overall
Serve in Lager glass

RATINGS: 861   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.1   EST. CALORIES: 153   ABV: 5.1%
A good beer takes time. The long lager time makes our pale beer a matter of mild, flavourful beer enjoyment. Brewed in accordance with a centuries-old beer tradition on Weihenstephan Hill.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
thedm (4920) - Fort Wayne, USA - MAR 24, 2003
UPDATED: JUN 4, 2003 This brew was a highly carbonated pour which immediately filled my glass with a white head of small bubbles and a light transparent yellow orange color. Its aroma reminds me of fruits, but its taste is not fruity, but ... man I wish I was better able to describe my tastes. This one escapes me too. It is carbonated and smooth. Very drinkable and does not convey a high alcohol content. It was an easily drinkable beer.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
johndoughty (3844) - cheslyn hay, West Midlands, ENGLAND - MAR 11, 2003
A light straw colour which is lacking in depth or real flavour. Low carbonisation makes for a pleasant but uninspiring drink.Although the brewers describe it as a mild flavour I would use another m word-mundane.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
Uglyradio (791) - Greenville, South Carolina, USA - MAR 10, 2003
Pours a clear, pale yellow color with a thin, fizzy white head. The aroma is light and mildly hoppy. Light bodied with medium carbonation, it has a crisp mouthfeel with a malty flavor up front and a dry, slightly hoppy finish. A refreshing lager.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
dev (50) - Savannah, Missouri, USA - MAR 5, 2003
Very light straw color. Foamy white head that dissipates quickly. Slightly fruity,slightly bitter,sweet at the end. Very mild and watery.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
mikeben (355) - Naperville, Illinois, USA - FEB 21, 2003
Good lager. Similer to Hacker Pshorre Munich, it is one of the best non weiss.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
PorterPounder (5340) - Tallahassee, Florida, USA - FEB 16, 2003
Malty - sour aroma - not unpleasant - but not over appealing. Little to no head which dissipates quickly. Murky, urine-sample like appearance. Dry, malty flavor - true to the style - with a bit ouf sourness. Decent mouthfeel - goes down smooth.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
Brodie (540) - Blowing Rock, North Carolina, USA - FEB 16, 2003
Perfumy hops in the aroma. Light straw color, poor head retention. Sweet malt up front, some Hallertauer hops, with a dry finish.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
WabashMan (1009) - Noblesville, Indiana, USA - FEB 10, 2003
UPDATED: DEC 17, 2007 Before rating, I should mention that my bottle says "Original Lager"...leading to that always wonderful doubt as to whether or not I’m reviewing the correct beer. Color is a nice gold, with a quickly fading head that lacks a lot. The aroma is fairly nice for the style, though not remarkable. Flavor is decent, and drinkable, though again non-remarkable. All around, an acceptable lager, though far from being highly sought after, in my book.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
ultraspank (867) - Alverca, Lisboa, PORTUGAL - FEB 2, 2003
A bottle of this came in my "Beers of the World" giftpack. I felt that my girlfriend's aromatic description was a bit unfair "smells like throwing up after ten tequila body shots". I found the nose to have a malty aroma of toasted cereal and flowers. The brew pours a light golden with floating yeast "mothers". The massive white fizzy/creamy head is fully lasting with fair lacing. The flavor is well balanced if bland, and the finish is long, nutty, and toasty. The light to medium body is creamy and soft, and finishes dry.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
Jayb0 (994) - Cherry Hill, New Jersey, USA - JAN 20, 2003
Straightforward lager distinguishes itself from american style with a breadiness in the mouth and slightly in the nose. After reading the dortmunder description I see that this breadiness is typical of the style, so I"ll re-rate and notch it up a point. Drinkable, not seekable.