RATINGS: 2351   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.58/5   EST. CALORIES: 159   ABV: 5.3%
Bottle: Filtered.
Ingredients: 2 row German pale malt; Czech Saaz, German Northern Brewer hops.
Heaps o’ hops are hiding under the full, frothy head of this elegant Pils. All German malt subtleties linger beneath a long dry finish of this classy quencher. One of Michael Jackson’s 500 Classic Brews

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
Admiral (524) - Schnecksville, Pennsylvania, USA - JUL 29, 2003
Tonight I have seen both extremes of lager. First I tried the bland horror of Bud Light, now I discover one of the best beers that I have ever known. Golden-yellow, big white head, lots of lacing. Aroma of German noble hops, especially Saaz. Flavor of hops, again Saaz, much floral and grassy stuff in there. It's nice that someone can make a really hoppy beer that isn't an IPA or APA. This hoppiness is held up by some soft sweet malt. It's light-bodied but in a good way. I'm really impressed by this beer. Most micros seem to avoid pilsners as being too close to macro swill, but this really proves what the style can do.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
EdPaulsen (117) - Rochester, New York, USA - JUL 25, 2003
UPDATED: JUL 27, 2003 is it a pilsener? it's so delicoius with no annoying nose or corny taste. actually, has a surpising sweet malt taste, unlike most even czech pilseners. a pleasure the whole way through. note: a good one to wean stubborn americans onto something great.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 16/20
Darkover (1529) - Columbus, Ohio, USA - JUL 25, 2003
Yellow with a huge white head. Faint hop and malt aroma. Flavor is very clean. With a good balance of hops. Long bitter finish.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
Kinz (3567) - Glen Allen, Virginia, USA - JUL 24, 2003
I was prepared for disappointment. I have consistently rated Victory products well below other raters here. I was quite pleasantly surprised. Perfect pils appearance, a restrained aroma of wheat bread, dough, and hops. The taste is fantastic. I was prepared to be bowled over by a hop assault, but this is a balanced beer. Solid malt backbone with fresh Saaz leading the charge, with a fantastic hop aftertaste. Very, very well done. Its hard to hide mistakes in a pilsner, and they have nothing to hide here. An impressive beer.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
bac080 (398) - Bloomington, Illinois, USA - JUL 21, 2003
This tasted alright for about 1/4 a second until the hops taste kicked in. Bad smell, too.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
mrkimchee (1414) - Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - JUL 21, 2003
pours golden, big white head. perfumy, herby, spicy hop aroma with some mild appley malty hints. the flavour starts clean and sweet malty and then comes the big punch of flowers and hops. amazing bitter finish lingers. I never thoight a pils would knock me on my ass, but this is just gorgeous.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
celogan (202) - Oroville, California, USA - JUL 17, 2003
This is an outstanding pilsner. Poured beautiful golden color with nice head that remained for quite some time leaving nice lacing along the way. Crisp full flavor. Definitely at the top of the list for pilsners. If this were available a tad cheaper I'd drink more of it. If you like pilsners, you owe it to yourself to try one, but... Nobody can drink just one!

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 15/20
baobubba (455) - Starkville, Mississippi, USA - JUL 15, 2003
Crisp, fruity, spicy-noble hop aroma with a hint of apple and caramel. Semi-sweet with a relatively sharp bitter finish that lingers a bit too long at first. As the beer warms it gets a bit smoother (bitterness less sharp, more caramelly/buttery/nutty flavors). Pretty great pilsner. Very enjoyable and refreshing.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
hopnpop (72) - Wexford, Pennsylvania, USA - JUL 14, 2003
I think this is an extremely under-rated beer. I never liked pilsners (or any lagers for that matter) and purposely avoided this brew. Finally, a neighbor coaxed me into trying this superb beer. I've gotta tell you that I think I this as good or better than Hop Devil!

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
raymow (1166) - Bensalem, Pennsylvania, USA - JUL 11, 2003
Another high quality brew from Victory. Nice foamy white head, clean crisp malty/hoppy taste. Good stuff.