overall
Serve in Weizen

RATINGS: 2719   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.81   EST. CALORIES: 162   ABV: 5.4%
Nothing refreshes you more than this naturally cloudy wheat beer with its wonderful yeasty fragrance and taste. Goes well with dishes that do not have too intensive a flavour, especially that Bavarian speciality 'Weisswurst' or white sausage.

beerrocks99 (5) - USA - MAR 22, 2002 does not count
this beer rocks

Inveigler (371) - Ferndale, Michigan, USA - JUL 18, 2002
I am making a political statement with my rating of this beer. One, I think this is the best wheat beer on the market. Two, I love reading the ratings on this site and I respect the beer knowledge of the reviewers; however, unless its a big, high alcohol beer nothing ever merits much more than a 4.5 ranking. As king of wheat beers, I give this a 5.0. The first one I have given. And the perfect time of year ... check back in the autumn, I might have to rerate ... I think that I am lost in a moment right now.

Dermis (20) - Monona, Wisconsin, USA - NOV 15, 2002
Really smooth with the bite I like from a wheat brew. Brewing since 1040 they should know their stuff.

BeyaMC (47) - Tirschenreuth, GERMANY - NOV 15, 2002
Best rating for this beer ! --- It’s the best Weizen ! --- Some Banana and cinnamon in the aftertaste, and I still ask myself how you can extract this taste out of cereals... Bravo Brewmaster !

mikeben (355) - Naperville, Illinois, USA - FEB 8, 2003
UPDATED: FEB 21, 2003 Up there with the very best. Add your lemon and enjoy, what a taste!. Oh yes a little darker then some weissbier it is very filling and satisfying

GreatLibations (1854) - Last Supper, Arizona, USA - FEB 3, 2006
UPDATED: AUG 29, 2007 Everything a great weissbier should be. A beautiful bright yellow creamy butter hue w/ a full, creamy froth. Superb head retention that slowly reduces to a full silky canopy and lace. Aromas of banana cream, vanilla, and mellow citrus. Medium full nectar on the palate really infuses the complex flavors of vanilla, lemony citrus rind, honey, and spicey banana cream. Mildly medicinal w/ a fruity mild sweetness . Every great weissebier needs a little medicine in it’s portfolio. The finish has a slight acidic twitch to it clearing the palate for the next sip. Overall: a classic specimen. Creme de la creme! Thoroughly enjoyed and highly recommended.

silo31 (8) - USA - AUG 19, 2007 does not count
The best Weisse beer I have tasted. Tastes better on tap then in the bottle but still great either way.

Shannon127 (15) - USA - MAR 24, 2008
UPDATED: DEC 29, 2008 This is the standard by which all other wheat beers should be judged. The aroma is a perfect blend of banana and clove. The yeast sediment is perfect for the roll and pour. No finer Wheat beer in the world.

NJDevilz69 (28) - Egg Harbor Township, New Jersey, USA - MAY 21, 2008
This is one of the best German Hefe’s I have ever had. Pours a nice yellow color, lasting head. Wonderful aromas of banana and citrus. Flavors of banana, also vanilla. Recommend this to anyone looking for a refreshing beer.

TungstenGT (34) - Birmingham, Alabama, USA - FEB 1, 2009
UPDATED: APR 8, 2009 This is my all time favorite Hefeweizen. Any time I get a chance this is my selection. Such a great taste, palate, and appearance. I highly recommend this to anyone who likes Hefeweizen.