overall
Serve in Weizen

RATINGS: 1386   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.42   EST. CALORIES: 162   ABV: 5.4%
The source of its pearling, effervescent taste is the secret fermentation process which we have developed especially for our crystal wheat beer. It quenches your thirst like no other beer. With its elegant appearance, it is the speciality of our brewery. Goes well with fish, seafood and light dishes.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
Rastacouere (6154) - Montreal, Quebec, CANADA - AUG 18, 2005
Clear gold, generous white head. Fresh wheat sack nose with the esters up front. Growing banana as the temperature goes up. Very clean flavor profile. Round yeastiness, quite fruity. As good as a slightly above average hefe in the nose. A bit thinner and less powdery in mouth, smoother carbonation than the agression I expected. Lemon pie, crusty breadiness and pleasant tart wheat flavors. Despite its general blandness which is of course okay for the style, this eludes me by managing to be fairly elegant. I hate to say it frankly. I’d feel like ranting on the "pride in filtration" nature of kristallweizens tonight, but since the style realistically won’t exist anymore in a few years, I guess it’s not worth the effort. This might remain my favorite kristallweizen when I tell the tale to my grandchildren a few decades from now.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
OldMrCrow (2081) - Seattle, Washington, USA - AUG 13, 2005
UPDATED: AUG 4, 2006 From a bottle.

Pours a clear pale yellow with a huge whipped-egg-white head. The aroma is wheat and lime; the taste is dry, somewhat sour as expected, and slightly more astringent then I would like. The beer is highly carbonated on the palate.

Fairly nice.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
mustangjoe (183) - redondo beach, California, USA - AUG 2, 2005
Bottle. I love the hefeweizens so I knew this brew, my first kristall, would be fairly similar. It was similar in aroma and flavor, but I missed the cloudiness of the hefe. The flavor of banana and clove was there, though I missed the more yeastiness of the hefe as well. Overall, a good tasting wheat beer.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
goldtwins (4320) - Nesconset, New York, USA - AUG 1, 2005
Poured a clear (duh) pale yellow. Typical wheaty aroma and flavors but the banana was light. Nice balance and pretty tasty. Not overdone with the yeasty esters.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
Ron (2880) - Rochester, New York, USA - JUL 30, 2005
I had just sanded and repainted my basketball pole. As I cleaned up I heard my 19 year old daughter and her friends playing basketball (She has not done this in over a year) I went out just in time to see the ball hit the pole and make a large mark on the pole as the ball got a good coating of paint. I just went back in and poured this lovely Weiss beer and sat on the back deck and enjoyed it immensely.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
gilby (27) - Fort Riley, Kansas, USA - JUL 30, 2005
I opened this bottle and the next thing i knew i was wearing the head. After the first drink i realized that this is a beer i won’t soon forget. It was much like the hefe, but so much lighter and crispy tasting. No evil aftertaste. I still was tasting a little clove in there. great kristall. I’ll be buying more of this for sure.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
burgerlicious (308) - Indianapolis, Indiana, USA - JUL 30, 2005
Straw-colored body with a thick white head. As would be expected, wheatiness dominates the palate but doesn’t overpower.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
DonMagi (5595) - bantervile, Bedfordshire, ENGLAND - JUL 25, 2005
good session beer, not as wheaty as id have liked.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
frankenkitty (1963) - Oak Lawn, Illinois, USA - JUL 24, 2005
Bottle poured a pale golden with a huge, foamy and fizzy white head which took awhile to reduce. Yeasty (sweaty) aroma was dry with a goodly amount of incense and low notes of banana. Aromas perfectly mimmicked in the flavor with a touch of malt and light acidity. Soft carbonation, dry in the mouth with a slightly chalky finish. I’m gaining a better appreciation of Weissbier and Kristallweizen is a nice diversion from the murky Hefes.

<font size=-4><a href=http://www.ratebeer.com/Places/ShowPlace.asp? Liquors, Oak Forest, IL<font size=-1>

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 15/20
mkobes (2142) - paramus, New Jersey, USA - JUL 22, 2005
Bottle at Andy’s. Poured a crystal clear yellow in color with a nice fluffy white head. Hoppy and malty aroma. Banana and clove notes. Spicey. Yeasty. Sweet. Malty and hoppy flavor. Crisp and refreshing. Spicey. Finish is smooth. Drinkable. Nice beer.