overall
Serve in Lager glass

RATINGS: 423   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.96   EST. CALORIES: 144   ABV: 4.8%
Previously known as All Malt Lager (Helles)

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
RedCloud (129) - Rhode Island, USA - JUL 16, 2007
UPDATED: JUL 18, 2007 Pours with little head, a beautiful gold. Smells of honey-sweetened grass and malt. Tasty and refreshing, with a moderate palate. One of my favorite beers.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
ndfreak77 (116) - USA - DEC 31, 2007
Bottle,poured light gold with small head and nice carbonation. Light malty flavor. Nothing special, but very refreshing. A good beer from a great brewery.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 13/20
cryfreedmb (113) - Ocean, New Jersey, USA - SEP 5, 2007
A pale golden brew with sweat somewhat grassy flavor. Reminds me what a BMC would taste like if they used better ingredents. Overall, not bad but nothing great either.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
cjw163 (109) - hummelstown, Pennsylvania, USA - DEC 24, 2006
12 oz bottle from variety pack. OK lager not as good as yuengling, but drinkable.i got the variety pack too and this was the best there was...

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
DeadGuyPerez (106) - Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA - JUL 15, 2009
Bottle poured clear gold. Tasted like what I was told to expect: a nice, clean, drinkable lager. I’m a PA native, and prefer a regional brew to the big macros, so it gets it done for me.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
AgedOak (98) - Ohio, USA - JUN 24, 2007
Clear golden lager with thin white head with moderate carbonation. Very subtle sweetness (honey) with minimal hops. All in all a very plain lager.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
BeerDude78 (91) - Brick NJ, New Jersey, USA - JAN 2, 2009
I really liked this beer. Very light, pours a nice golden color. Has a nice clean hoppy aftertaste. Goes down very smoothly.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
Jay_Dubbz (89) - Pennsylvania, USA - NOV 8, 2013
Poured from a 12oz bottle. Nice offering from Victory as one would expect. Simple yet tasty and a nice drinking lager. --you've been Dubbed.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
FarFromHome (85) - Philadelphia, Alabama, USA - AUG 20, 2009
I actively avoid Victory’s beers because they seem obsessed with cramming ludicrous amounts of hops into every single thing that they can. And I hate hops like I hate the devil. Anyway! I can’t comment on appearance or head, as I was at a comrade’s house and did not have a glass, but the flavor was a lot better than I expected. Light, clean, a little nutty, maybe? There’s a hint of some flavor I can’t put my finger on, but I’m thinking nuts. Anyway. All around solid, tasty, simple beer.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
JoeAgain (70) - New Jersey, USA - AUG 20, 2011
You’re pretty much guarenteed that if it is a beer from Victory Brewing in Pennsy, then what’s inside will at least be true-to-style and a decent effort. This lager pours a nice, deep yellow, with a very good head on it that stays to the bottom of the glass. Nice carbonation; not too much, not too little. Nice grass-like hop nose, with some malty-bread-like aromas peeping through. Excellent baked bread flavor, with some good sourish yeasty notes. The hops are very well done, being there, but combining in harmony with the malt, not overpowering it. This is one of my favorite American craft brewed beers... with one caveat! Careful not to pick up a batch that is past it’s "best by" date. I don’t know if this is the carrier’s fault, but I do seem to find quite a bit of this beer nearing, or past its "best by" date. When fresh, it is an American gem!!