overall

RATINGS: 2294   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.58   EST. CALORIES: 159   ABV: 5.3%
Bottle: Filtered.
Ingredients: 2 row German pale malt; Czech Saaz, German Northern Brewer hops.
Heaps oí hops are hiding under the full, frothy head of this elegant Pils. All German malt subtleties linger beneath a long dry finish of this classy quencher. One of Michael Jacksonís 500 Classic Brews

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
amx1970390 (480) - Southampton, Pennsylvania, USA - DEC 30, 2002
All pilsners should taste this good. Nice light hop aroma that hides that traditional pilsner skunk. Golden color with fluffy head. Dry palate and nice aftertaste.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
MrRomero (1976) - Nolanville, USA - DEC 30, 2002
Poured a glassful of head. A small volcano going off in my glass from the carbonation streaking upwards. Has a mildly fruity taste. Like others, Iím not a pilsner fan but this is very tasty and well done.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
nlanza (18) - Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA - DEC 22, 2002
Iím not usually a pilsner drinker, but I ended up with some of this in a Victory variety pack and tried it out. Itís still a style I donít particularly care for, but this is definitely a well-made example of a pilsner. Very pretty appearance and a nice head, smooth flavor with a bit of the sourness at the end that other reviewers have mentioned.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
whooh (13) - mt. holly, New Jersey, USA - DEC 22, 2002
very hoppie,nice texture, taste stays long after you finish.head looks like beaten egg whites.good pilsner but not close to urquell,or bitburger.

notalush (5216) - Denver, Colorado, USA - DEC 21, 2002
UPDATED: MAY 4, 2007 [upon gaining an appreciation of pilsners, this has become on of my favorite american-made examples] Iím not a fan of pilsners at all, but Iíll try anything made by Victory that I can get my hands on. Looks pretty much like a standard pilsner should look, light golden color with a medium-sized head. The aroma is a subtle mix of hops and malts. The subtle malt character is in the flavor, and the hops come through very much. The finish is all hops and bitterness that I really didnít enjoy very much. For the style it is very good, at the very least drinkable, but still not my thing. Nice try Victory, but not even you can make me like pilsners. [RE-RATE] (original 12/17/02, now 12/21/02) After a second bottle, I must give the beer props for being the best of its style. That is saying a lot. And I canít remember the last time I was able to finish an entire 12 ounces of pilsner. Bravo, Victory. This may be a bad style of beer, but there is still something to be said about making the best of the worst.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
apoptosis (1317) - Denver, Colorado, USA - DEC 18, 2002
UPDATED: JUL 5, 2003 re-rate: This beer deserves a little more than I had originally given it. Crisp, sharp finish is very refreshing in warm weather, and the hops are mild, but fill the beer with their goodness. Definetly not my favorite Victory Beer. Original rating: In fairness, I don't care for most of the pilsners I've had in the past either. However, in general, I don't like my beers watery no matter what the style - Prima Pils has a watered-down flavor and a sour finish.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
slimjim (106) - New Jersey, USA - DEC 17, 2002
The best beer of this style by a long shot. Im not a big pilsner fan but this was very good. Golden in color, nice hop presence.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
CaptainCougar (7133) - Columbia, Maryland, USA - DEC 14, 2002
A soft pour yielded a glass 75% full of foam. The bottle must have been mishandled. Semi-sweet mild hoppy aroma very accurate to the style. The body is smooth and finishes moderately bitter, but crisp. A great pilsner.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
Racegoer (353) - Indiana, Indiana, USA - DEC 11, 2002
Light , hazy, poured into a huge long lasting head.I looks like Mr Bubbles has entered my glass.Light crisp clean, a touch bitter, quite refreshing. Something about the after taste just doesnít set well with me .grassy,malty some hops, perfume. Not really my style still another good one from Victory.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
hieronim (15) - Schenectady, New York, USA - DEC 7, 2002
I am not a huge fan of pilsners, let alone American brews. However, this is hands down the best pilsners Iíve ever tried, and now one of my new favorite beers.