Victory D’town Draft Smokin’ Oats
     click to upload

RATINGS: 44   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.51/5   SEASONAL: Spring   EST. CALORIES: 174   ABV: 5.8%
A dark and roasty porter, this beer pours a deep black with a chocolate colored head. Aroma leads with a lovely meld of beech wood smoke and nice roast, chocolate notes. Flavor is a complex blend of roast malts, chocolate malts, smooth oat character, and well-balanced smoke malt.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
TomDecapolis (4618) - Milton, Delaware, USA - MAR 23, 2010
Thanks to Currie for sharing this. From a growler filled at Victory. Pours a deeper brown with amber notes and a smaller creamy/bubbly lighter tan head. Aroma of light smoke, roasted malt, chocolate and caramel. Flavor was a nice mix of smoked malts, roasted malt, chocolate, tobacco and toffee. The smoke was there but not over powering. Actually a smooth and drinkable beer with a nice smoke quality.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 18/20
hopson (635) - Williamsville, New York, USA - MAR 23, 2010
draft at brewery- really enjoyed this one- the smokey campfire aroma hits you big time at first- then it settles down, as does the smoke, to a perfectly appropriate element, complementing the chocolate notes of the porter very nicely. Well done.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
psuCE03 (135) - York, Pennsylvania, USA - MAR 18, 2010
Nice roasted malt aroma with a touch of hops. Smooth smokey malt flavor a first taste followed by some bitterness. Good combination of flavors leads to an above average porter.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
WISEGUY572 (1377) - Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA - MAR 12, 2010
I’m sorry to be the first one to rate this. I liked it, but I did not love it. Nice nose from the smoke and the dark roasted grains. Nice creamy mouth feel from the oats. Good brown color, good lacing from the oats. I wish I could be more enthusiastic ... this week was my day at Victory drinking all of the new beers that I don’t think we need. I’ve had wonderful weeks drinking innovative things from Victory ... but not this time.