Weltons Yang Metal Tiger

(RETIRED)

Formerly brewed at Weltons
Style: Golden Ale/Blond Ale
Horsham, England

RATINGS: 2   MEAN: 2.4/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.66   SEASONAL: Special   EST. CALORIES: 123   ABV: 4.1%
Cask; Special. 2010 is the Chinese year of the Yang Metal Tiger.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
ladnewton (1489) - London, Greater London, ENGLAND - JAN 22, 2010
Gosh how reputations can change! Like the previous reviewer I was almost deterred by the pump clip (and previous Welton beers) until it was recommended me by a senior barman at the Wenlock Arms, London on 20th January 2010. Pale gold with a small white head. Fruity, spicy aroma and a deliciously grassy/citric hop blend. Slightly saline mouthfeel and a citric hoppy finish. No hint of metallacity or the usual sweet caramel I have known in the past. Probably the best pint of Welton’s I have drunk.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 2/20
harrisoni (14141) - Ashford, Kent, ENGLAND - JAN 15, 2010
Cask handpull at Opera House, JDW, Tunbridge Wells. The reason I flag Welton’s beers, but I was attracted by the pump clip. Mostly bleach and sharp hop. I’d rather drink water than this. This brewery is flagged again.