overall

RATINGS: 2239   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.58   EST. CALORIES: 159   ABV: 5.3%
Bottle: Filtered.
Ingredients: 2 row German pale malt; Czech Saaz, German Northern Brewer hops.
Heaps o’ hops are hiding under the full, frothy head of this elegant Pils. All German malt subtleties linger beneath a long dry finish of this classy quencher. One of Michael Jackson’s 500 Classic Brews

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
MikeF (538) - Cleveland, Ohio, USA - APR 6, 2002
I am not a huge pilsner fan, but this is a really great brew. Refreshing, nice and carbonated, and a nice sweetness to it. Definitely Prima.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
gwfrankpsu (231) - McKinleyville, California, USA - APR 1, 2002
WOW!!!! This is a great beer! The hop bite is most unexpected, and very welcome. I can’t get enough of this wonderful beer.

cathcacr (634) - Oregon, USA - MAR 25, 2002
UPDATED: SEP 17, 2006 9/16/06: Yep, this is arguably my most favorite lager if you don’t count doppelbocks.

New commentary, 1/16/06:

First time I had this in a long time, not having been able to find it. I missed it, and for good reason. This is basically the Urquell without the skunk factor, making for perhaps the most satisfying lager this side of a doppelbock.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
JMG99 (10) - New York, USA - MAR 20, 2002
Wow. I’ve been a Pilsner Urquell fan for quite some time but this offering from the superb Victory Brewing is just outstanding. Crisp, hoppy, clean and truly the standard bearer of Pilsners. Highly recommended.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
estoppel (1028) - Buffalo, New York, USA - MAR 17, 2002
UPDATED: SEP 22, 2007 Lovely Saaz nose, crisp, and, unlike some imported green-bottle Czech pilsners I’ve sampled, NO SKUNK! Victory continues to impress. RERATE: I’ve decided that this is my favorite beer, so I give it the mighty 5.0. No apologies. RERATE yet again, 09/07: This brewery continues to decline. This beer no longer has the big hoppiness that once made it a favorite. Sad, really.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
Dickinsonbeer (5077) - Hoboken, New Jersey, USA - MAR 10, 2002
This is my first post so i figured i would rate my favorite beer. This beer took some getting used to, as I didnt particularly like it the first time I tried it. After a few of these, it became very enjoyable. The aroma of the saaz hops are almost overwhelming but that is a good thing. The appearance was outstanding, pour this one in a glass and you will understand. Suprisingly huge overall taste, despite how clear and light it looked. A light whitish head that had a great retention. This is my favorite beer from my favorite brewery. Thanks Victory!!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
obxdude10 (2043) - Limerick, Pennsylvania, USA - MAR 9, 2002
UPDATED: JUN 23, 2006 Very traditional pilsener, perfectly clear golden color, soft & subtle white head, generous lacing around the glass, lots of abrasive hops in the nose, the hop character all over this beer really smacks you in the face, very hoppy flavors but incredibly smooth & drinkable, very refreshing on a hot day, clean but dry finish, excellent pils

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
Drinkingdan (371) - East Norriton, Pennsylvania, USA - FEB 28, 2002
I only really drink it in the summer.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 19/20
mtoast (336) - Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA - FEB 21, 2002
UPDATED: MAY 26, 2007 A great summer beer, lots of hop flavor without the added alcohol of most IPAs Re-rate 5/26/07: World class pilsner, only complaint would be the borderline harsh hoppyness.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Merc (313) - Pullman, Washington, USA - JAN 26, 2002
I usually do not like a strongly hopped beer, but this one was able to pull it off nicely. The biterness was complex enough to make it very drinkable. Nice crisp taste.