overall
Style: English Strong Ale
Bedford, England

RATINGS: 1259   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.98   EST. CALORIES: 156   ABV: 5.2%
Bottled, Pasteurised.
This dark golden coloured ale hugs the palate with great intensity. Its malty aroma is complemented by the gentle nose of Banana. Its flavour unfolds with a sensual sparkle and a smart crispness, which balances its aroma perfectly. Tropically fruity; its ripe banana flavour, emphasised by a hint of bitterness, comes from the addition of real fair trade bananas and finishes with an emphatic, steely dryness.
2005 Recipe changed from 5.5% to 5.2%

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
jagad5 (65) - - DEC 12, 2013
In the bottle complementing steak at a Japanese grill style restaurant. The bananas are there. You can smell them. Iíve had a bottle. Iíd drink another if someone offer but I donít need to buy it for myself.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
Markys (64) - Stockholm, SWEDEN - MAY 23, 2009
Aroma of malt and banana. Flavor of malt, bananas and wet socks. Iíll not buy more of this in the future.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
King_Dean (63) - SOUTH AFRICA - JUL 10, 2013
Light copper pour. Small white head. Low carbonation. Sweet toffee, Banana on the nose. Sweet molasses, toffee and Banana on the tongue. I find the Banana taste way too synthetic for my liking.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 12/20
TempeCoyote (63) - Tempe, Arizona, USA - OCT 27, 2013
Dark copper with medium white head. Smells, as expected, like bananas. Beer is clear and quite crisp however, not the murky unfiltered beer I expected. All perspectives of the fruit in here, from unripe bitterness to overripe sugars. Interesting and not too in your face with the fruit. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
Brew42 (61) - - JUL 20, 2013
I had low expectations because I refused to believe that a beer could taste like banana bread and color me impressed because it really does. A-Drank it out of a opaque bottle so I cant speak for its appearance. Smell- Bananas or course! Taste- It tastes like banana bread, seriously. MF- Surprised to see the pictures of the beer being so light because I felt like I was drinking a much darker beer. Almost stout like creaminess. Overall- If you like banana bread, bananas, or just sweet beer, give it a try. I am a big fan.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
marlin322 (61) - Florida, USA - JAN 26, 2011
not bad you can really taste the banan bread sepcially the after taste pretty weak of a beer but good for dessert

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
HopKitty (59) - Nashville, Tennessee, USA - SEP 14, 2010
This tasted better and more fresh when I had it at Treasure Coast Beer Fest 2009. Now it tastes like fake banana candy (Runts?) as opposed to smelling and tasting like freshly baked banana bread. Tastes stale, like plastic banana, and dirty dish water. This bottle was sitting at Whole Foods for too long.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
brp10 (59) - USA - DEC 18, 2010
Title says it all. Smells and tastes like banana bread. Not my fav. But something I would drink about once a month.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
YigSvartka (58) - Manitoba, CANADA - MAR 8, 2014
Vanilla, banana, caramel scent. Light and refreshing akin to a lager. Carbonation present, little hops, banana/caramel very prominent. The flavour is interesting, but itís too short lived and artificial banana is all it has to offer. Still good though.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 5/20
boisebeer (57) - boise, Idaho, USA - MAR 31, 2012
I got this beer at a local bottle shop that typically pulls in great stuff. cracked this bottle with a couple friends. They thought I was nuts for grabbing this bottle. It was not a hit with the crowd. I honestly couldnít finish my taster. I did love the smell of this beer. color looked nice. Co2 was harsh.