overall

RATINGS: 26   MEAN: 3.11/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.04   ABV: -
A complex balance of floral hop flavor, gentle toasty and caramel flavors, and a fine malty sweetness tempered by a distinct bitterness.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
schm1005 (151) - Seattle, Washington, USA - OCT 16, 2002
Not a very hoppy pale. Cascade comes through but more noticable is the pale malt flavor that is somewhat macro-beerish to the tongue.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
beerguy101 (5294) - Newark, California, USA - OCT 8, 2002
Medium brown color, medium head. A medium bodied ale. Malty and slightly sweet, mild hops, slightly spicy. Mild taste, lots of flavor. Good balance. Smooth. Mouthfeel is full and round. Finish is clean and smooth. Aftertaste is slightly malty.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
herbstress3 (221) - Bellingham, Washington, USA - OCT 7, 2002
Pretty ordinary pale. Not a lot of hops though and I feel it would be a lot better with more. Interesting smell.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
P-tor44 (886) - Anchorage, Alaska, USA - MAR 11, 2002
ruby red in apperance, pours with a nice head that disapears quickly. Fairly Bland, if you’ve ever seen Mt. Superior from Alta you will know that this beer does not deserve the name.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
Kaya161 (1128) - San Diego, California, USA - JAN 12, 2001
Better than 2002 because of more hops.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
opiate (199) - Sandy, Utah, USA - DEC 16, 2000
Well, I must admit that I was not overly impressed. This beer was a little too bitter for my taste. I do like a bit of bitterness, but this was too much for me. The initial flavor when it hit my tongue was good, but I did not care for the bitter aftertaste. It does have an original flavor, and for a brief second it reminds me of Boston Lager, but that quickly fades and I was left with an aftertaste I did not care for.