overall
Serve in Weizen

RATINGS: 1393   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.42   EST. CALORIES: 162   ABV: 5.4%
The source of its pearling, effervescent taste is the secret fermentation process which we have developed especially for our crystal wheat beer. It quenches your thirst like no other beer. With its elegant appearance, it is the speciality of our brewery. Goes well with fish, seafood and light dishes.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
TheBeerOrg (2145) - Louisville, Kentucky, USA - SEP 23, 2005
UPDATED: SEP 5, 2007 Pours clear yellow with a foamy white mostly receding head. Aroma is estery with notes of banana, clove, lemon, and honey malt. Taste is bready, lightly sweet, with mild yeastiness. Mouthfeel is light bodied and fizzy. Finishes tart and lightly acidic. Not too much of a downgrade from the original version. I still donít like this style, but this might be the best.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
HarmonKill-a-Brew (407) - Wilmar, Arkansas, USA - SEP 18, 2005
Iím not really a huge fan of this style, but this one was pretty good... more wheat came through in the flavor than in most of this style. Good with food and also something good to drink if you donít want to get filled up too quickly.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
thegreenrooster (3459) - St.louis, Missouri, USA - SEP 17, 2005
Pour is a clear yellow with a huge white head. Aroma is wheat and some vanilla. Flavor is yeasty and clove but not that outstanding as a regular hefe. I donít get this style.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
1FastSTi (3343) - Glendale, Wisconsin, USA - SEP 11, 2005
Sampled from a 16.9 oz bottle, this beer pours to a huge whipped egg whites head atop a fizzy light yellow gold body. The aroma is almost lightly sour bananas and a light banana nut bread. Smells sorta fake but still good. The flavor is wheat, lemons (no I didnít add it), banana. The finish is strange. Tart. Decent palate. I understand itís supposed to be filtered, but I wish they wouldnít.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
chriso (7482) - London, Greater London, ENGLAND - SEP 3, 2005
500ml bottle. Iím not usually a fan of kristalweizens (hence I havenít rated many) but this one is pretty reasonable - not too emasculated by the filtration. Mid gold colour with a big fluffy head. Plenty of estery banana in the aroma. Soft, vanilla flavour. Starts sweet, but a touch of citric bite develops in the aftertaste. Creamy mouthfeel. It may be a touch on the flabby side, but, overall, pretty good.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
Rballs01 (282) - Madison, New Jersey, USA - AUG 30, 2005
Poured out of 16.9 ounce bottle. Looked like a Bud draft with double the head. There were traces of clove on the initial sniff. Nothing like an unfiltered hefe-weizen. Very plain, drank in down rather quickly to get it over with. This brew would serve a better purpose bathing Brats in a rolling boil.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
JCW (1276) - Cincinnati, Ohio, USA - AUG 28, 2005
Appearance: Translucent light yellow with an abundant white head. Aroma: Slight banana aroma(esters), bread and yeast. Flavor: Very Light,moderately sweet This beer would make an excellent thirst quincier. Light,much tastier than an American Standard Lager. On a hot day, I think I would seek this one out.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
Rastacouere (6153) - Montreal, Quebec, CANADA - AUG 18, 2005
Clear gold, generous white head. Fresh wheat sack nose with the esters up front. Growing banana as the temperature goes up. Very clean flavor profile. Round yeastiness, quite fruity. As good as a slightly above average hefe in the nose. A bit thinner and less powdery in mouth, smoother carbonation than the agression I expected. Lemon pie, crusty breadiness and pleasant tart wheat flavors. Despite its general blandness which is of course okay for the style, this eludes me by managing to be fairly elegant. I hate to say it frankly. Iíd feel like ranting on the "pride in filtration" nature of kristallweizens tonight, but since the style realistically wonít exist anymore in a few years, I guess itís not worth the effort. This might remain my favorite kristallweizen when I tell the tale to my grandchildren a few decades from now.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
OldMrCrow (2116) - Seattle, Washington, USA - AUG 13, 2005
UPDATED: AUG 4, 2006 From a bottle.

Pours a clear pale yellow with a huge whipped-egg-white head. The aroma is wheat and lime; the taste is dry, somewhat sour as expected, and slightly more astringent then I would like. The beer is highly carbonated on the palate.

Fairly nice.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
mustangjoe (183) - redondo beach, California, USA - AUG 2, 2005
Bottle. I love the hefeweizens so I knew this brew, my first kristall, would be fairly similar. It was similar in aroma and flavor, but I missed the cloudiness of the hefe. The flavor of banana and clove was there, though I missed the more yeastiness of the hefe as well. Overall, a good tasting wheat beer.