favorite regularly produced beer from this excellent brewery

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
Wilecat (66) - Charlotte, North Carolina, USA - JUL 15, 2002
nice color and slight floral aroma. Greats pils

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
TAR (2445) - Lafayette, Colorado, USA - JUL 11, 2002
UPDATED: AUG 24, 2011 What a heck happened? It now smells like yeast, and the hop aroma and flavor are rather dull and restrained. And the pilsner malt sorely lacks vividness. Rather unclean.

I continually revisit new batches in hopes of finding a good one. After years of doing so, I give up. This beer is far from the brightly lemony, herbal, peppery, and cleanly malty pils it once was. My last bottle was truly nauseating with downright putrid notes of circus peanuts, spent tealeaves, and vitamin B. Over the past five years or so, this beer has varied from almost drinkable to utterly poor, with this particular bottle being representative of the latter. My score represents the average relative to my countless experiences.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
RAUCHFEST (122) - PROSPECT PARK, Pennsylvania, USA - JUL 10, 2002
better than any pils i had in germany or the world for that matter on draft at the brewery is the way to go a great hops and malt masterpeice

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
FlemishChar (224) - Virginia, USA - JUL 9, 2002
CORRECTION: I have just been informed that this beer does not contain Cascades bot Saaz and Tetts. Still, I swear I feel the spirit of Sierra Nevada in the hops.. Certainly doesn’t taste Bohemian flowery to me. ORIGINAL COMMENTS Very experimental pilsner, with Cascades instead of Saaz. It has a strong Cascade aroma reminiscent of Hop Devil or the SN stuff. The taste is like a lighter, crisper version of Hop Devil, with a brutal blast of hops and a long bitter finish. Not as malty and delicate as czech pilsners. The head is a sight to behold, I’ve never seen Pilsner Urquell or Czechvar produce such a beautiful, rocky head.. Looks like molten marshmallow.. Suprisingly easy to drink considering its extreme bitterness..