overall

RATINGS: 2218   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.58   EST. CALORIES: 159   ABV: 5.3%
Bottle: Filtered.
Ingredients: 2 row German pale malt; Czech Saaz, German Northern Brewer hops.
Heaps o’ hops are hiding under the full, frothy head of this elegant Pils. All German malt subtleties linger beneath a long dry finish of this classy quencher. One of Michael Jackson’s 500 Classic Brews

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
Britales (56) - Cape Charles, Virginia, USA - FEB 17, 2004
Wow!! This is either #1 or #2 for the best domestic Pils that I have Tasted!! Great hop aroma, (probably Saaz, maybe Hallertau)edgy but soft at the same time.Just the nicest head that I have seen on a craft Pils! Beautiful finish, I could drink this every day and still totally enjoy it! Great job, Bill!!

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
Alopex (56) - Crystal, Minnesota, USA - MAY 26, 2010
This kind of changes my perception of what a pils can be. Wonderful floral hops in the nose are backed up by a nice malty backbone. Nice beer.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
hoppyho (56) - Los Angeles, California, USA - MAR 13, 2012
Golden color with a thin white head. Aroma is hoppy and slightly spicy and very crisp. Taste is light malt, with an amazingly refreshing crisp dry hoppy finish. Perfectly balanced.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
BlackMail (55) - Evergreen, Colorado, USA - JUN 16, 2008
Pilseners are not my thing, but this one is nice. Pours a light yellow with minimal head. Nice hoppy flavor. The best Pilsener I have had.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
rahmdog (55) - Durham, New Hampshire, USA - AUG 1, 2010
Pours a bright yellow cloudy golden with a white head. Lacing is pretty good and leaves age-rings around the glass. Aroma is mostly hops, dominated by citrus. Taste is hops and a tangy bitterness that shows in this light style. As far as pilsners go, this is the cream of the crop.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
Davetopay (53) - Leesburg, Virginia, USA - JUN 22, 2009
LOVE IT. One of my summer session favorites. Drinks easily without being watered down. Has that nice bitter euro hop kick without causing your mouth to sour and become fatigued. Big bight golden sunny straw colors with a nose of fresh grass, herbal hops, and dry cereal grains. I often bring this camping with friends and use it as an introduction to the world of really good beer.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
bugsizzy (53) - USA - JUN 14, 2013
Pale yellow appearance poured from a bottle with small head. Taste was good but not my favorite pilsner...the bitter finish of the hops was too much for this type of beer. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
scrob (53) - Jacksonville, Florida, USA - JUL 1, 2010
Pour is light golden with a big head which settles into no head. Smells slightly of apple and flowers and slight corky flavor. Crisp feel with a bright bitterness which lingers. This is refreshing and big beer.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
CapnJazz (52) - Binghamton, New York, USA - JUL 26, 2010
Entered from backlog, drank one right after a Troegs Sunshine Pils. Medium gold with a nice gentle white head. Really nice, gentle hops, crisp, fresh pils malt. Light malt backbone. A lot different than the Sunshine Pils, this was more hoppy and more bitter. Preferred the Sunshine a bit.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
jcp23 (52) - Duluth, Georgia, USA - MAY 25, 2008
Light, clear, golden pour with thin white head. Nasty aroma of every crummy lager I’ve ever smelled. I guess this just isn’t my style. With all the build up and hype I had heard about this beer, I was really expecting something more. I don’t get what all the fuss is about. The "heaps o’ hops" are definitely hidden...umm; why have hops if you are going to hide them? But I sure get a heap o’ lingering German malt unpleasantness on the back of my tongue. Like licking an ashtray. For all you folks who like this stuff, knock yourselves out. I’ll take a nice a pale ale or IPA any day.