Serve in Lager glass

RATINGS: 452   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.97   EST. CALORIES: 144   ABV: 4.8%
Previously known as All Malt Lager (Helles) & V Lager

There was a time when all beer tasted this good. Back when immigrant Brewmasters turned fresh malts and hops into liquid gold. Before big business lessened our precious beer with corn and rice. Having trained in Germany, we thirst for better beer. So, we brew better beer like this crisp, golden, helles-style lager. Brewed with patience from quality German malts and hops, it is a Victory for Your Taste!

Malt: Imported 2 row German malts

Hops: Whole flower German hops

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
Loddeer (171) - USA - OCT 23, 2004
Pretty good lager. If anyone has seen my ratings, you will know that I love Victory. This lager is smooth and has a good finish, but lacks any characterisitics that will propel it into greatness.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
zach8270 (3904) - Henrietta, New York, USA - OCT 19, 2004
UPDATED: DEC 6, 2008 [12 oz. bottle] Clear copper color with a very thin white head. This sucker is malt the whole way through. Heavy malt in the aroma, heavy and smooth malt in the taste and a crisp malty finish and aftertaste. Very interesting.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 13/20
jimmack (1223) - Nutley, New Jersey, USA - OCT 10, 2004
Clear yellow color with a small white head. Aroma of malt and a hint of hops. Flavor is mostly malt with a slight hop finish. A little thin, but overall an enjoyable beer.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
Mangino (1027) - Mississippi, USA - OCT 8, 2004
Pours a hazy yellow with bubbles and a small head. Aroma is malt and more malt. Flavor is thin, and slightly carbonated. Overall a decent beer, just not my personal preference. Thanks goes to SpringsLicker for letting me try this one!

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 12/20
Sancho (245) - Da Bronx, New York, USA - SEP 26, 2004
bottle form New american beer yellow/gold color.aroma is yeasty tihn body tastes of slight malts kinda of a regular drinking beer which to me is swhat the BMCs of the world s hould look and taste

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
obxdude10 (2127) - Pottstown, Pennsylvania, USA - SEP 26, 2004
Very nice lager, golden color, minimal head but some nice lacing around the glass, slight malt in the nose, subtle malty flavors, nicely balanced, decent hop character, smooth & very drinkable

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
BuckNaked (1230) - Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA - SEP 25, 2004
Bottle: Pours a very light yellow - like pee after a night of drinking - I know, but I don’t have any better deScription. First off, my bottle claimed I should enjoy this beer by Aug 13, 2004. I purchased and drank it on Sep 25, 2004. Not so good. However, the beer did appear to be intact. Aroma: dust, musty, wet mildew, grass, earth, dirt, pear, sour apple, light hops. Great aroma, though it does smell very much like a lambic....which makes me wonder if my particular bottle may have been infected. Flavor: Iced tea with lemon, light malts, grass, earth, bitter floral taste. Finishes very, very dry with a mint & coriander taste in the mouth. At first I did not like this beer, but the more I drink the better it gets. I will need to drink this again to find out if this bottle was infected.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
hopdog (10105) - Lansdale, Pennsylvania, USA - SEP 17, 2004
Poured a light yellow and an averaged sized head. Aromas of musty, yeast and wet grass. Light and sweet tasting. Too light for my tastes. I like Victory beers a lot, but this is on the bottom of my list.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
99beerman (29) - Gardners, Pennsylvania, USA - SEP 12, 2004
Bottle. Poured a pale gold color with a fine white head. Has a lightly hopped, almost grassy bouquet with a little bit of sweet malt in the background. Has a pleasantly full flavor - not thin like so many of the other lagers I’ve had. Very good balance of German hops and malt results in a smooth finish. This is one lager that I will surely revisit!

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
boto (1969) - Granby, Connecticut, USA - SEP 9, 2004
Draught @ Victory: This was a clear golden yellow color. There was a bit of a white head. Fortunately, it wasn’t fizzy. As expected, the aroma was a little light. It was pleasing, hoever, with hints of malt and hops. The taste wasn’t too bad either. Definitely lighter in body, but a pleasing mix of malts and hops. The brewery probably refers to this as "billpayer beer" as it definitely appeals to the masses.