Serve in Weizen

RATINGS: 3134   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.82/5   IBU: 14   EST. CALORIES: 162   ABV: 5.4%
Our golden-yellow wheat beer, with its fine-pored white foam, smells of cloves and impresses consumers with its refreshing banana flavour. It is full bodied and with a smooth yeast taste. To be enjoyed at any time (always a pleasure / enjoyment), goes excellently with fish and seafood, with spicy cheese and especially with the traditional Bavarian veal sausage. Brewed according to our centuries-old brewing tradition on the Weihenstephan hill.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
JesseM (1158) - Margaritaville, Ontario, CANADA - MAY 31, 2008
500ml bottle from the LCBO. Pours the ideal looking Hefe, with a huge white head. Aroma: Yeasty to the max, what can I say, it’s a Hefe, think all the good characteristics of one. Flavour: See ’Aroma’. Haha, well it’s a tad sweeter than some other Hefe’s I’ve had, but in this case it helps balance the sour bite of the yeast. Malty, no hops whatsoever, plenty of citrus, nice spicy bite in the finish, a touch of clove. Not as much banana as I tend to like, but the key here for me is the moderate effervescence, because overly carbonated Hefe’s are just terrible (and almost killed me once). Lady’s and gentlemen, for my 300th rating, I give you, Bavarian Wheat Beer. The first time a milestone rating has actually been anything decent for me. After a bad experience with too much Hefeweizen, I went through a period where it made me nauseous. This beer has changed that, and allowed me to enjoy the style again! Thank you Bayerische Staatsbrauerei Weihenstephan! (I’ll expect a cheque in the mail for this promotion; I don’t work for free you know).

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
Dezzilu (226) - Whitmore Lake, Michigan, USA - MAY 31, 2008
I was a bit perplexed by this beer because although it is a German Hefe I thought it reminded me more a Belgium White beer because of the more complex taste and the hint of lemon in the aroma. Regardless, this is an excellent beer that would satisfy me on most nights (except on a bitter winter evening). Cheers.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
pootzboy (1693) - Hopville, Ontario, CANADA - MAY 31, 2008
UPDATED: OCT 20, 2008 Bottled. import, 3 weeks old. Lovely clouded orange-gold with a massive meringue head, great retention, massive lacing. Aroma: much like Schneider weissbier without the dried fruit tones ...this is the original hefeweiss yeast and we get juicy fruits, banana, clove,vanilla bean, a bit of bubblegum over some sweet doughy malts. Dry character, moderate body,great peppery mouth feel, a tad spritzy but not as pronounced as bottle conditioned wheats, great blend/balance of fruit-spice-dry toasty wheat....dry clean finish...wonderfully refreshing beer, very drinkable...can’t wait to taste it unpasteurized on tap. Better tasting than Schneider, Paulaner, Hacker-P, Augustiner, Schöfferhofer,Andechser...and probably better than Ayinger when fresh...cummon you know it!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
TheJester (2542) - Cavan Monaghan, Ontario, CANADA - MAY 31, 2008
500 mL bottle. (bb 04/03/09). Cloudy yellow-brown with a decent white head. Typical banana-clove aroma with a little citrus in there as well. Lots of wheat and spice in the flavour, with some citrus up front, and a discernible but un-nameable (by me, anyhow) spiciness near the end that distinguishes it from othere hefes I’ve tried. Nicely carbonated, and a pleasant spicy, dry finish. Great summer beer.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
janir (216) - Oulu, FINLAND - MAY 31, 2008
Hazy yellow-orange color. Quite big head is white and a bit soapy and cloudy. Aroma is wheaty malty, banana-like and yeasty. Flavor is well-balanced and quite mild: banana, yeast, . Light-bodied and slightly foamy carbonated palate.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
Ported (67) - Ontario, CANADA - MAY 30, 2008
Bottle. Hazy honey colour with a large white head. Bubblegum and yeast are at the forefront with citrus, spice, and very subtle hops lingering in the background. Well carbonated to the last sip, very light and airy feeling. A good, easy-drinking summer beer, but I was expecting more.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
yespr (40865) - Copenhagen O, DENMARK - MAY 30, 2008
Århus2008. 50 cL bottle. Pours hazy orange with a lacing white head. Aroma is mild wheaty with a light yeasty note. Flavour is dry wheaty with a light phenol note and mild banana fruity yeast flavours. Ends mild fruity with a light dry wheat flavour lingering into the finish.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
VeloVampire (625) - Parkdale, Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - MAY 29, 2008
UPDATED: NOV 20, 2008 500 ml bottle - looks like thick, glowing creamed honey with a fluffy snow-white cap. Aroma and flavours softly spicy and very full-bodied. The perfect summer beer, and one I’ll be buying lots of. Other than Denison’s Weiss, this is certainly the best Weiss I’ve had, and surprisingly fresh too. Absolutely fabulous.

Angeloregon (2055) - Portland, Oregon, USA - MAY 28, 2008
On tap at Green Dragon in Portland, OR--Bright, hazy golden beer with a creamy thick white head. Lots of yeasty esters. This is the truth! This beer put Bavaria on my map.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
daknole (10883) - Scottsdale, Arizona, USA - MAY 27, 2008
On tap at Brother Tuckers in Fl. Wonderful beer. Rich and yeasty with perfect balance and just a superb brew. Chhers.