Serve in Weizen

RATINGS: 3133   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.82/5   IBU: 14   EST. CALORIES: 162   ABV: 5.4%
Our golden-yellow wheat beer, with its fine-pored white foam, smells of cloves and impresses consumers with its refreshing banana flavour. It is full bodied and with a smooth yeast taste. To be enjoyed at any time (always a pleasure / enjoyment), goes excellently with fish and seafood, with spicy cheese and especially with the traditional Bavarian veal sausage. Brewed according to our centuries-old brewing tradition on the Weihenstephan hill.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
weaselkenievil (1608) - Cheshire, ENGLAND - DEC 19, 2007
Very pleasantly surprised by this. In my early beer geek days this is definitely the best wheat beer I’ve had. Lots of flavour. The kind of drink Willy Wonka and Oompa Loompa’s make. I’ve been turned off by some of the popular dish water I’ve tried. Not shit loaded with fruit, which is a good thing unless you like to drink out of a tarts handbag. Oldest brewery in the world, since 1040 it says on the bottle. I opened it at 10.40, near the time and I waited just to be a geeky little twat. He he he. Ooh yeah, I like this. Won me respect for wheat beer. Until I try better this is like Pauli in Goodfellas, got to show respect but you know he’ll see you right in the end. Cheers.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 15/20
Embrouille (2843) - SWITZERLAND - DEC 19, 2007
UPDATED: SEP 13, 2008 Bottled 50cl. It pours a hazy orange beer with a beautiful big white head. Vanilla and wheat in the nose. Bubblegum and strawberries showing up too. Vanilla, banana, lemon and spices in the taste. Some lemon sneaking in, giving a good balance. Wonderfully smooth and creamy. Surprisingly light bodied and rather sour. The finish is dry, smoky with hints of oranges. Refreshing, delicate and complex. A great beer. Additional comment: The taste: Extremely pleasant. Peppery, smoky components which are accompanied by a lot of banana. A hint of mint. Excellent

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
Becker (14) - Bayern, GERMANY - DEC 18, 2007
Excellent hefe-weizen and a very different taste on tap from the bottle. This beer is a highly recommended hefe!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
corby112 (2804) - philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA - DEC 13, 2007
Pours a cloudy golden yellow/ orange color with huge foamy white head. Aroma of yeast, orange and lemon. Very smooth drinkable beer with a nice citurs flavor. Pretty highly carbonated with hints of lemon and orange peel. Very crisp with a slight sour aftertaste.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
bonbright7 (181) - Jacksonville, Florida, USA - DEC 12, 2007
Tap@Zum Schnieder. This came to me in a huge 1 liter glass stein, which displayed its great cloudy yellow-cream color. It was lightly fragrant with the wheat, banana, and vanilla aromas coming forward. The fist taste was like the last with a refreshing medium to light bodied ale that tasted like the aromas. This was a very good beer I could have anytime.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Jvittorio4187 (255) - Boardman, Ohio, USA - DEC 9, 2007
Pours a light gold with a fluffy white head. Nice hefeweizen aroma with light citus and wheat. Taste is very crisp and clean. Fiinsh a little dy.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
badnloose (111) - North Hollywood, California, USA - DEC 9, 2007
A definite step up from the Original Bayrisch Mild. A very good Hefe, as it should be since they’ve been making it for ages.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
KUEric (946) - Scottsdale, Arizona, USA - DEC 8, 2007
Typical and average hefe all around. That really sums up my opinions on this beer. I know I’m in the minority here. Maybe it’s just me, but almost all good hefes taste the exact same. Sure this one was slightly better than most, but still almost the exact same.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
Casconi (4) - Butler, New Jersey, USA - DEC 5, 2007 does not count
This Hefe Weizen tasted hoppy not sweet, which is what I like, because I usually drink Pilsners. A nice orange-yellow color with a big frothy head, which lasted. Highly carbonated. A great thirst quencher. I paid $7.99 for a 6 pack. So dollar for dollar, you can’t beat this Wheat Ale. Highly recommended.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
SamGamgee (2452) - down the whirlpool, California, USA - DEC 4, 2007
50cl bottle at De Baiard, Amsterdam, 12-2-07. Cloudy gold-brown with a thick, sustained head. Powerful banana/clove aroma of a good hefe. The flavor is clean and dryer than others I’ve had, and has the accompanying wheat phenols in a refreshing and crisp package. The best weissbier I’ve had yet.