overall
Serve in Lager glass

RATINGS: 417   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.95   EST. CALORIES: 144   ABV: 4.8%
Previously known as All Malt Lager (Helles)

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
obxdude10 (1971) - Limerick, Pennsylvania, USA - SEP 26, 2004
Very nice lager, golden color, minimal head but some nice lacing around the glass, slight malt in the nose, subtle malty flavors, nicely balanced, decent hop character, smooth & very drinkable

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
BuckNaked (1230) - Tempe, Arizona, USA - SEP 25, 2004
Bottle: Pours a very light yellow - like pee after a night of drinking - I know, but I don’t have any better description. First off, my bottle claimed I should enjoy this beer by Aug 13, 2004. I purchased and drank it on Sep 25, 2004. Not so good. However, the beer did appear to be intact. Aroma: dust, musty, wet mildew, grass, earth, dirt, pear, sour apple, light hops. Great aroma, though it does smell very much like a lambic....which makes me wonder if my particular bottle may have been infected. Flavor: Iced tea with lemon, light malts, grass, earth, bitter floral taste. Finishes very, very dry with a mint & coriander taste in the mouth. At first I did not like this beer, but the more I drink the better it gets. I will need to drink this again to find out if this bottle was infected.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
hopdog (8521) - Lansdale, Pennsylvania, USA - SEP 17, 2004
Poured a light yellow and an averaged sized head. Aromas of musty, yeast and wet grass. Light and sweet tasting. Too light for my tastes. I like Victory beers a lot, but this is on the bottom of my list.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
99beerman (29) - Gardners, Pennsylvania, USA - SEP 12, 2004
Bottle. Poured a pale gold color with a fine white head. Has a lightly hopped, almost grassy bouquet with a little bit of sweet malt in the background. Has a pleasantly full flavor - not thin like so many of the other lagers I’ve had. Very good balance of German hops and malt results in a smooth finish. This is one lager that I will surely revisit!

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
boto (1808) - Granby, Connecticut, USA - SEP 9, 2004
Draught @ Victory: This was a clear golden yellow color. There was a bit of a white head. Fortunately, it wasn’t fizzy. As expected, the aroma was a little light. It was pleasing, hoever, with hints of malt and hops. The taste wasn’t too bad either. Definitely lighter in body, but a pleasing mix of malts and hops. The brewery probably refers to this as "billpayer beer" as it definitely appeals to the masses.

Dickinsonbeer (5076) - Hoboken, New Jersey, USA - SEP 4, 2004
UPDATED: JUN 16, 2010 Not quite as good as burgerbrau but close. Extremely light yellow with a minimal head- good lace though. Aroma is malty with great balance of noble hops. Pretty good flavor for such a light looking lager. Very malty and smooth. Easy to drink- everyone can like this beer- even swill drinkers. I also liked the helles better than the dortmunder- seemed a little smoother overall.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
desurfer (1190) - Melbourne, Florida, USA - SEP 3, 2004
Pours a light gold with practically no head. Aroma of sweet malt and grassy hops. Taste is light-bodied but not lacking in flavor, with some breadiness as well as some pilsnerish hop character as well. Nice, quaffable summer beer.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 12/20
JonR888710 (999) - Cochabamba, BOLIVIA - AUG 26, 2004
Yellowish green, watery, with a small white, fizly head. Smells of German bitter hops, cut grass and bread. Tastes of water and malt, clean, fresh, sugar, some sugars. Easy drink

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
Spiesy (2338) - Sydney, Greater London, AUSTRALIA - AUG 18, 2004
Draught, at Muggs Ale House, Brooklyn, NY.
Pale yellow colour. Chemical dry hoe aroma. Thin flavour. Metallic corn thinness. Not that impressive. I was warned but you have to find these things out for yourself.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
mribm (450) - Hurley, New York, USA - AUG 13, 2004
Bottle. Yeasty, malty and delicious...this lager is GOOD! I’m not a fan of lagers, however Victory has done it again, with another beer which beats my expectations of it. I love Victory beers, however I can’t find Hop Wallop which I would love to try! (Hint, hint!)