Water Street (NY) IPA
     click to upload

RATINGS: 4   MEAN: 3.12/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.9   IBU: 60   EST. CALORIES: 210   ABV: 7%
Malt-forward ale brewed with American and German malts and bittered to British levels with Nugget and Fuggles hops. This IPA is all about balance.

coldbrewky's rating

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
coldbrewky (1423) - Hippetown East, New York, USA - NOV 25, 2012
Again with the proper glassware! Hooray. Draft at Brewpub. Beautiful color and intricate lacing make this beer a joy to look at. Nose of moderate hop. An IPA yes but for me the hops just didn’t complete the follow thru to finish. The up front hops fade and are overtaken by a plateau of malts that meander to finish. For me the balance was skewed to the front half.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
mike67 (779) - , New Jersey, USA - MAR 11, 2013
On tap at the brewery. Pours orange with foamy white head. Aroma is of yeast, caramel malt, herbal hops and ripe fruit. Body is full and crisp. Taste is yeast, sour dough, herbal hops and some caramel and apples. Finish is long and bitter. I would skip this brew next time.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
Glouglouburp (5998) - Montreal, Quebec, CANADA - NOV 29, 2012
In short: An hoppy English style IPA cranked up the American way. Very good.
How: Tap at brewpub.
The look: Cloudy amber-orange body topped by a medium off-white head leaving lots of lacings on the glass.
In long: The hoppy nose is very leafy with what appeared to me as English-style leafy hops with some citrusy notes. Malt bill proposes a lot of toasted soft cookies, pleasant fresh honey and a tiny bit of caramel. Then a generous amount of English-style hops that add a juicy leafy bitterness that is never aggressive. Some oranges and sun dried yellow grass join the party at very end adding a sharpness to the finish. Very full body with a lively carbonation creating a pleasant expansive mouthfeel. Very flavourful and nourishing, if anything it loses a few points for being more nourishing than sessionnable. The last beer I had at this new brewpub, it was really quiet there, we were pretty much the only customers, it was so quiet in the pub that I could hear myself think, nothing good ever comes out of me hearing myself think, I’ve got some very weird thoughts and ideas, but the pub accepted not to press charges if I promised never to go back there.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
jordinc (104) - Orlando, Florida, USA - NOV 6, 2012
Decent hop aroma, would like a little more of the freshness to come through in the nose. A little cloudy in the glass due to the (i’m guessing) unfiltered nature. Crisp and tangy on the tongue, a bit too tangy. Overall, something I would try again but probably wouldn’t take a growler home.