overall

RATINGS: 815   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.7   EST. CALORIES: 261   ABV: 8.7%
The tenacious grip of big, juicy hop aroma and character slides smoothly into rich, dark malts. This heavyweight battle between fresh, Yakima Valley hops and dark, roasted malts is resolved harmoniously as the flavors merge to deliver complex satisfaction with a warming edge. Enjoy the ‘twilight’ for the bright and brassy hops!

THiS (15) - Pennsylvania, USA - FEB 10, 2010
Victory is right! this is a total winner. 40 bucks a case for a well-backed, glass lacing, brown orange, hop slam full of citrus and bright, bitter beautiful goodness with a bit of pineyness to boot?!? almost 9%? this is serious bang for your buck. amazing. 90min, lookout. i love you, but lookout for your cheaper, more ambitious and delicious cousin to the northwest.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
pirmigrin (13) - EASTON, Pennsylvania, USA - FEB 4, 2011
Pours a dark bronze color with virtually no head at all. Gave off a very hoppy aroma with pine and earth notes, and a faint hint of citrus. So far so good, but this is where it lost me. This is a heavy beer, very dry and not very corbonated, with a short to medium bitter finish. Overall I had higher expectations based on the score, but I was a bit disappointed.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 14/20
8balls (12) - Winston-Salem, USA - JAN 9, 2013
Tasty offering from Victory. While the packaging doesn’t describe exactly what type of ale this is, it tastes like a robust black IPA to me. It’s got a real nice, lingering flavor that rests comfortably on my palate. Smells great, looks great, tastes great. It’s got a surprisingly high ABV at 8.7%. This one can be sneaky because it’s smooth, so treat it with respect. Prost!

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
Farmgirl73 (10) - - MAR 2, 2012
Color is so beautiful, I’m thinking of dyeing my hair the same. Smooth burnt sugar aftertaste.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
Gabe511 (9) - Sicklerville, New Jersey, USA - OCT 28, 2009 does not count
Pours a dark mahogany with a big fluffy head. Aromas are of pine and citrus with a sugary aspect as well. Taste is very much the same but is not over powering and stays just long enough. Its not as big as most strong ales and makes it good for a 6 pack format. Another great beer from Victory!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
mcaron45 (8) - Minnesota, USA - SEP 9, 2013 does not count
Dark ruby brown, tan head, thin layer remaining. Caramel, orange, raisin, sweet. Hops are there to balance sweetness, but to me the sweet overpowers the hop flavor. Good, but not a style I prefer.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 16/20
peppers (7) - - MAY 14, 2012 does not count
Pours deep espresso brown with a caramel head that foams heavily giving way to a lingering layer of dark head. Nose is not strong but hints at the subtle complexity this beer offers. Hops and roasted notes balance well and finish slightly bitter. I like it though. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
rymould (7) - Three Bridges, New Jersey, USA - JAN 23, 2013 does not count
Yakima Glory pours reddish brown with a finger width off white head. There is good head retention, and plenty of lacing sticks to the glass. The first aroma I find in Yakima Glory is citrus, including grapefruit and lemon. I expected more of a roasted aroma in this beer, but I couldn’t pick any out of the bouquet. It smells like a regular American IPA to me, which means it smells hoppy and delicious! As I take my first sip, the citrus turns into pine. There is a slightly sweet caramel flavor in the middle, and it ends dry with a bitter finish. Yakima Glory has a medium body, and average carbonation. There is no presence of the 8.7% ABV at all in this beer, so be careful! Yakima Glory is a good IPA, however I prefer Victory’s HopDevil and Hop Wallop. Also, I am not sure how this qualifies as a Black IPA. To me, no matter what ingredients were used, it comes off as a hopped up amber or red ale. I noticed that Victory doesn’t call this a black IPA anywhere. In the beer description, they admit to using some dark malts, which, in my opinion, doesn’t exactly make it a black IPA. All in all, Yakima Glory is still a good beer!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 18/20
ice_p (6) - Massachusetts, USA - FEB 7, 2010 does not count
The best first impression of this beer is the dark color, hinting at the great malty balance to the abundant hops. Overall, a great beer.

LaFinca (6) - state college, Pennsylvania, USA - JAN 19, 2011 does not count
What can I say? This is an awesome beer. I won’t go into all the details but if you like a big bold beer, then you need to try this one. I was expecting the worse in the way of sweetness but was really surprised as to how well balanced this beer is. If you like Stone’s Arrogant Bastard, you will love this one even more since the flavor notes are so much more powerful. Warning though, this beer is not for those who love the lighter German beers or the national brands like Coors or Bud. This is what you call a true "Winter Warmer". This is a very potent brew but the abv is very well diguised.