overall

RATINGS: 2011   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.7   EST. CALORIES: 144   ABV: 4.8%
Classic German Pilsener

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
omhper (20449) - Tyresö, SWEDEN - MAR 24, 2003
Bottled. Pale golden with fine creamy head. Grassy hop aroma. Pleasantly dry and weel hopped. Slightly mellow body. The finish drya nd lingering bitter. I've had much worse beers aboard airplanes...

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 13/20
mds (2250) - Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - MAR 21, 2003
Appearance is very pale, moderate lasting head. Not much in terms of aroma, but not displeasing. A hoppy taste with a very dry aftertaste.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
Aggie80 (788) - Michigan, USA - MAR 18, 2003
Weak head, but good lace. Nice color and refreshing crisp taste. Slight aftertaste, but not a bad one. This is a good inexpensive one to go for!

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
Shag (2649) - Chattanooga, Tennessee, USA - MAR 14, 2003
UPDATED: OCT 12, 2003 A good lager especially for a widely available lager, a huge jump from BudMillerCoors but nothing to go crazy over, a treat for someone who really loves lagers, which is not me

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
jazz88 (2577) - San Francisco, California, USA - MAR 13, 2003
Bottle. A light golden color with a white head. A skunky and dusty aroma. A Crisp flavor of cardboard. Like so many bad lagers I've suffered through with only a knod to something a little better.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
Chevboy (37) - Millgrove, Ontario, CANADA - MAR 9, 2003
very light looking. But suprisingly not light tasting. Very easy drinking.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 7/20
celogan (201) - Oroville, California, USA - MAR 4, 2003
UPDATED: MAR 14, 2003 Well I have to Re-rate This Beer after having several more since my initial rating. My first bottle, on which I did my initial rating must have been really fresh, or whatever I was having with it was so good it threw the true taste and aroma off. Either that, or the bottles I've been having, and still have left are damaged some how. I just can't believe the difference in my first bottle and the rest. This beer indeed looks really weak. Seemed to me like it should taste watery, but It did't. It had a really good mouth feel and carbonation. The head pourd pretty decent. But the last several bottles I've had were pretty bad. Aroma was repulsive, which of course adds to a barely drinkable taste. After having better beer, I have to say that this is one beer I won't be buying again.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
wilkie (1208) - Raleigh, North Carolina, USA - MAR 4, 2003
Thin, bubbly head. Clear--light golden appearance. Crisp flavor. Smooth. Slight tinge of grass in the aftertaste with a little touch of bittering hops. Good model of style.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
kumite56 (471) - Cordova, Tennessee, USA - MAR 1, 2003
UPDATED: MAY 18, 2003 A dissapointment. Could this be the German answer to the American BudCoorsMiller? Rapidly diminishing head to nothing. Light, crisp, hint of malt on the front end with noticable hops in the finish.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
Darkover (1524) - Columbus, Ohio, USA - FEB 25, 2003
UPDATED: JUL 6, 2005 Clear yellow, very bubbly with a bigl white head. Malt aroma. Sweet and dry flavor. Somewhat bitter finsih.