overall

RATINGS: 2803   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.01   EST. CALORIES: 273   ABV: 9.1%
With a huge, Pacific Northwest hop aroma & character upfront, Storm King subsides into massive, roast malt complexity. More flavor than mere words can adequately describe. Rich and substantial, it will warm your heart.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
jstu9 (402) - Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA - JUL 21, 2001
The only thing that is wrong with this was a distinct bitter aftertaste. But after a few gulps, I didn’t notice it as much. This just has flavor, and lots of it.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 7/20
MilkmanDan (1943) - Eagan, Minnesota, USA - JUL 13, 2001
UPDATED: OCT 31, 2009 Used to be perfect. Now, it’s far from perfect. Switched from a rich, powerful blast of hop-infused espresso to something thin, over-alcoholized, and bitter in a bad way. Used to be awesome, now it sucks.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
MiCTLaN99 (4) - Winter Haven, Florida, USA - MAR 30, 2001 does not count
Very tasty stout with a really nice finish. I had one of these during a recent trip to Washington DC, at the suggestion of a bartender there. I wouldn’t mind being able to get this back home.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
thealcoholic (104) - Hilbert, Wisconsin, USA - MAR 22, 2001
wow if you love malt you’ll love this beer high in alcohol and very thick. kinda reminds of Sam Adams Cream stout but 10x thicker

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
Curious George99 (5) - USA - MAR 13, 2001 does not count
WOW! This is it. If you crave a bigger, bolder beer, come and get it. The array of flavors is complex and lingering. After sipping a warm one for about ten minutes, you can smell it throughout the room. There’s something about this beer that just fills me with a sense of comfort. Perfect for a cold night in front of a roaring fire. And if you’re ever near Downingtown, PA (near Philly), it’s even better from the tap! ------3/13/01 I recently had a Storm King from ’88 that I had put away. It was fabulously smooth. It was better than the 2000 bottle I had the night before, despite the fact that when fresh, I’ve liked each year’s offering more. I highly recommend stowing a case in a dark corner of your basement for a rainy day. I wrap each bottle in a few sheets of newspaper to help keep light out.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
aledrinkerLS (101) - New Brunswick, USA - FEB 25, 2001
Hoppy yet roasted malt aroma. Very intriguing flavor profile, creamy mouthfeel off handpump. Dangerous because its too easy to drink!

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
MonkeyProver99 (24) - Boston, Massachusetts, USA - FEB 21, 2001
Great beer.

mrbeakersalesman99 (17) - USA - FEB 13, 2001
I must admit....I have had several stouts in my life, and this one is the best...the nice expresso-like taste is beautiful...almost like the best black coffee in the world! The nice high alcohol content is an added benefit! Beats Rogue’s Imperial Stout hands down! In the words of the folk over at Victory, ’Cheers!’

rosebud (47) - Portsmouth, New Hampshire, USA - FEB 12, 2001
I’m sorry, I just can’t find fault with this beer. I was lucky enough to be able to sample 3 of the Victory beers, this company just kicks butt, and just when you think one is better that the other, you pop another open and get to experience what makes this company so great. This stout is amazing, the way it tastes and feels in your mouth before you swallow, nectar from the gods. What amazed me even more was the alcohol content. For a beer so high, the taste ... Unfortunately, not availabe in the Northeast, makes me want to live in PA. This is a great beer to have after a long day, and all you want to do is sit, have a quality beer and relax.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
zbrew19 (31) - Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA - JAN 16, 2001
incredible stout, nice hop bite and deep complex flavor.