overall
Serve in Lager glass

RATINGS: 463   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.99/5   EST. CALORIES: 144   ABV: 4.8%
Previously known as All Malt Lager (Helles) & V Lager

There was a time when all beer tasted this good. Back when immigrant Brewmasters turned fresh malts and hops into liquid gold. Before big business lessened our precious beer with corn and rice. Having trained in Germany, we thirst for better beer. So, we brew better beer like this crisp, golden, helles-style lager. Brewed with patience from quality German malts and hops, it is a Victory for Your Taste!

Malt: Imported 2 row German malts

Hops: Whole flower German hops

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
richlikebeer (838) - Easton, Pennsylvania, USA - NOV 27, 2004
Not my idea of a lager at all...pale yellow color with white head, aroma of hops and some sweetness, possibly lemon. Very crisp body, but much more bitter than any other lager I have ever had. Goes down easy, bud not what I was looking for from this particular beer, from this particular brewer.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
Pailhead (6385) - Plymouth, Michigan, USA - AUG 26, 2005
Bottle: Courtesy of Styles. Aroma is slight Euro-lager sweetness with some grassiness and a touch of hops. Pours a pale straw yellow with a small white head that fades to a ring in no time. Sweet Euro-lager flavor from start to finish. A hint of some apple and only the slightest hing of hops in the finish. I really don’t understand how this gets a score above a 3. Very little difference from a mediocre European sweet pale lager.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
Derek881 (1247) - Denver, Colorado, USA - JAN 31, 2007
I remembered having a great Victory lager on tap in the past, and when I saw a case of this on sale, I bought it. I later noticed the bottles were past their "freshness date," but out of a mixture of stubborness and lazyness, I stuck it out. These beers have disappointed; there just isn’t much to them. Pours a very light, clear gold color with a white head so thin it’s barely noticeable. The aroma is mostly of grainy hops, not much malt. The carbonation was average, and the beer was thin with a light, almost empty, mouthfeel. The taste was mostly bitter with a slight sour component. Sure, this beer is not bad, but it loses points for being so boring and because I expected much better.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
shrubber85 (10587) - Greenville, Indiana, USA - MAR 15, 2007
Bottle. Sweet corn/barley malt aroma. Light yellow with small head but moderate effervescence. Initially sweet corn malt flavor with a sour, light hops finish. Moderate carbonation. Pretty much par for the style.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 12/20
rayg1 (586) - Charlotte, North Carolina, USA - MAR 16, 2007
This beer was sampled at Beerworks Charleston, SC. Pours a amber color with almost no head more of a film of foam. This beer had no aroma to speak of maybe a slight sweet corn smell. Taste was definatley sweeter than expected, some nutty flavors comming out that were actually not too bad with a touch of wheat/corn sweetness that I thought took away from it. Hops are present but barely so. I have to say the best thing about this beer was the hot bartender that served it to me.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
SirSlarty (68) - Reading, Pennsylvania, USA - DEC 3, 2007
Pours a nice gold color that’s dark. Too much "flavor" of hops but that’s what Victory is known for. Finish is slightly bitter.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 11/20
Veer (362) - Landskrona, SWEDEN - APR 20, 2008
Aroma: sweetish, corn, slightly sourish, summery mild hopping.
Flavour: mild, nice balance, slightly sweet, hoppy, fresh aftertaste.
Appearance: very light yellow with rapidly fading white head.
Palate: light, fizzy.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
PilsnerPeter (3045) - Flushing, New York, USA - SEP 13, 2008
Bottle: Pours a slightly hazy light golden with a fading white head. The aroma is sweet rotted apples and apparent husk- not appealing. The body is very light. Papery and husky flavor with adjunct all over the place. Not much bitterness to speak of. A bit of a mess, however, I would choose this over the macro lagers that are in the mainstream market.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
joeyplush (648) - Garnet Valley, Pennsylvania, USA - MAY 27, 2009
Aroma has some lemony hops coupled with doughy yeast. Look is similar to mass-produced lagers, light clearish gold and thin white head. Flavor is definitely fuller than the average mass produced lager, and the taste is a bit on the hoppy side. Not terrible but definitely not one of Victory’s best.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
thelizard (46) - Santa Barbara, California, USA - AUG 29, 2009
Meh. I’ve been drinking too many wonderful ales lately, but I picked this up in a custom six-pack from Frugal MacDoogal’s. Let’s see... First few sips were decent, but the flaws in the beer quickly started to jump out at me. Very incomplete taste, and I ended up pouring out the bottom, just so I wouldn’t have to deal with it. Usually, I enjoy Victory’s beers, so I might have to try another bottle and see if I got an old, crappy one.