overall

RATINGS: 599   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.69   SEASONAL: Special   IBU: 5   EST. CALORIES: 120   ABV: 4%
This is our interpretation of Gose (pronounced “Gose-uh”), a traditional German-style sour wheat beer brewed with coriander and salt. Once nearly extinct, this very refreshing style is making a comeback.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 16/20
gr_pa (9) - POLAND - JUL 6, 2015 does not count
Can. Hazy gold colour, no head. Aroma and taste reminds me sauerkraut or water from pickled cucumbers. Very dry. Salt is perceptible, but light. Some wheat notes.

fkoolen (567) - Maastricht, NETHERLANDS - JUL 4, 2015
Can at home. Nicely cloudy yellow colour, big white foamy head. Incredibly fruity nose with red berries, mandarin, and sour white grapes, coming back in the taste as well; tard, light salt, light earthy. Dry finish. Nicely complex, especially considering the low abv. Medium body, lively carbonation, creamy mouthfeel.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
solidfunk (5182) - Washington D.C., Washington DC, USA - JUL 3, 2015
Very nice for the style. Lots of lime and salt. Pours hazy yellow. Tangy finish. Good balance. Tap at brewpub.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
Beersiveknown (3844) - NORTHERN IRELAND - JUN 30, 2015
can at home from brewdog online
pours opaque pale amber gold with no head. super citric sourness on road. very sour, tart, plenty of salt, lower coriander than some, moderate carbonation, lowish body the wheat is lost a bit with too much lactic.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 15/20
BadAprilia1000 (377) - Sevierville, Tennessee, USA - JUN 28, 2015
Pours a clear golden color with a white thin head. Aroma is salty, fruity, coriander and spices, wheat, green apple. Taste is salt, green apple, wheat, spices. Great gose, awesome drinkable version of the style, a bit heavier than my usual on salt for the style but still great. Worth having a sixer of if possible.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
ramboraffe (1122) - Göteborg, SWEDEN - JUN 28, 2015
355 ml can from Mikkeller and Friends Bottleshop. Clear golden with very thin white head. Sour acidic with spices and coriander. Green apples and slightly funky. Dry with medium sourness, low bitterness and medium carbonation.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
alex_leit (378) - Minsk, BELARUS - JUN 28, 2015
Can. Hazy honey-yellow with a very noisy white foam. Aroma: citrus and lactic acid, fruits, coriander and wheat. Taste sour, citric and lactic acid, sour apple, cucumber pickle, little wheat, coriander, mild saltiness. Very refreshing.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
lightbias (288) - USA - JUN 28, 2015
So many beers, so little time and so many I can’t get to without a struggle. But I got this one! I pour the beer into a stange, the honey-lemon liquid is capped fleetingly with a bright white foam. The head is gone by the time I put my camera away, and I find myself with a headless brew. The aroma is funky, tart-lemon, and it tickles my sinuses as I breathe it in. It’s really earthy and a bit salty; and I can almost taste the ocean when I tip the glass to drink. I take small sips at first, then large swallows, flooding my mouth with the beer, gaging the feel of it. It’s so lively that at first I don’t even notice the sour, but then the brew warms on my tongue and loses that initial buzz. Now the taste comes on to me, punching its way from my lips to my throat, graceful but angry. This has a beautifully light body, and to have that kind of carbonation and taste combination, it must. The flavors are carried over from the aroma, the saltiness of the nose creating an excellently supportive dryness on my tongue and gums; allowing the earthy, lemony sourness to play over my taste buds. It is a bit of a finish, lengthy and of course, the Gose being what it is, I should expect that. There are just some tastes that hang on longer than others. This is surprisingly mellow for a sour beer, and being certain that it is at the recommended temperature is key. I let it warm a bit just to see how it goes and I am not happy with it at all. Keep it cold. It’s quite delicious if you keep it cold!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
SirLimpsalot (2600) - SWEDEN - JUN 27, 2015
@ Basunen 15-6-27: doftar salt och krydda. Smaken är härligt syrligt med inslag av citrus och gräs. Gott. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone ---- Soberness not garanteed!

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
pineypower (2723) - Pine Barrens, New Jersey, USA - JUN 14, 2015
Can. Pours out a hazy lighter golden color with a moderate white head. Aroma is of tart/funky/sourness some light spice, tart citrus and some light salt water. Taste is nice and tart with lemon, light citrus, sourness, funk, mild spices, lightly salty. Great summer beer.