overall
Style: English Strong Ale
Bedford, England

RATINGS: 1290   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.98   EST. CALORIES: 156   ABV: 5.2%
Bottled, Pasteurised.
This dark golden coloured ale hugs the palate with great intensity. Its malty aroma is complemented by the gentle nose of Banana. Its flavour unfolds with a sensual sparkle and a smart crispness, which balances its aroma perfectly. Tropically fruity; its ripe banana flavour, emphasised by a hint of bitterness, comes from the addition of real fair trade bananas and finishes with an emphatic, steely dryness.
2005 Recipe changed from 5.5% to 5.2%

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
Brew42 (61) - - JUL 20, 2013
I had low expectations because I refused to believe that a beer could taste like banana bread and color me impressed because it really does. A-Drank it out of a opaque bottle so I cant speak for its appearance. Smell- Bananas or course! Taste- It tastes like banana bread, seriously. MF- Surprised to see the pictures of the beer being so light because I felt like I was drinking a much darker beer. Almost stout like creaminess. Overall- If you like banana bread, bananas, or just sweet beer, give it a try. I am a big fan.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
leopolito (61) - Săo Caetano do Sul, BRAZIL - JAN 8, 2014
Cerveja suave, com aroma bem gostoso de banana e sabor beeeeem suave, sem amargor nenhum. Ia ser mais agradável se tivesse uma espuma bem consistente p ara ser bonita alem de gostosa.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
marlin322 (61) - Florida, USA - JAN 26, 2011
not bad you can really taste the banan bread sepcially the after taste pretty weak of a beer but good for dessert

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
HopKitty (59) - Nashville, Tennessee, USA - SEP 14, 2010
This tasted better and more fresh when I had it at Treasure Coast Beer Fest 2009. Now it tastes like fake banana candy (Runts?) as opposed to smelling and tasting like freshly baked banana bread. Tastes stale, like plastic banana, and dirty dish water. This bottle was sitting at Whole Foods for too long.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
brp10 (59) - USA - DEC 18, 2010
Title says it all. Smells and tastes like banana bread. Not my fav. But something I would drink about once a month.

1.4
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 5/20
Boekanier (57) - NETHERLANDS - APR 5, 2014
Though the mouthfeel and appearance are ok, the flavor is way too artificial. Not my piece of cake, I prefer a slice of real banana bread instead of drinking this.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 5/20
boisebeer (57) - boise, Idaho, USA - MAR 31, 2012
I got this beer at a local bottle shop that typically pulls in great stuff. cracked this bottle with a couple friends. They thought I was nuts for grabbing this bottle. It was not a hit with the crowd. I honestly couldn’t finish my taster. I did love the smell of this beer. color looked nice. Co2 was harsh.

labattslover74 (55) - Florida, USA - AUG 22, 2014
Pours a golden amber, aroma of bananas, hops, bread, pretty simple to explain, taste like dipping a piece of banana bread in beer. It is a must to try.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
bburychka (55) - Pennsylvania, USA - JUL 19, 2009
While I couldn’t drink many at one sitting, the banana smell and flavor make it extremely interesting.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
Davetopay (53) - Leesburg, Virginia, USA - SEP 6, 2007
Being a man who doesn’t like bananas I was VERY surprised by this beer. I was expecting a candy-sweet-mushy in the mouth experiment gone wrong. I got excactly the opposite. The body was a full as it needed to be with bananas on the nose, but not so much on the palate. The Malt profile was big and toasty and nutty....like banana bread! The hops were there, but not overpowering or competing for space in the brew. The finish was crisp and left a pleasant dryness in the back of my mouth, begging me to go back for more. This could serve as an excellent breakfast beer for those willing to go down that road on occasion.