overall

RATINGS: 2850   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.01   EST. CALORIES: 273   ABV: 9.1%
With a huge, Pacific Northwest hop aroma & character upfront, Storm King subsides into massive, roast malt complexity. More flavor than mere words can adequately describe. Rich and substantial, it will warm your heart.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
redlem (1301) - Ohio, USA - DEC 20, 2003
Another over the top American Imperial stout. Similiar to the 03 Bell's Exhibition but it is a little more watery.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
YourDarkLord (1800) - Urbana, Illinois, USA - DEC 19, 2003
WOW!! Awesome brew! Black, opaque body with a dark tan, sumptuous head. Good lacing. Aroma was inviting with roasted, malty, coffee, chocolate tones. The flavor gave me hints of a roasted espresso with a touch of chocolate. Outstanding to the palate. Damn, I wish I had bought more.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
ChazyRPh (583) - Chazy, New York, USA - DEC 16, 2003
Gorgeous pouring beer. Fully opaque, black. No light coming through this one. Beautiful cappuccino colored head that lasts. Complex aroma, some malts, some caramel and some fruit, maybe raisins. If I thought the aroma was complex, wow is the flavor. Roasted maltiness, again those raisins and chocolate dominate the taste. There are a lot of other things going on here too. The 9% is hidden nicely with only a little ethanol taste. A very nice beer. This beer hasn't aged at all...bottled 11/18/03

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
unclebleen (620) - California, USA - DEC 15, 2003
As I opened the bottle, I was instantly hit with a strong hop aroma. It poured thick and black with a medium head that dissipated quickly. The aroma is hoppy with bitter roasted notes. The flavor is actually a little more mellow than I had expected. Very rich and comforting, like hot chocolate on a cold night. If fact, chocolate is quite prevelant in the beer's flavor. The body is smooth and silky. A very good imperial stout.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
tsarman (794) - Northern, New Jersey, USA - DEC 12, 2003
(October 03) Motor oil pour. Strong, but not that different from a dry stout in taste. Pours black as night and with minimum head. Not my favorite of the style, I think Rasputin and Brooklyn do it better, but definitely worth the purchase.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
igneous1 (1503) - Davenport, Iowa, USA - DEC 10, 2003
UPDATED: MAR 11, 2004 perfectly opaque motor oil with a lovely medium brown head. big citrusy hop aroma with notes of popcorn and roastiness. flavor is plenty hoppy with a lemoniness in the finish, but before it gets to that point, there are lots coffee and bitter chocolate notes. ya know, i love it when a beer has this really tremendous reputation and you dont quite know what to expect. then when you try it, it's beyond what you ever expected..this is just such an occasion...HOORAY VICTORY!!!

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
tidiaguy (168) - Hawley, Pennsylvania, USA - DEC 10, 2003
(october '03 bottle) I had this beer at a tasting and it was the last beer of 15. I didn't like the notes I took so I decided to wait and rerate. Come to find out my 1st take wasn't far off. This is a great beer. Deep, dark body with a mild dark brown head that settles to almost nothing but a sudsy, fizzy ring on top. The only problem I have may be the freshness. The complex aroma and taste are both hinderd by the overbearing hop bitterness. The hop flavor is good, and I get some subtle coffee, smoke, and toasted flavors; as in the aroma, but I think as the brew ages (I put 2 away) it will be great. The hops just need fade some.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
SirTom (88) - Atlanta, Georgia, USA - DEC 6, 2003
* Had this at a beer club meeting with many other beers, hence I don't remember all my comments - only the ratings which I wrote down at the time.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
DragonStout (1408) - Pickerington, Ohio, USA - DEC 5, 2003
Wow.A rich flavorful beer.Black as night when poured.Has huge hints of coffee and lots of hops.This finished very smooth and clean

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
Frank (3015) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - DEC 3, 2003
Midnight black with a velvet fuzz of head. The strong pine notes in the aroma were unexpected but very welcome as were the dark, malty notes of coffee and raisin. Creamy and thick with somewhat aggressive carbonation. Big malt presence and loads of hoppy bitterness. It almost tastes like an American IPA crossed with stout. A unique and masterfully brewed beer. Easily one of the finest of it's style.