overall
Serve in Weizen

RATINGS: 1296   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.42   EST. CALORIES: 162   ABV: 5.4%
The source of its pearling, effervescent taste is the secret fermentation process which we have developed especially for our crystal wheat beer. It quenches your thirst like no other beer. With its elegant appearance, it is the speciality of our brewery. Goes well with fish, seafood and light dishes.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
radiomgb (2143) - Peterborough, Ontario, CANADA - OCT 8, 2004
Light gold in colour. Aroma of wheat, malt, citrus and yeast. The flavour had some citrus (mostly lemons), some bananas, malt and a slight sweetness. Dry mouthfeel and a lightish body. Finishes tangy with a mild bitterness. Not to bad. Thanks for the beer piscator34.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
Choos (564) - Taylors Hill, AUSTRALIA - OCT 6, 2004
Aroma: sweet, wheaty and some decent hops. Apperance: crystal clear orange gold with a smallish head. Flavour: initial sweetness giving way to wheaty and clove notes with just a hint of banana. Finishes with some hop notes and is quite thin.

SimonLarsen (210) - Sydney, AUSTRALIA - OCT 3, 2004
Essentially a muted version of the Hefe. Not as clear as some of the other kristalls I have had. Nice enough but the style seems a little lacking in distinction as far as I can tell.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
Jukkabro (3484) - Tampere, FINLAND - SEP 30, 2004
Light yellow and clear color, big vanishing white head. Lively carbonation. Nice fruity, dynamic and clean banana aroma, differs from "traditional" banana aroma. Aroma is also crispy, soft and refreshing. Flavor starts sweet and fruity, ending is lasting banana with some dryness. Crispy beer with excellent carbonation. My first Kristalweizen, very nice experience!

11026 (1772) - Alabama, USA - SEP 27, 2004
Bottle. Clear pale lager colored. Big foamy white head that lingers. Good lacing. Clove and bananna in aroma along with wheat malt. Taste has hints of bubblegum and clove. Crisp and clean.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
flemdawg (524) - Naples, Florida, USA - SEP 26, 2004
Hmmmm, well I think that the word gimormus(giant and enormus) is appropriate for the sized head I got on the poured it. Very foamy indeed. Sparkling golden in color, which I suppose is good for the style. Sadly I think the bottle had started to turn before I opened it. I was expecting some bananas in the aroma, but didn’t get a single one. It definatly had a skunk rectum aroma to it. But then then taste was more to my liking. It did have some banana in there as well as some lemons or something of the like. Also maybe some spiceyness but not much. The taste was rather refreshing but I don’t know what to make of this one, maybe my nose is just way off. Overall, it wasn’t all that bad

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
Padron4KM (531) - Chandler, Arizona, USA - SEP 26, 2004
Pours a clear pale straw yellow, with a huge, pillowy, meringue like head. Head recedes quickly, but reapears with a little agitation.
Banana cream pie dominates the aroma, with just a dusting of clove. A little bit of bubble gum as it warms.
Body is light.
Flavor is lightly citrus (lemon), wheat, bananna and spice.
A slightly metalic and band-aid finish.
Not very complex, but a nice refreshing beer.

TC2642 (265) - Worcester, Worcestershire, ENGLAND - SEP 6, 2004
Bottle. Lots of clove and banana in the aroma. Quite a soft cleaning tasting weissbier. Refreshing but I prefer the cloudy stuff.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
5000 (6027) - Hardened Liver, Washington, USA - SEP 3, 2004
Bottle pours a crystal clear pale yellow, large foamy white head, light carbonation, with sporatic lacing.   Cloves, over ripened banana, bready, and assorted spices on the nose.   Wheaty up front, but somewhat astringent.   Fades quickly to a slight spiciness.   Good body, good mouthfeel (not as full as their non-filtered variety).   Finishes light, cloves, slightly like a dark wheat bread.   Pretty tasty...

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Pigfoot (2268) - Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA - SEP 2, 2004
Pint bottle. Appearance: crystal-clear pale yellow color, with a large, looming chalk-white capper of foam. Aroma: fresh and airy, a trifle citric and sour, but mostly lacking in vital weissbier aroma characteristics. Nice, light, crisp, tangy texture/ mouthfeel, very light-bodied, good malty flavor, practically no hops that I can taste. Good flavor. Have to admit a prejudice, though: I just can't get behind filtered wheat beers, especially when they come from an excellent producer such as Weihenstephaner. That wheat texture is so refreshing and rewarding in the best examples of the style, when I taste a non-HEFE weissbier, I can only think of what I'm missing. There's a plasticy, bubblegum taste, too, just to the left of the vanilla/clove combo we find in great (and not-so-great) Bavarian weissbiers. In this heat, though, it'll so, but it will be largely forgotten, especially as I down it quickly in order to get at the Weihenstephaner Dunkel Weisse in the fridge!